Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tactical vest for someone that likes G36s

Options
  • 12-03-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

I am hunting for a tactical vest at the moment and I have been reading the previous posts (which have lots of good information, spoilled for choice really). My one problem is that I have (and am very attached to) a G36. So I need to be sure anything I get will take the larger mags.

I was wondering if anyone out there has some suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

If you get a molle platform/vest you can customise it to your liking.
    It might cost a bit more but at least you know where everything is and you can change it whenever you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I was looking at them, seems like teh most flexible option anyway, but I am wondering about the mag pouches. Ideally I want to be able to get 2 G36 mags into each one. Most double pouches though just seem to be intended for 2 stanag mags (at least that is my impression).

Does anyone know where I can get ones that would take 2 G36 mags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Airsoft-fanatic

how many mags in total would you be wanting to put in your tac vest?

how many mags in total would you be wanting to put in your tac vest?
    Minimum 6, 8 if possible.

It will (hopefully) be seeing a lot of mil-sim use. I know that means a max of 10, but I accept that isn't going to be a runner with the G36 mags.

i think theres a vest with 8 different mag pouches, would you rather the double pouches instead? because i myself have a g36 and its my primary, but 4 spare mags do me, but then again i havent milsim'd yet, is it worth it?

back to the point, i lost the website, but it was american
    and its very hard to get a vest with 4 double mag pouches, i could hardly find one with 3 doubles

• Advertisement

i think theres a vest with 8 different mag pouches, would you rather the double pouches instead? because i myself have a g36 and its my primary, but 4 spare mags do me, but then again i havent milsim'd yet, is it worth it?

back to the point, i lost the website, but it was american
    and its very hard to get a vest with 4 double mag pouches, i could hardly find one with 3 doubles
    I reckoned doubles were better for saving space, but if there is one out there with 8 singles then I would be interested.

I am finding that most the "doubles" or "triples" are for single mags side by side, or have a divider in the middle of the pouch which prevents them being used for the bigger G36s.

Personally I thought the mil-sim game last week in HRTA was great but you can never have too many mags anyway can you?

im going hrta this saturday, because im busy every sunday with a football/hurling match

would you mind ordering a vest from an american/chinese website?
    if so i can try find it for you

Won't make it to HRTA myself this week as I will be in Limerick and Cork with family commitments.

I have been looking at a few of the Asian sites all right.

The only think I have found so far are German Idz Flecktarn double pouches on Flecktarn.co.uk.

They would be exactly what I want, except I don't really like flecktarn pattern! :-)

http://airsoftglobal.com/index.php?cPath=33_241&osCsid=8a7366a73aa6b14dd44eabffd9951e7d

they have quite a good few vests on that site (126 i think)

they have plenty of 6-8+ mag holder vests, the first one is even an 8 mag pouch holder, just scroll all the way down and see if you like any, and theres a page 2 dont forget

hope i helped

Thanks for the links. I am a little suspicious though when they say they vest holds the same number of M16 mags as G36s. I would really like to see one in person (and slip a mag into the pouch), or talk to someone that has one to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you could do what the german military do and link 2 mags together, then hang them on your torso with paracord from your webbing. even carabiners would be perfect.

i'd take it that if it says it takes m16s/g36s then it will fit the g36's, because they will hardly lie

There seems to be some decent (if slightly pricey) ones on the pantac site:
    http://www.pantacgear.com/pantac.gear/product-do-view-productid-155.html

That together with a molle vest should work.

Masada, you don't know of any pictures of Heer infrantrymen carrying their mags that way to give me an idea what it looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?products_id=118

If you read the review it says it has big ammo pouches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

you could get this from flea bay and they hold g36 mags 2 in each pouch but they a little stiff to get in and out awkward more so there is a divider in each pouch ya might wanna trim it out for more room to get mags in/out

AS526.jpg

I have found a crowd in the US that does double G36 mags pouches, and will do it in any colour you want. They are not the cheapest ($30 each) but they should work well.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/g36doublemagpouch.aspx

So I think I will get a molle vest and order some of these pouches to pick up the next time I am in the US.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Advertisement