Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINAL FANTASY 13!WISHES

Options
  • 12-03-2009 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Just ideas,hopes and wishes for what you would like to see in the latest installment of the legendary final fantasy?

I hope they keep the loot and mark systems from ff12 they were a nice touch i thought!!

Seeming that its set in a sky city it would be cool to have various airships you can buy and upgrade!!

And a combo of free roam and the the static fighting which im fairly certain is in it!!

And i think i read and saw that summons can now be used outside of battle...shiva=motorbike!!amazing!!

Many other things i could say but i wanna hear other peoples ideas!!
    so post him here!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just hope it doesnt suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

fair enough haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The game might be good but it won't be Final Fantasy like previous games. Getting a bit sick of the ladyboy characters as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ìsnt the main character a chick?

yep well one of the main characters anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Crowcifer

heheh, hope it's as addictive as X

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

A storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

random battles again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If its anything like 12 i wont be getting it, part 12 was a ****in disgrace tbh :(

Crowcifer wrote: »
    heheh, hope it's as addictive as X
    God ya that was one addicting one alright!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

story!!!story!!!a great good fantasy epic story!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I'm hoping that the story will be great and that the battle system is like an improved version of the FFX battle system.

To answer some of your wishes:

There will be no random battles.
    The main characters are Lightning (A woman who looks like she could be Clouds sister) and Snow (A tall stocky man with facial hair.)
    At present the game appears to have more realistic looking characters and thus there are no anime/'ladyboy' characters, but that has never impacted on my enjoyment of the game that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

GothPunk wrote: »
    To answer some of your wishes:

There will be no random battles.
    The main characters are Lightning (A woman who looks like she could be Clouds sister) and Snow (A tall stocky man with facial hair.)
    At present the game appears to have more realistic looking characters and thus there are no anime/'ladyboy' characters, but that has never impacted on my enjoyment of the game that's for sure.

Source?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Source?
    Seriously? I'm surprised everyone doesn't know this already. This stuff has been known for ages. Just try one of the many FFXIII fansites or NeoGAF.

My copy of the FFXIII demo was shipped yesterday so I'll be posting impressions of it next week when it arrives. (I'll add impressions of Advent Children Complete as well if anyone wants me to).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supadude

it will be good i know it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GothPunk wrote: »
    (I'll add impressions of Advent Children Complete as well if anyone wants me to).

Don't bother, we all know a turd in HD is still a turd :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh, I left myself wide open for that one, didn't I? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Proper English voice acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Retr0gamer wrote: »

You're wrong.
    In HD you get to see the steam rising from it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

You're wrong.
    In HD you get to see the steam rising from it
    I like, I like:) 5 stars for you:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ok, I've been giving this a lot of though, as I'm currently back playing ffxii (360 is in RRoD land)

1. Predefined roles for characters. IX is my favourite Final Fantasy. Vivi was a black mage, he was never gonna be the melee damage dealer. It bothered me to no end in X that the delicate Yuna (story-wise) ended up doing more damage than Auron (yes I led her down that path, I know). Attack: 99,999. It's jarring and takes from the story elements. I don't even mean jobs, I mean the systems in IV and IX, and to a lesser extent VI. You are what you are! All my characters in XII are Paladins. Great melee and great white magic! There's no incentive to diversify.
    2. Some form of card game like Triple Triad (Blitzball was not to my tastes)
    3. The hunts from XII... Say what you want about the game (retr0, I'm looking at you) but I love the hunts and would love to see them return. They were very well done.
    4. A properly explorable over-world, like the PSX trilogy and before.
    5. Proper limit-breaks (overdrive, trance, whatever you prefer). Quickenings are horribly over-powered and badly implemented, bring back the system from VII, it's much better. VIII was ok, but overly abusable. IX, I didn't like how you would trance at inopportune moments.
    6. Proper summons (again, whatever handle you want to associate with them) The espers in XII were terrible... Aesthetically they were lovely, but otherwise were wholly useless. I prefer the VII-IX system of using them as an attack, X was less favourable, XII... just no!
    7. Character development (levelling, not plot) IX worked a treat, learned from the items you have equipped (I know, I'm biased towards IX). VIII was completely broken, but lots of fun because of it. Sphere grid wasn't bad, but end game was everyone was identical, which is no fun. Same story with the license grid: 6 x Paladin with a little green/arcane. Also liked VII.

That's all for now, more will come to me I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Crowcifer

I must admit I found the Sphere Grid levelling system in X to be addictive as sin. Got obsessed with having my fave three characters fill it out. Was handy for taking on the genetically engineered monsters in the arena.

I love the materia system in VII too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Materia ftw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Materia was a one of the worst and laziest systems I thought. There was no tought in it at all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I quite liked the Materia system. It wasn't overly deep or anything, but it was usable and satisfying. IX's system of learning abilities from equipment was brilliant. It gave an incentive to track down pretty much everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

In terms of character development, I'd like a mix of flexibility and defined "jobs" to match the character's personality/story.

Maybe if each character had an individual starting job that eventually had "branches" you could choose between, so get some choice in how to shape your team, but they would still seem to "fit" the characters. The system from IX could also be borrowed in some regard, with some of the more generic abilities being learned from weapons, or some weapons being restricted to certain classes (or groups of classes) that taught related abilities.

Stats, on the other hand, could maybe be handled by something similar to the X/XII grid systems if you want to leave it flexible, or maybe a system that boosted stats based on what abilities each character uses in battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Some serious character development put into the protagonist...Vaan sucked donkey balls!

carbonkid wrote: »
    Some serious character development put into the protagonist...Vaan sucked donkey balls!

yeah he did Basch was my favourite from 12

they should leave hunts from 12 in they were cool!
    sphere grid and blitzball from 10 were nice
    that learning a abilities from items in 9 is cool too!

and i like the fact that your fully healed after every battle and no random battles!makes the game more fluid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

random battles again,good story that drags you in from the start,characters you care about and good character development and most importantly for me anyway,a real devious bad guy that looks cool,I dont ask for much :-P:pac:

• Advertisement

Screw the looking cool bit. We had that with Sephiroth but he was as shallow as a paddling pool and I wish my lawn was as emo as he wasn because it would cut itself.

Give us a nasty bastard like Kefka or Suikoden 2's luca blight. Failing that give us an interesting one like the main judge in FFXII or the Suikoden bad guys.

Advertisement