Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon

• 12-03-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Mastodon.........whats that all about then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

About being one of the best and original metal bands out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

About being one of the best and original metal bands out there today.

No, he must mean the amazingly technical & progressive, yet immediately accessible, guitar and drum interplay.
    Or maybe it's the irresistible melodic hooks mixed with the incredibly emotive primal vocals.

Or maybe he just means they kick ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I really don't get the appeal at all, never liked them and probably never will. Blood Mountain was downright boring to listen to, Leviathan was decent enough, but not spectacular. They don't have many riffs that are interesting or inspiring, and the vocalist just grates at my ears, an unpleasent listen generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Just recently aquired some of thier material, initial thoughts are melodic metal with sickening dropped d tuning and a hell of alot of vocals. Oh yeah and the drums ain't bad either. Mixed fellings towards what i'm hearing. Maybe they will grow on me? Oh listening to Blood Mountain BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

they are lower than dropped d i think...

great band on album. Couldn't pay me to go and see them live again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

they are lower than dropped d i think...

great band on album. Couldn't pay me to go and see them live again.

I will give you 1000 euros if you go!!!

Why, are they not good live or summit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Everyones ive ever talked to told me there attrocious live....but i still gotta see em cause there music is just sooo sooo class.

Hated em for ages but one day it all clicked and made sense, mastadon FTW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Why, are they not good live or summit?

Instrumentally, they are fantastic live and Troy's vocals are solid but when brent sings it sounds like a pig squeeling. I'm a big fan of their work but I still cringe when Brent sings live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm shocked at the suggestion that they're not good live. Seen them 3 times, loved every one.

Great band. Cannot wait for Crack The Skye next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DeanML

My friend doesnt like them and said they're one of the best bands he has ever seen live, I can't wait to see them at metallica

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

some amazing stuff, but also some very cheesey stuff. I just ordered a cool tshirt off their site though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i suppose id take 1000 euro...haha

dont get me wrong, instrumentally they are fantastic live. Its just Iv found their gigs to be very lacking in atmosphere, and just havent enjoyed them..

They are quite stand-offish on stage or something, not very fun!

Advertisement