Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for........who? and for what?

• 12-03-2009 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble reading the scribing/writing style on the "Vote For" signs/posters put up around the city during the week?:confused:

Is it for local elections or something?
    I thought they put those up high on poles.
    Someone told me it could be for a Talent show on RTE, I dunno cause I dont watch much on RTE to be honest.

I can only make out the Irish flag background colours and then the words VOTE FOR, after that the scriber/painter (looks like someone used a brush, these are not professionally done posters) style of handwriting is very hard to make out, especially when driving.

Whoever owns the posters or knows the people who put them up will you tell them I can't read them.:o

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume the posters are for that waterford kid in RTEs talent show. Its plastered all over the college so I assume its probably made its way into town.

Other then that its coming up to the local & european elections and candidates from partys are canvasing their wards. We have a thread dedicated to this in both City and County showing you who is running for what party. :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yes it is indeed for Jack Lynch who is taking part in Irelands got talent. I also agree that the posters are very hard to make out. The one on the bridge is imo in a dangerous place especially with the writing been so hard to make out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

the one out near witfield is madness to read.

An another note, is the young lad any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

If this is the guy he has some funky dance moves alright
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP3NHzUyjq4

He should get his promo team to use posters that people can easily read.
    If people can't read the posters it's a waste of time.

Not everyone in Waterford city will know to come onto this thread on boards.ie to find out what they mean :D

I'll try take a photo next time I pass it to show everyone how badly they are to read.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The signs you are seeing are custom mad, ie on the cheap. I assume the Students Union paid for the ones in the college which are better (though, they are somewhat "professionally" done!) and can be made out more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

maybe it just me, but surely the co. council should be out removing all these signs at the roads,
    they are in breach of planning reg's and aren't allowed.....

A blind eye is turned to lots of signs like these as they are usually only temporary. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Sully wrote: »
    A blind eye is turned to lots of signs like these as they are usually only temporary. :)

and that folks is the problem......
    a blind eye......

they should be removed in places where they are in breach of reg's and planning....
    temporary or not they are dangerous..

Advertisement