Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone SW 3.0 preview on Paddys day..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, its not. Its a preview event, same as the Roadmap Townhall that was done to announce 2.0 and the SDK. The actual launch itself will most likely be later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Title changed.

Looks interesting.

Wonder if they will do something with Bluetooth? It must be something big to have such a jump from 2.2.1 to 3.0.

Getting the masses ready for the new device in June/July? :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Title changed.

Looks interesting.

Wonder if they will do something with Bluetooth? It must be something big to have such a jump from 2.2.1 to 3.0.

Getting the masses ready for the new device in June/July? :D

well the 3G came with 2.0, so maybe there will be a new phone announced too but the 3.0 SW will be backward compatible?

3.0 would normally indicate a new HW platform also, but who knows.

Personally flash support and push notifications are what I want to see, I guess copy and paste, video recording, sms forwarding and MMS support would shut the haters up a bit also..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Maybe this OS might appear on an Apple netbook? It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bump.

Anyone know what time this is on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Indeed, was just wondering about the timing myself.

Am almost gagging for an iPhone at this stage, despite their flaws :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

As well as the obvious copy and paste and mms and better bluetooth capabilities...I'd like to be able to forward texts and also receive business cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Bump.

5 pm

Bump.

10am pacific, so 5pm here.

edit. freaky, no-one replies for hours then 2 people at same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

All i want is for them to allow software applications to stay running in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Is this being streamed live anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Live blog here: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10197216-37.html - best i can find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭CivilEx

*gets popcorn ready*

turn by turn and push, happy with that even if that was all she wrote.

No multitasking.
    What a load of balls

Anyone notice the pic of a scissors icon in the pic of the SDK Globe. Copy and Paste me thinks.

reasons makes sense to me, they allow it, people leave 5 apps running the whole time and go nuts when their battery runs out in an hour...

Dman001 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the pic of a scissors icon in the pic of the SDK Globe. Copy and Paste me thinks.

it says text selection also, so think its a given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ffs at gizmodo "blah blah blah oracle" tell us what they are saying it's your freaking job, just because you're not interested doesn't mean people on your website aren't.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    reasons makes sense to me, they allow it, people leave 5 apps running the whole time and go nuts when their battery runs out in an hour...

Not really. All they have to do is make them dormant while not on the screen. Running for a few cycles out of every thousand to check to see if any work is required.

Would have been easy to select just one or 2 apps by the user to allow to run this way too.

ffs at gizmodo "blah blah blah oracle" tell us what they are saying it's your freaking job, just because you're not interested doesn't mean people on your website aren't.
    In fairness not majority of people don't care about Oracle:) I see they aren't showing all of the Home Screen, maybe changes to that are coming.

Dman001 wrote: »
    In fairness not majority of people don't care about Oracle:) I see they aren't showing all of the Home Screen, maybe changes to that are coming.
    still though the majority of people may not care about insulin monitoring or epsn news alerts but they didn't brush over them.

as for not showing the full home screen i presume that's just because they want to emphasize the app that's being demoed.

bobbbb wrote: »
    Not really. All they have to do is make them dormant while not on the screen. Running for a few cycles out of every thousand to check to see if any work is required.

Would have been easy to select just one or 2 apps by the user to allow to run this way too.

running for a few cycles to check servers for new data, you kidding?:confused:

copacetic wrote: »
    running for a few cycles to check servers for new data, you kidding?:confused:

You know what i mean. (I hope)
    Dont take everything so literally.

cut copy and paste is confirmed along with 100 more features.

gonna be interesting to see how apple implement cut copy and paste.

pretty nice, I like shake to undo.

At last, landscape keyboard in other Apps.

mms too, about time & txt messaging forwarding.

• Advertisement

Never really cared about MMS. I've only used about once in my whole life.

Advertisement