Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The '09 NRL Thread. *will contain spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

amacachi wrote: »
    Only saw bits of it, need Sky+. What was he at anyway?

Gesturing, gurning and generally making sure through hand signals and gobbing-off that the world knew he, the great Wendell had scored two tries...both incidentally handed to him on a plate....a very unlovely specimen and all thats wrong with rugby league....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

toomevara wrote: »
    Gesturing, gurning and generally making sure through hand signals and gobbing-off that the world knew he, the great Wendell had scored two tries...both incidentally handed to him on a plate....a very unlovely specimen and all thats wrong with rugby league....

Aye, no need for it. Didn't see him doing any gestures like that when he was making mistakes and letting high kicks bounce next to him without making any effort to get to them.

Looking forward to seeing the Warriors (v Melbourne) for the first time this year....

(Setanta, 08:15 ,Apr 24)

Well this morning's results have my bet still going. :P

Looking forward to seeing the Warriors (v Melbourne) for the first time this year....

(Setanta, 08:15 ,Apr 24)

Excellent game, if you get the chance to catch it over the week you could do a lot worse. Definitely the best NRL offering I've seen so far this season...just watching Manu Vatuvei alone, worth the price of admission....

• Advertisement

Great televised game on Setanta this morn between the Dragons and The Dogs. Massively controversial end. Check it out of you can.

Great televised game on Setanta this morn between the Dragons and The Dogs. Massively controversial end. Check it out of you can.

Would it be worth only watching the end? Replay of it on Setanta at 12 o'clock, will more than likely only get to watch it from about 20 past onwards.

Would it be worth only watching the end? Replay of it on Setanta at 12 o'clock, will more than likely only get to watch it from about 20 past onwards.

Definitely, the second half should be more than enough.

Definitely, the second half should be more than enough.

Wasn't expecting a reply yet, thought maybe you were one of the topless lads at the Jungle. :P Try and watch that tonight and report back so. Was glancing through the listings, is it the only match Setanta are showing this week?

• Advertisement

Only in Australia could
    entering a playing field without authority.
    be a crime. :P Though I'm sure someone will pull up an old English or Irish Statute to prove me wrong. :P

What was the craic last week between the Dragons and the Bulldogs, didn't get to watch it. Saw the Footy show though missed the start, and game on Friday morning this week, so would appreciate no spoilers from yesterday morning. :P

What was the craic last week between the Dragons and the Bulldogs, didn't get to watch it. Saw the Footy show though missed the start, and game on Friday morning this week, so would appreciate no spoilers from yesterday morning. :P

Bulldogs scored an, imo, fantastic, entirely legit, last minute try to win the game, only to have it disallowed,by the video ref, for a minor and entirely unrelated incident in backplay.One of those increasingly common scenarios in RL, when a defender knows he's beat he deliberately hits a decoy runner to create the impression of obstruction..it was one of the worst cases I've seen. Dogs fans went mental and started showering the pitch with bottles...

While I get the frustration the bottles sound a bit OTT. I have to agree with the lads on the Footy Show, if between the two referees and the two linesman there's no obstruction noticed, then it probably wasn't really an obstruction. Using the video ref and video slowed down 8 or 10 times to make a decision is just daft.

A number of Top NRL players have contracted, or are suspected to have contracted, Swine Flu...Some, like Darren Lockyer have been placed in Quarantine. Its expected that next weekend's games will be hit badly.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12196_5369083,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

a chance for the Roosters to leap to the top of the table in a single week :D

Jesus with all those players having it it must've spread loads by now. They may have already infected 1 woman. :P

the Manly v Canterbury game today sounds like having been a real classic based on having listened live to the audio feed. Not seen a video yet but will prob download along the way.

anyone else catch the Parra v Penrith game today? As good as a final (if like me you were hoping for a Parra win)

Advertisement