Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise on proposed changes to the firearms laws

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

What in the feck are you even discussing these people from the home for the bewildered and IPSC in the same topic for?? I do not discuss yourselves and Pol Pot in the same topic for the same reasons.

The Admission earlier that a range lost it's authorisation for people playing silly buggers is a revelation to me. Is this what all this is about? Do we finally have a smoking gun?
    Was someone caught with their trousers around their ankles and a handful of baby cream so claimed they were about to change a nappy and now nappy changing is to be banned?

Light dawns on yonder hill.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Almost there Bman but not quite.
    Only reason I am mentioning this is because there is some EVIDENCE
    of double dealing for want of better a word,illegal activities under irish law and proably the root cause of all these rumours,and ineuendo that was killing us.
    The lot from the home from the Bewilderd are actually DOING,have videoed,are selling DVDs thereof have done and will be doing naughty things in Ireland.IOW concrete factual proof!!!

The range thing and the authorisation and training of BGs somewhere in the country,all I can say is it is shakey,circumstantial,second hand information,which if true was never prosecuted or followed up by the Gardai. WHY NOT??
    So put yourself in a Judges position.What would you regard as the stronger evidence?Rumour,heresay and some supposedly witness to the fact,and the sporting organisation who is liscensed to use the range has nothing to do with the illegal act. Or presentable,documentable evidence with people doing allsorts of illegal acts on your juristiction???

[IOW say God forbid,somone loses their rag,gets their target rifle and checks out a high rise property in one of our cities.Would we be all very happy in saying oh well,he was a member of a target rifle club and target shooting society,so therefore theyclub and society must be involved in training demented snipers????]

So to surmise what is possibly going down here?
    1]Somone in power here either saw/heard about/read about the IBA and the DVD in 2008 and either got their facts mixed up and innocently, or deliberatly misrepersented them by associating practical pistol with this bunch of weekend warriors.

2] The DOJ/Gardai were totally and blissfully unaware of the IBA and it's antics.[which I would find hard to belive,and hopefully now ARE aware of this lot].But being informed upon it acted in a panic and started seeing BG,and mercenaries being trained all over the place,and decided to play safe and shut it all down.Unfortunatly hitting the innocent in the process.

I am theroising alot here,but you know the way things work in Ireland.A mouse in Limerick,is a dinosaur in Dublin. So dont dismiss this out of hand.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Locked for the moment. I'll deal with this nonsense when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm not waiting that long. The one night we get to take an evening off and you lot decide that's the night to not act your age?
    Muppetry posts deleted, Blazher and Grizzly45 take a month off to cool down.
    Feck's sake lads. You know better than this.

We'll reopen the thread tomorrow when someone's around to watch it.
    Feck's sake.

Advertisement