Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Golden Island Athlone

• 12-03-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Just home from the cinema in athlone, got a parking ticket!!! sickened cause i was in earlier in the day to go to tescos and then went bk in this evening at 3.30 to go to the cinema, ive to pay a fine of €30 quid to park my car there for two and a half hours!!!!! So annoyed!! just beware, i'm going to ring the company in the morning and explain, if ive to pay i will never go near the shopping centre again!!! i wouldnt mind but the car was in a totally different part of the car park and in total i wasnt even there 3 hours!!! any one else ever get fined like this????:mad:

Comments

Never had anything like that happen to me, and I've had the odd day when I've been in and out a couple of times in a day.

The point you really need to clear up, is the fact that the car was presumably in two different sections of the carpark and there was a significant gap between visits.

Check the small print on the signs for a "return prohibited with in X hours" it may scupper you.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Eireann

Kim, the thing you will have gotten is a 'warning', not a ticket.

The car parking guy doesnt actually issue tickets, just warnings.. all the time.

I work in GI and recieved loads of these because I refused to park my car in the 'staff' area as I finish after midnight.

Let us know how you get on, if you have any problems I will take care of the ticket for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

People at the cinema have told me before to retain cinema ticket as a valid reason for the car being there for so long, if you have proof you bought something in Golden Island (cinema ticket) then the parking shouldn't be a problem. It's not as if GI is at capacity at the minute, even at weekends.

flazio wrote: »
    People at the cinema have told me before to retain cinema ticket as a valid reason for the car being there for so long, if you have proof you bought something in Golden Island (cinema ticket) then the parking shouldn't be a problem. It's not as if GI is at capacity at the minute, even at weekends.

I'm a manager in the cinema, which is why I said if the OP needed help I would help! The guy going round just leaves these little pieces of paper on your windscreen, the amount of times I've had to give out to him for leaving them while people are in movies is incredible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

thanks for all yer advice, as far as i know it was a ticket as it said i'd to pay either €30 in two weeks or €50 after! I rang the company on friday morning and explained the situation and was told to send back the ticket that it shouldnt have happened!!! so so i registered it and sent it off, hopefully i wont hear anything else bout it!! I'll know for again tho! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thats ridiculous. If you have any more problems, come back into the cinema and we'll sort it out for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Thankfully Athlone in general is not as anal for parking regulations as most other towns of similar size.

We ARE catching up unfortunately, but still...where else can you park so close to town centre for free and have time to browse around a while

Advertisement