Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Takeaway

Options
  • 12-03-2009 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a good Chinese takeaway, somewhere around the east side?

One where I can drive my car to, park outside and walk no more than a few meters in the door. i.e. not in the "city" city.

Also don't be suggesting getting it delivered. I don't believe in food being delivered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

China Court has all your high calorie/low walking distance needs. Ballybane Road where the Supervalue is.

I've found it excellent (especially the sezchuan beef) - was very surprised when people here gave it poor reviews. My only thought is that it must have improved in the time before I moved to Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Whats it like price wise?

7-9 euro for dish + fried rice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

exactly that - I think the fried rice or noodles is an extra euro or you can get boiled rice for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Don't use the Curry House anyway. Had a take away from there last night. I ended up abusing my s.h.i.t.t.e.r from both ends of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A ton of recommendations in this old thread
    My suggestion is the one on Dominic street across from Kebab House

• Advertisement

I went to the China Court earlier tonight and was impressed.

I parked right outside and it only took me three steps to get inside the door. I got the fillet of beef in black bean sauce with fried rice which came to €10.30. A euro more than where I usually get my chineses back home so not too bad.

It only took 5 minutes too which was very quick.

The only downside of ever getting a chinese takeaway is the volume of food which I eat far to quick and end up exhaused for a few hours afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Two threads on helping you find stuff? Would you like us to hold it for you while you take a slash?

'c

Two threads on helping you find stuff? Would you like us to hold it for you while you take a slash?

'c

Well my arm does get tired from the pure weight of it, so yeah it would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I always go to China Garden. Its across the road from the GMIT campus on the Wellpark road. Its always been top nosh food and very reasonable. Plus if your really in the mood for pigging out there is a shop beside it with some nice mini baileys chessecakes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Any establishment filling GalwayGuys requirements, but on the west side of the city anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

the one in Barna is good, cant remember the name :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Feck ye!

It's 11am and I'm drooling at the thought of a Chinese. Om nyom nyom.
    I do believe in deliveries though so I will be ordering via the telephone.

PB2 - How's about the one across from the Hospital? It's not bad and you can usually park within a few meters of the door ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I tried the ones across from the hospital before, not particularly impressed to be honest.

There's also one near Gentian Hill in beside a service station. Never tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Feck ye!

It's 11am and I'm drooling at the thought of a Chinese. Om nyom nyom.

Ya same as that. Good job I'm heading home to the country tonight and it's always chinese night every Friday back home. Its like the Galtee add but more cultured and less miles involved if ya get me?!? :confused: ?!!?

I was thinking of that ad this morning, had a few bits of a fry for brekkie.

What? Hungover? Me? Never!
    *toddles off* Do do do do do do do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Asian Fusion in Oranmore can't be beaten as far as i'm concerned. They used to own the Royal Villa in town and i think they have that as a sub menu to there menu. Their food is delicious and has no MSG's either. I sound like an advert..... but i love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

China Garden Well park 091-773939

or
    Chans in Doughuisce 091 - 706500

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

anyone have ph number of that chinese on forster street, above pucan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

bamboo chinese take away, dominick street.

Nuff said. Best in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

anyone know any chineses open late (after 12) on a Sunday, west side of the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Any establishment filling GalwayGuys requirements, but on the west side of the city anyone?

Cappagh Chinese (on the Cappagh Road) is nice, they even have the menu kind of online (in pdf format).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I still think the Golden Mountain across from Menlo Park Hotel is the best thing in Galway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I don't believe in food being delivered.

Why not? I'm pretty certain it happens.

Advertisement