Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliffs of Moher - One of the new seven wonders?

• 12-03-2009 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before but is there much interest in the fact that Cliffs of Moher are in contention for becoming one of the new seven wonders of the world?

The Cliffs are currently 12th in the 'Seascapes' section of the competition. We need all the votes we can get so please visit www.new7wonders.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

:(Is it the only natural wonder in the world with an entrance fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

Or the more comic version.....

www.moherman.com

Ask not what your country can do for you.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

May have been one of the 7 wonders until the Clare County Council destroyed it. It has now joined the hall of shame to become another post Celtic Tiger rip off.

I used to take a stroll & coffee at the center several times a year from town, not any more, last time was when the new center just opened and have absolutly no intention of going back.

I'm sure there are others from town and about the county that feel the same, the ones that really lose out is the CCC and the coffee shop. If they halved the fee they might get some locals back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There's a bit of an attitude among many people that if you criticise something to do with the arts you're a philistine. But I can't see how some building adds value to a tourist attraction like that. It speaks for itself and raising the price of admission to such an extent means you're not going to revisit it very often.

If anybody hasn't been to Doolin caves yet I thoroughly recommend it. Much cheaper than Aillwee caves and more atmospheric and impressive.

Advertisement