Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a new iphone on the way???????

Options
  • 12-03-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Im thinking of getting the iphone 3g on o2. I was wondering if there is a new one due possibly with mms.

Dont want to get stuck on 18 month contract if there is a new one due.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

jod1983 wrote: »
    Im thinking of getting the iphone 3g on o2. I was wondering if there is a new one due possibly with mms.

I've just ordered a 3G iphone. There's an MMS application for it anyway. If you keep worrying about new models coming out these days you'd never have what you wanted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Yes guaranteed, not till summer though
    But you'll have to wait for it to come to Ireland and then there'll be another 12 months later again anway

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

fair point.

my head is wrecked at the moment on what type of phone to get. currently on meteor but want to move to a more modern network. have used the bb storm in a vodafone shop and hated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

fair point.

my head is wrecked at the moment on what type of phone to get. currently on meteor but want to move to a more modern network. have used the bb storm in a vodafone shop and hated it.

Yeah it's a bit crap alright. I've an N96 at the moment which I love but getting an iphone as my ipod go nicked so thought, why not?! I wouldn't pay what O2 are asking though, unless you want to sign into a contract with them. 549e I think on prepaid. Yeah mate! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

what is o2 3g coverage like,as i said im currently with meteor and the 3g coverage is limited to 2 cities(dublin cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,201 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

my head is wrecked at the moment on what type of phone to get

you can't go wrong with an e71, ok it's not made by apple and when you touch the screen nothing happens, but crikey it's one hell of a phone...there's not much it won't do, battery life is amazing...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I would say the Summer as well. All those people who queued up 2 years ago for the original iphone will be reaching the end of their contracts so Apple will be looking to tie them in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,201 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

what is o2 3g coverage like,as i said im currently with meteor and the 3g coverage is limited to 2 cities(dublin cork)

where will you be using the phone mostly....

about 25 miles from cork city and 20 from killarney,but will be on the move alot as well though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

im mad for having new phones, had the first gen iphone for a year, never hsd a phone longer then 6 months ever before thst so decided it was time for an upgrade was gonna get a 3g iphone but i know they just bring a newer one out in june so got an omnia instead and id be sick. hsdpa 7mb,radio,5mp flash cam and removable storage, cant go wrong. obviously the system aint as easy to pick up as iphone but its customisable and grand when u use it for a while. so happy with it now. glad i disnt fo for 3g iphone now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Im in the exact same boat my girlfriend knows i want one and is planning on getting it for birthday but im pretty sure the very second i buy one there going to announce a new one and that 570 up the swanny and it wouldn't be fair on my girlfreind when im bitching about the new iphone and shes thinking what an ungrateful $%*t :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

engadget mobile seem certain that one will be announced in June and then released in July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Got my 3G iPhone at launch - upgraded from a Samsung U600 what a piece of s*it that was! Anyway I seem to recall there was some kind of upgrade deal for iPhone 2g owners at that time. Can't remember the details but I'm sure if you trawl through the iPhone forum on the O2 site you'll be able to find more info. In fact I might check/post there myself to see if they're planning anything similar for the new iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think they had some sort of upgrade deal for customers on a contract, but I'm not sure such a thing existed for pre-pay customers. I was recently looking at this myself as I've flipped back and forth recently about getting an iPhone.

I just remembered my car insurance is up in June though so I'm going to hold off a bit. Even though I really want an iPhone and moved back to pre-pay on Vodafone so I could port. Still hate the thoughts of being on O2 though. I don't know why.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

digitaldr wrote: »
    Got my 3G iPhone at launch - upgraded from a Samsung U600 what a piece of s*it that was! Anyway I seem to recall there was some kind of upgrade deal for iPhone 2g owners at that time. Can't remember the details but I'm sure if you trawl through the iPhone forum on the O2 site you'll be able to find more info. In fact I might check/post there myself to see if they're planning anything similar for the new iPhone.

They are saying that was because there was such a short time from when they offered the 2G on O2 and when the 3G came out. They have said there will be no such offer this time.

Advertisement