Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where the feck are all these flies coming from!!

Options
  • 12-03-2009 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed this and what the **** is going on!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Because the days are getting warmer. Be glad you are not in the countryside!!! The Midges are killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

They sprayed some stuff on the dump to kill some flies but they were smarter and decided they didnt want to die so now they are all over douglas and surrounding areas.... The council said they'll be spraying some crap soon to get rid of them but according to a rep on 96fm "it could be 'late summer' before they're gone"... No shi+...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I heard on the news that it's due to some work being done on the dump

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

weird , while reading this a fly just appeared and I'm trying to kill it now .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

AHHHHHHHHHHH i thought i was the only one...well me and my estate... Im gladto hear there are others sharing my grief!!!! FECKING COUNCIL!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

You can borrow my cat if you like.he loves flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

that's mad, when i was in work this evening a fly kept landing on my monitor.. thought it was very odd alright. The dump ye say ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

ya its pretty nasty, esp when you have white surfaces in work and you come in first thing in the morning to the place covered in fly poop

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭haven27

It used to be like that every year, grew up in one of the estates that is right near the dump and the flies were unreal all summer, total nightmare we even had to use flypaper there was that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Does anyone remember that time there were flying ants all over the city? Especially around emmet place, the floor was slippy with ant corpses!. Good times.

Flies are fairly gross though, especially dump flies, I'm not looking forward to seeing them. My condolences to those who have flies invading their homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I remember them flying ants! They are like an inch long! Freaks!
    The last few summers have been so crappy I can't remember when I saw them out last.

I was reading that the dump was beng turned and thousands of fly larvae were exposed or something. One lady near the dump actually counted over 300 flies in her living room. How she did that I don't know.

Supposedly, they will die off pretty fast cause it is much too early for them to be out.

Advertisement