Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet favourites blocked.

• 12-03-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Teck savvy people please help.

I allowed a friend to use my PC last week and ever since I cannot access most of the sites that I had added to "favourites".

When I click on sites listed in "favourites" the following message appears:-

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

Not Connected You are not connected to the Internet.
    Site Problem The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.
    What you can try: Etc. Etc. Etc.

None of these causes are applicible because no matter how I try to access the site (Google search, putting the www. address in the http: address bar etc) the same message appears.
    I know the problem is within my PC because I have my laptop beside me and it can access all my favourites without any difficulty. Please help. It's driving me nuts.

Fergus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭M@21

Apart from your "Favourites", can you browse the web at all, by typing in any address into the browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fogpatches

Hi

I can surf the web but I can't get get into some of the address listed in my "favourites".

Take for example one site: Mudcat Cafe which has been listed in "favourites" for years. Since my friend was on my PC I cannot get into this site from my PC no matter what I try. "favourite" won't do it, searching using Google and then clicking on it won't do it. I even used my laptop to email the address as a link to my gmail account, I then opened the email in my PC and clicked on the link but I still get that message. Yet I have no difficulty accessing the same site on my laptop.

I'm flummoxed

Fergus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Not sure what version of IE you have, details below are for IE7 but go to Tools, then Internet Option

Check on the Security tab for Restricted sites that may have been added.

Also check Parental Controls on the Content Tab.

Advertisement