Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sagging XJS headlining

• 12-03-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi I just bought a 92 XJS and the fabric is sagging away from the roof headlining, can anyone advise on how to fix this or recommend anyone to do it for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

What is it made from and how should it be held up ?

If its glued then you could buy spray glue with appropriate nozzle and spray from a suitable place. make sure you use a glue that is suitable for whatever the material is, some vinyl can react with certain solvents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

Martin Murray, panel beater from Croom Co Limerick, fits head lining. See his add in the one before last Irish Vintage Scene.

Justin.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

ronanl wrote: »
    Hi I just bought a 92 XJS and the fabric is sagging away from the roof headlining, can anyone advise on how to fix this or recommend anyone to do it for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ro

An XJS. Well fair play to you, thats commitment with a bit of style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

macplaxton wrote: »

.......thast a good guide, well done !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭kahaya

I don't know where you are based but I would highly recommend Car Interior Design http://www.carinteriordesign.ie/. These guys are based in Galway.
    They put the headlining on my Dad's 74 Daimler Soverign and it was an excellent job. Also saw some of the other jobs they were doing while the car was there and it really is fabulous quality work and quite good value too.

Advertisement