Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

volunteer with red cross

• 12-03-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

would like to know if there are any red cross branches in south dublin. i want to volunteer as a first aider......but first need to train. i have recently decided i would like to become a paramedic and thought this would help in making up my mind and give good insight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Eastern and South Eastern Regional Office

47 Mountjoy Street, Dublin 7. Ph: 01 8603819. Email: DublinOffice@redcross.ie

This office covers the counties of Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Wexford, Laois, Carlow and Kilkenny.

If you contact the above, they will point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

St John Ambulance is commencing a 1st Aid class on Tuesday March 31st @ 745pm.

It's being held in their HQ , 29 Upper Leeson Street, Dublin 4.

Telephone 01 6688077 for further details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Puibo wrote: »
    would like to know if there are any red cross branches in south dublin. i want to volunteer as a first aider......but first need to train. i have recently decided i would like to become a paramedic and thought this would help in making up my mind and give good insight.
    the IRC have several branches in south county dublin ...PM me for more details and i can provide contact details ..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Order Of Malta have 20 Units in Dublin & County you can be trained to EMT Level which is just Below Paramedic & is PHECC Recognised which is needed to work in Ambulance Service.

www.orderofmalta.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

+1 on OMAC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I'm a member of the Cork city branch of the Irish red Cross. I would definitely advise you to join the Red Cross or even the Order of Malta as a volunteer. They will provide you firstly with Basic First Aid training and then onwards to intermediate and so on. You would also be expected to do duties in which you would attend football matches/ point to points/ concerts etc as a First Aider.

It is great fun and the people you volunteer with can become some of the bestest people you ever meet. I know it's that way for me.

Best of luck with your journey to becoming a Paramedic.

:)

Advertisement