Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorting domain & hosting for Wordpress

Options
  • 12-03-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased a domain name (www.yellowromancandles.ie) from Blacknight recently, and subsequently went on to purchase the Medius hosting package. The domain name currently points to a wordpress.com blog myself and a few friends run, but I now want to install wordpress, upload a theme I've purchased and start blogging using that theme at yellowromancandles.ie.

I believe the first thing I need to do is add the hosting package I've bought to the domain, is that correct? The two are 'separate' at the moment - I have no idea if I'm explaining that correctly, I hope I'm making some sense. If anybody could point me in the right direction to get this done, that'd be great.

I believe it should then be a fairly straightforward task of installing wordpress via the tool in the control panel, yes?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lenny Antonelli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'd recommend you contact our support team if you haven't already

Advertisement