Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap pint in Ennis

• 12-03-2009 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I usually go out to a pub to watch the rugby matches, the problem is paying €4.40 for a pint of Heineken. Now, I know I can get Fosters for as low as €3.20, but I am partial to Heinekin. Where is the cheapest pint in Ennis, and where is the best place to go to watch a match (Charlies Stewarts has a projector, so I normally go there)?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

3.40 for a pint of Fosters in Fawelles/Brogans/Brandons.. And Brandons is generally good for rugby matches, they also have a projector

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

Can't quote you a price but I reckon that Baron McQ's or Lucas' would be good spots to watch rugby...mostly because a lot of the Ennis Rugby Club boys drink/used to drink there. Sorry for this completely unhelpful reply! In fact, it was probably a waste of everyones time. I am sorry.

Besides, I pay €5.90 for a pint in the big smoke...DO NOT COMPLAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

What's the outright cheapest pint in Ennis if you forget about the TV setup? I think the cheapest Guinness might by the bar at the corner of Carmody St. and Drumbiggle Road. Kennys is it? The one with the attached shop. It's a small bit old man for me.

Kellys a few doors down on Carmody St. I definitely remember being cheapish.

There's a bar in Tralee doing 3euro guinness. And The Brog in Cork does 2.80euro pints before 7pm. I'm hoping somewhere in Ennis introduces something other than Fosters around the 3 euro mark and I'd pop in for an afternoon pint.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd say Lava Kenny's is the cheapest, the Usual Place is normally cheap enough as well, I couldn't tell you the price of a pint though, I usually just hand over the money and rarely check my change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

No clear answer then, will have to carry out a survey/pub crawl then :D, will report back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

fosters is only available in a handfull of pubs in ennis. 5 or 6 i think

Kinda related to this thread so didnt see any point starting a new one. What about this saturday? Any pubs doing deals on pints for the match? Sick of paying €4.50 for a pint of lager :mad: so any deal will get my business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's illegal for pubs to do cut price drinking for a certain part of the day/night, so you'll just have to pay whatever the going rate is for a pint

Clareman wrote: »
    It's illegal for pubs to do cut price drinking for a certain part of the day/night, so you'll just have to pay whatever the going rate is for a pint

Hmmm, thats a shame, I suppose the alternative is to just find the cheapest pint in Ennis then :D

Cheapest pint in town is Lava (sp.) Kenny's, always has been, always will, I don't think he's a member of the Vintners either so he isn't tied to their pricing model. Besides there you could try a couple of the clubs around, the Rugby club always had a nice cheap pint, Golf Club same, I've never been to Eire Og, I've heard there's a Club across from the Tech but I've never noticed it.

Besides the "new" pubs in town, you could always try Ganga's down Parnell Street, Copper Jug by the Courthouse, Usual Place in the market, I think they were always cheap enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'm pleased to report that most pubs in town are now doing a €4 euro pint of Guinness. Alot of them were €4.20 or more a few months ago. If I can get 5 pints for 20 quid I'm pretty happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Clareman wrote: »
    I'd say Lava Kenny's is the cheapest, the Usual Place is normally cheap enough as well, I couldn't tell you the price of a pint though, I usually just hand over the money and rarely check my change
    3.90 for a pint of Guinness in the usual place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

got a pint in May kearneys last night for €3 ..in fact they were doing ALL drinks for €3..didnt know that before I went in might I add.

ALL drinks were €3 including minerals/mixers...not the best idea in my opinion!!

not sure if there was happy hour or something like that ..

CHEAP PINT ---YES

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭missbaker

That was cheap booze in kearneys so! How can they do that? legally??
    Where's everyone going to watch match tomorrow??
    MUNSTER!!!! :D

They can charge whatever they want for the drink, they just can't do "drink promotions" like happy hours and stuff, did you not know that binge drinking is the ruination of the country

Ah, thats good news, I must take a wander around the town this evening with my clip board and take down all the prices :-), maybe someone will reduce their prices tommorrow!!

romah wrote: »
    got a pint in May kearneys last night for €3

Where's this place? Not familiar with it.

omahaid wrote: »
    Where's this place? Not familiar with it.

Go over club bridge and turn right. head in direction of courthouse and you'll spot in o left hand side

Ah, thats good news, I must take a wander around the town this evening with my clip board and take down all the prices :-), maybe someone will reduce their prices tommorrow!!

Off u go with clipboard now!! Be sure to let us all know!!!
    Bring an umbrella. .it looks loke rain!!:D

missbaker wrote: »
    Off u go with clipboard now!! Be sure to let us all know!!!
    Bring an umbrella. .it looks loke rain!!:D

Well, I'll probably have to sample a pint in each pub as well so I have a suspicion that my handwriting will become unreadable after the first 5 or 6 pubs :p

• Advertisement

Well, I'll probably have to sample a pint in each pub as well so I have a suspicion that my handwriting will become unreadable after the first 5 or 6 pubs :p

That has to be done too! Make sure you're paying for a quality product!!
    And the queens is reopening tonight too!! I saw somewhee they are doing an offer for bottle of vodka, 8 or 12 mixers, 4 entry tickets and seating in the vip section - all for the bargain price of €100!!

I think Kearneys do €3 pints all week now and Pockets do it on a Thursday

3 pints of Carlsburg and a pack of tayto = €10

sweet

A euro for a bag of tayto, I'm getting old

exiot wrote: »
    I think Kearneys do €3 pints all week now and Pockets do it on a Thursday

3 pints of Carlsburg and a pack of tayto = €10

sweet

Took a stroll past there about an hour ago. These special offers, they're only night time? Just thinking of the match tomorrow...

Dont know if they are only night time but it was nearly closing time when I was in there

Advertisement