Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan X-Trail 2.2 Diesel

• 12-03-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have never even driven a 4x4 but at the moment i am on the lookout for something a bit bigger than my Honda Civic. Was in a Honda dealership the other day and i saw a 2006 xtrail with very low mileage. Looks tempting. Anyone here have any experience with this model?
    Many Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

A few years ago, Nissan supplied one to our club to play with and use "off road"
    Nice little motor, good bit of room in the back, but a bitch for getting stuck in the field.
    The other nissans we had (Nivara's) were grand, they too got stuck, but not as easy as the Xtrail did.
    also ground clearance was an issue, and we scrapped the sh1t out of the side steps and the under neath;)
    At least we had permission to use and abuse and had back

It really depends what you want to use it for. As an average road car it's fine. Motor way traveling is comfortable. takes a little getiing used to the dials in the centre of the dash.
    the 2.2 litre is a fine engine, But the tax class is about 823 per year.

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jcatony

Cheers for the quick reply robbie. I wouldnt be putting it through its paces, i have a 9 month old son and the civic 5 door just isnt big enough. MPVs all look pretty boring to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

I drove a 7 seater up until Jan this year. Due to cost of taxing, I traded it in. Now I drive a Suzuki Liana 1.6 and boy what a difference.
    the suzuki is faster responding, plenty of rear passenger room and huge boot.
    Also cheap on the tax.
    Just remember, the servicing cost can be a little higher on a diesel over a petrol.

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

If you really need a 4x4 buy one. If not buy a real drivers car that is still practical for the family.

Something like this.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A6/1.9-TDI-/200847190963711/advert

By the way i have a 4x4 so i'm not some sort of anti 4x4 fanatic.

Advertisement