Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

im SPANISH girl going to WEXFORD

Options
  • 12-03-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi everyone.
    i´m a spanish girl who wants to live in wexford for a few months.
    i would like to improve my english and meet new people.
    here in Spain i can´t achive much information about wexford and i would like to know more about living there:

ENGLISH CLASSES. (i know about english courses in a castle but a i would like something cheaper)

what to do?

what to see?

how about the weather?

applying for a job: i´ve heard about it is a touristic place, (and i know the actual irish fact and i think it is not worst than spanish) and maybe it could be work at hotels or restaurants.

but the preference main is to TALK ENGLISH, and everybody said to me 'irish are great', so i think so.
    i´m sorry about my english, i've write this the best.
    thanks for helping me.
    greetings
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NedNew

Te recomiendo mirar a este sitio http://www.discoverireland.com/es/

Hay muchas playas pero no esperes sol y un clima hermoso durante el verano!!

Igualmente podes buscar 'Wexford' y turismo en un sitio de busqueda, hay mucha informacion alla. Si queres saber algo especifico dejame saber por favor. Soy irlandes y de la region.

Saludos!!

NedNew wrote: »

Igualmente podes buscar 'Wexford' y turismo en un sitio de busqueda, hay mucha informacion alla. Si queres saber algo especifico dejame saber por favor. Soy irlandes y de la region.

Saludos!!

I recommend that look a site called http://www.discoverireland.com/es/.

There are many beaches but don't expect the sun and a nice climate during the summer!

Alternatviely, you could search for 'Wexford' and tourism in a search engine, there would be much information there. If you want to know anything in particular message me please. I am Irish and from the area.

Puedo hablar Espaniol tambien! The above advice is good, though there finding work may be difficult due to the current recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 isotopo12

hola,
    gracias por tu post, espero que no te importe que te escriba en español (puedo expresar mejor las cosas que en inglés) ;)
    somos dos chicas que nos queremos ir a partir de abril una temporada a wexford y nuestra idea era tomar clases para mejorar nuestro inglés, todo lo que he visto con respecto a cursos es bastante caro ya que la mayoría de los cursos se imparten en un castillo. me gustaría saber si hay otro tipo de cursos que sean más baratos que 200€ a la semana. porque otra posibilidad es algún profesor particular que nos de clases a las dos, porque la idea es practicar ya que tenemos un inglés medio. y lo que más necesitamos es hablar.
    también preguntaba sobre la posibilidad de encontrar algo de trabajo en hostelería o algo parecido, en tiendas. no sé muy bien como estará allí. toda la información que tengo es sobre Dublin o el país en general pero a lo mejor como Wexford es un sitio turístico (i think so), pues algo para sacar un poco de dinero extra.
    he mirado un poco las actividades que hay playas y barcos. y nuestra idea es conocer gente nueva y si se puede ir a la playa de vez en cuando. (somos españolas del norte, concretamente Asturias, y sabemos lo que es el mal tiempo en la playa ;).
    yo tengo un bonito recuerdo de la vieja Irlanda, aunque ya pasaron muchos años, estuve un verano en Bray con una familia irlandesa; y creo que en general Irlanda es buen sitio para encontrar gente amable y estupenda.
    nada más, gracias de nuevo por tu post y por tu tiempo. si prefieres que traduzca este post házmelo saber.
    un saludo.
    maría iglesias
    NedNew wrote: »

Saludos!!

Please, the language of this board is english.

isotopo12 wrote: »
    hola,
    gracias por tu post, espero que no te importe que te escriba en español (puedo expresar mejor las cosas que en inglés) ;)
    somos dos chicas que nos queremos ir a partir de abril una temporada a wexford y nuestra idea era tomar clases para mejorar nuestro inglés, todo lo que he visto con respecto a cursos es bastante caro ya que la mayoría de los cursos se imparten en un castillo. me gustaría saber si hay otro tipo de cursos que sean más baratos que 200€ a la semana. porque otra posibilidad es algún profesor particular que nos de clases a las dos, porque la idea es practicar ya que tenemos un inglés medio. y lo que más necesitamos es hablar.
    también preguntaba sobre la posibilidad de encontrar algo de trabajo en hostelería o algo parecido, en tiendas. no sé muy bien como estará allí. toda la información que tengo es sobre Dublin o el país en general pero a lo mejor como Wexford es un sitio turístico (i think so), pues algo para sacar un poco de dinero extra.
    he mirado un poco las actividades que hay playas y barcos. y nuestra idea es conocer gente nueva y si se puede ir a la playa de vez en cuando. (somos españolas del norte, concretamente Asturias, y sabemos lo que es el mal tiempo en la playa ;).
    yo tengo un bonito recuerdo de la vieja Irlanda, aunque ya pasaron muchos años, estuve un verano en Bray con una familia irlandesa; y creo que en general Irlanda es buen sitio para encontrar gente amable y estupenda.
    nada más, gracias de nuevo por tu post y por tu tiempo. si prefieres que traduzca este post házmelo saber.
    un saludo.
    maría iglesias
    Thanks for your post, I hope that you don't mind writing in Spanish (I can express myself better in it then in English) ;)
    We are two girls who want to go abroad during April and our idea was to take classes to improve our English, however all of the classes that we have seen have been too expensive and most of these classes take place in a castle [I think I know the place you mean, it is expensive]. I would like to know if there are other types of course that are cheaper then €200 per week. Another possibility is to find some teacher who will give classes to us both because the idea is to practice as we have 'medium' english. and we want to be forced to speak.
    I also would like to ask about the possibility of finding some work in a hostl or somewhere similar like a shop. I do not know what it will be like over there [in Wexford]. All of the information that I have is for Dublin or the country in general. I don't know much apart from the fact that Wexford is a tourist area and I would like to do something to get a little extra money.
    I have looked a litte at the activites and there are beaches and boats. Our idea is to meet new people and go to the beach from time to time. (we are from Northern Spain, from Asturias and we know how it is to have a bad time at the beach ;).
    I have a very pretty memory of travelling to Ireland, although it was many years ago, I was in Bray with a family for the summer; and I believe that in general Ireland is a great place to meet nice people.
    Nothing else, thanks for your post and your time. If you want to translate the post, let me know.

Maria

My translation may not be that precise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 isotopo12

We are two girls who want to go abroad during April and our idea was to take classes to improve our English, however all of the classes that we have seen have been too expensive and most of these classes take place in a castle [I think I know the place you mean, it is expensive]. I would like to know if there are other types of course that are cheaper then €200 per week. Another possibility is to find some teacher who will give classes to us both because the idea is to practice as we have 'medium' english. and we want to be forced to speak.
    I also would like to ask about the possibility of finding some work in a hostl or somewhere similar like a shop. I do not know what it will be like over there [in Wexford]. All of the information that I have is for Dublin or the country in general. I don't know much apart from the fact that Wexford is a tourist area and I would like to do something to get a little extra money.
    I have looked a litte at the activites and there are beaches and boats. Our idea is to meet new people and go to the beach from time to time. (we are from Northern Spain, from Asturias and we know how it is to have a bad time at the beach .
    I have a very pretty memory of travelling to Ireland, although it was many years ago, I was in Bray with a family for the summer; and I believe that in general Ireland is a great place to meet nice people.
    Nothing else, thanks for your post and your time.

Maria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭diarmuidh

hi chicas
    you have to remember that Ireland is not Spain..wages are much higher than Spain thus costs etc are much higher..I doubt you would get a course for under 200€ a week.

soy de Wexford pero vivo en Madrid si tienes preguntas mandame un mensaje privado

Im from Wexford living in Madrid so I can you an idea on what to expect and what you wont see!!

un saludo

cheers
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mssl

Hey hows things?

Im a certified TEFL teacher living in Wexford. Im learning Spanish at the moment. If you are in Wexford and interested in lesson exchanges, let me know.

Chao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

isotopo12 wrote: »
    hola,
    un saludo.
    maría iglesias
    That's what I was just about to say

• Advertisement
Advertisement