Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get great prints?

• 12-03-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I used to go to jessopps to get my film developed as I really liked their prints. They have since closed down and I got a nice new 40D :D

Question: Where would you recommend to get great quality prints? Cost isnt a major issue as I will only be printing a select few, rest will go up on flickr.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

For standard print jobs, I find Harvey Norman in Airside, Swords to be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i can help you with prints

i do prints for a good few people here

also printed most of the images for the boards exhibition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

stcstc wrote: »

Highly recommended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Highly recommended!

+1 i'v heard steves prints are really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Thanks stcstc. I have you book marked. For my average printing, thats a tad above what I can pay, but Im looking to get a select few of my shots printed to frame for around the house. Ill sure be in touch for them. Thanks.

City exile - I got a voucher for 50 free prints in Harvey Norman when I bought my camera there 'as I was waiting so long'. I think its cos I spent 1200 on a camera lol! Theyre only 6x4 though. When printing I like minimum 7x5, glossy with borders. Its just how I like it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

stcstc wrote: »

Yep ... I searched long and hard for someone to handle my prints and all my searches stopped with Steve ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I get all my prints from Aldi photo? Have not had any complaints yet, usually arrive within 5 working days and they do great canvass prints as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

+1 for steve but in fairness its probably more for things that are a bit special - AFAIK it's not the 200 6X4's trade that his market is geared towards.

I've used Harvey Norman's in Blanchardstown with mixed results - sometimes woeful and sometimes great. Been good the last couple of times. I like how they print while you wait.

The last ones that I was consistently happy with (volume market) was the photo store in blanchardstown (upper level) but it isn't there any more. Why I mention them is that they used Agfa printing machines which I understand either Conns or Gunns also use (somebody can correct me there) - i haven't used them though and have no idea of price. I've been meaning to try them to see if I like what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

anyone else tried Aldi Photo Service? I'm just wondering how they compare to Snapfish (HP), Spectra etc in terms of quality, price etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    anyone else tried Aldi Photo Service? I'm just wondering how they compare to Snapfish (HP), Spectra etc in terms of quality, price etc.

I use Aldi all the time, 9c a photo, €1.50 for the postage usually arrive within 5 days I like them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I use Aldi all the time, 9c a photo, €1.50 for the postage usually arrive within 5 days I like them
    How about the quality of the prints and paper? Have your ordered prints larger than 4x6?

thanks.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Another one here for Steve, did a great job on the Boards photos. For something more ordinary you might want to try One Stop Print in Charlestown S.C. Finglas they do nice stuff as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

And again for Steve, I use Steve for all my large prints and get an average of a canvas a week from him for my shop, I haven't received one word of complaint, in fact most of my customers are extremely impressed by the high standard in comparison to the old supplier sample.

Every few months I have my own pictures printed and I use pixmania for them, I love the quality, only last night I was showing some sample shots to a couple from pixmania and they continuously commented on the quality.

So Steve for the big jobs and pixmania for the small ones, havent gone wrong yet.

el diablo wrote: »
    How about the quality of the prints and paper? Have your ordered prints larger than 4x6?

thanks.

I think they use kodak paper but it seems high quality to me, I got A4 size prints of some of my wedding photos and I was happy with them, they come packaged well so not damaged either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 grainne.obrien

I use spectra photo on line. Normally deliveried within 3 business days. Been happy out with them and have spoken to the people in the lab who were very friendly and helpful with my questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SiDay

Hi

I also do prints, prints onto canvas etc. including laminating, stretching and framing.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

I've used Updone.com for a few canvas prints with good results.

Advertisement