Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINAL FANTASY 13!WISHES

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Screw the looking cool bit. We had that with Sephiroth but he was as shallow as a paddling pool and I wish my lawn was as emo as he wasn because it would cut itself.

Give us a nasty bastard like Kefka or Suikoden 2's luca blight. Failing that give us an interesting one like the main judge in FFXII or the Suikoden bad guys.

Never miss an opportunity to bash VII do you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He's just the best example of a terrible bad guy that has nothing but good character art going for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He's just the best example of a terrible bad guy that has nothing but good character art going for him.

At least he had good character art - what the fcuk was that guy in 9 all about!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I always thought that he was meant to be this detached soldier driven nuts, by the discovery that he was an experiment?
    Kinda did it for me, in that he was such a cold calculating insane bastard, who no amount of reasoning with would help

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always thought that he was meant to be this detached soldier driven nuts, by the discovery that he was an experiment?
    Kinda did it for me, in that he was such a cold calculating insane bastard, who no amount of reasoning with would help

He kind of became a cold bastard and decided to destroy the world a bit too quickly. Poor character development I thought. Kefka did the insane soldier much better and realistically. Nothing beats Luca Blight for insane and character development though.

Kuja was a bit weak in FFIX. Still storytelling was never meant to be it's strong point. It was just a damn fun damn that looked gorgeous and was a great homage to the games of old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

He kind of became a cold bastard and decided to destroy the world a bit too quickly. Poor character development I thought. Kefka did the insane soldier much better and realistically. Nothing beats Luca Blight for insane and character development though.

Kuja was a bit weak in FFIX. Still storytelling was never meant to be it's strong point. It was just a damn fun damn that looked gorgeous and was a great homage to the games of old.

I really need to get a 3rd disc for IX!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

I want a ridiculous story that is so bad that will make me laugh. A so bad that it will be good, if ya get me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

now seymour theres an evil b*****d! ha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Crowcifer wrote: »
    I must admit I found the Sphere Grid levelling system in X to be addictive as sin.
    Pun intended? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Earthday

A good battle system with good limit-breaks, unlike ff12 that me feel like i was playing a mmo rpg by myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Yunalesca

I'd like to see ATB back. I actually heard they're doing two versions of it now, one for the Xbox with ATB and one similar to FF12 for the PS3.

As for the rest of it, I'd like some moogles and some actual character development as opposed to FF12's almost interesting but actually quite bland characters! I'd like to see the side games like cards or coins back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Crowcifer

Kiith wrote: »
    Pun intended? :p

Hahahah! God no. Probably sub-conscious...

Yunalesca wrote: »
    I'd like to see ATB back. I actually heard they're doing two versions of it now, one for the Xbox with ATB and one similar to FF12 for the PS3.

The game is coming to 360 and PS3 with a new battle system which is very similar to ATB. The PS3 is getting an exclusive game called FFXIII versus which will be more like Kingdom Hearts, looks nothing like FFXIII and in my opinion looks crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

How do you think it happened too quickly? After throwing his hissy fit in nibelheim after finding out he was geneticly created and Cloud subsequentially knocking him into the life stream. It took him years to get around to summoning Meteor.

Also dont confuse Jenova with Sephiroth, alot of people fail to see that the Sephiroth your chasing throughout the game is actually Jenova in the form of Sephiroth.

Seph got knocked into the life stream and remained there until he was given the black materia.

We don't even get to see Sephiroth talk much in the game, only in the flashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The game is coming to 360 and PS3 with a new battle system which is very similar to ATB. The PS3 is getting an exclusive game called FFXIII versus which will be more like Kingdom Hearts, looks nothing like FFXIII and in my opinion looks crap.

Has any gameplay been released of that yet?

Nope but it's been said by the development team that it's going to be very like kingdom hearts and so happens to be the same development team.

And yes it's more Jenova than sephiroth, which shows sephiroth to be even more of a pussy and a puppet.

Still not a great bad guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

And yes it's more Jenova than sephiroth, which shows sephiroth to be even more of a pussy and a puppet.

No your mistaken yet again, Sephiroth is in no way controlled by Jenova.

As his blood was fused with Jenova in the fetal stages he became a perfect creation, which is what made him so powerful. Cloud and Zack were injected in adult stages which made them stronger but also messed up their minds.

All of the other doods in the game in the black cloaks are clones of Sephiroth, but also manipulated by Jenova.

I understand you think Sephiroth is an over-rated bad guy, i do too. But hes still a pretty kickass bad guy none the less.

My opinion on Kefka isnt too highly, but i cant give a proper opinion as i never played FFV all the way through. I started playing it too late and i just couldnt enjoy it as a result of the poor graphics.

Oh no we have derailed this thread ><

Ummm back on topic

I hope 13 is more like 10 and not 12, and bring back the world map !!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

nix wrote: »
    No your mistaken yet again, Sephiroth is in no way controlled by Jenova.

As his blood was fused with Jenova in the fetal stages he became a perfect creation, which is what made him so powerful. Cloud and Zack were injected in adult stages which made them stronger but also messed up their minds.

All of the other doods in the game in the black cloaks are clones of Sephiroth, but also manipulated by Jenova.

I understand you think Sephiroth is an over-rated bad guy, i do too. But hes still a pretty kickass bad guy none the less.

My opinion on Kefka isnt too highly, but i cant give a proper opinion as i never played FFV all the way through. I started playing it too late and i just couldnt enjoy it as a result of the poor graphics.

Oh no we have derailed this thread ><

Ummm back on topic

I hope 13 is more like 10 and not 12, and bring back the world map !!!! :D

Although I don't rate Kefka too highly I did persevere with the cack graphics. 2nd half of FF6 is really cool becasue of its open-ended nature. Some of the locations are very good too.

I would love to leave some sort of "definitive" FF7 story.

Advertisement