Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMS style tool for people to add content

Options
  • 12-03-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm looking to make my second webpage, it will be content driven. But the content will be added by site users. Once registered a user will add content that is visible to everyone. With some images too. My idea is to have say a page called "work" were the user then adds content to a subsection, say "job->type->roll" and then the content has to be reviewed before it is seen by everyone. But dont worry, it wont be a jobs website, just using it as an example. If it's an open source tool, all the better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Any of the big open source CMSs should be able to do this. Allow new users to self register and assign them rights to create and publish new content. Be prepared for a lot of spam content and hack attacks if the site gets popular. Giving unknown users the right to upload image files would be a poor security policy, and you'd need to make sure that text input was sanitised before hitting the database to prevent attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Thanks Squibs, I was going to do it in a way that would require an admin to auth the posting. Would a linux host be best for this? Got any names of CMS tools I can look into?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a look at Joomla, it lets you have registered users with different levels of admin rights and areas of content they can edit or cant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 itexpert

There is one very good software called snippetmaster, lite version is free and very simple to integrate, comes with self installer.

shoot a pm if you need more info..

Advertisement