Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K98 7.92x57 J Ammo

Options
  • 12-03-2009 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

After many a year looking and wanting a K98 i got one :D

Its a nice used k98 BYF43 model. Its in the orgl cal 7.92x57J. Dose anyone know any dealers selling this ammo?

Could you drop me a PM with any contact info

PS:: Il post some photos soon

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I think Jim Halpins in Listowel ,Kerry might be a good start .

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

The gunshop in portglenone NI has rounds. Some even WW2 dated and stamped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

chem wrote: »
    The gunshop in portglenone NI has rounds. Some even WW2 dated and stamped!

Do you got any contact info?

The Gun Shop
    Portglenone, Ballymena

Description:
    Licences supplied:
    Bann Systems
    F.C.B;

Contact details
    51b Main Street
    Portglenone
    Antrim
    Tel: 028 2582 1935
    Fax: 028 2582 1935
    Email: snam.stewart@btinternet.com

They also have K98 blanks if your into re-enactment;)

Post the pics of yours. I posted my pic of my k98 on hardware:D

Cheers Chem,

Have you found out any info about your K98?

So far i have found out that mine is a Russian capture(RC) that was made by Mauser at Oberndorf in 1943 and used in the war till the Russians got there hands on it. It was then reproofed by the British at some point.

I am now trying to find out who used the rifle in the war. I would be happy even if i find out what unit had it.

But i am well happy with it.

Just need to get some rounds and see if it shoots ok :D

img00008200903131232.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There's a seller in north Dublin you might want to talk to. John Kavanagh is his name if I recall correctly. He's carrying a lot of ammo for vintage military rifles and calibres.

Blazher wrote: »
    Cheers Chem,

Lovely looking rifle. :D

RC K98s Have X type stamp on the reciever. My k98 was made in 1937 by
    J.P. Sauer & Sohn. Its from Norway originaly and was rechambered to 7.62 I went this road because I felt there would be a better supply of ammo.

Check out this site: http://mauser98k.internetdsl.pl/indexen.html

One word of advise. Be careful not to close the bolt when you have it out of the rifle. Its a B1TCH to re-cock ;)

chem wrote: »
    Lovely looking rifle. :D

RC K98s Have X type stamp on the reciever. My k98 was made in 1937 by
    J.P. Sauer & Sohn. Its from Norway originaly and was rechambered to 7.62 I went this road because I felt there would be a better supply of ammo.

Check out this site: http://mauser98k.internetdsl.pl/indexen.html

One word of advise. Be careful not to close the bolt when you have it out of the rifle. Its a B1TCH to re-cock ;)

Yes i have been reading about people closing the bolt when its out of the rifle!

I have rang around north and south of Ireland looking for Ammo, no luck so far, I have been told 2 weeks+ But i need some for next weekend, The Classic Rifle shoot at the midlands.

Anyways thanks for all the replys. If any of you hear or know of any ammo around please let me know,

Thanks

I have 7.92 blanks here if you just want to try the rifle out PM me your location? Will ring a m8 with a k98k later and should be able to get you afew boxes of ammo;)

Right thanks to Chem i have found a dealer with some. But its up in Antrim.

All i need is a box or two for this sunday. Dose anyone know anyone willing to sell or loan me a box or two till i get my order in. first week of next month.

If not il have to drive up.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Hi Blazher,

Met you today. Hope you get sorted with the ammo soon. Love to see the Kar 98K in action. As I mentioned, I seen tons of them for sale in Germany at the Miliaria fair in Kassel last November.

Wish list :D:D Lee enfield No 1 MK111 SMLE, Lee Enfield No4, Kar98k, Moisin Nagant, Schmidt Rubin K31, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Arisaka 7.7mm, Carcano, Swedish Mauser 6.5mm and p14 .303.

Of Course the list is not exhaustive. May have a problem with the Japanese ammo.

Kryten wrote: »
    Hi Blazher,

Met you today. Hope you get sorted with the ammo soon. Love to see the Kar 98K in action. As I mentioned, I seen tons of them for sale in Germany at the Miliaria fair in Kassel last November.

Wish list :D:D Lee enfield No 1 MK111 SMLE, Lee Enfield No4, Kar98k, Moisin Nagant, Schmidt Rubin K31, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Arisaka 7.7mm, Carcano, Swedish Mauser 6.5mm and p14 .303.

Of Course the list is not exhaustive. May have a problem with the Japanese ammo.

Hi mate,

It was a good day out today. The Schmidt Rubin k31 was very nice but the rilfe i fell in love with was the LE no1 SMLE, Its just lovely.

As for the jap ammo, I cant see you hvaing a problem. It may take some time tho, But not a problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Blazher wrote: »
    Cheers Chem,

So far i have found out that mine is a Russian capture(RC) that was made by Mauser at Oberndorf in 1943 and used in the war till the Russians got there hands on it. It was then reproofed by the British at some point.

I am now trying to find out who used the rifle in the war. I would be happy even if i find out what unit had it.

But i am well happy with it.

img00008200903131232.jpg

Blazer realy nice rifle, K98 would be top of my wish list, can it be got in 6.5.

Sikamick

Sikamick wrote: »

Blazer realy nice rifle, K98 would be top of my wish list, can it be got in 6.5.

Sikamick

Thanks, It was a shame i couldnt get any rounds for it . But yes alot of them where we chambered for 30-06/308/6.5swed etc

But i think its a shame

Advertisement