Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo Wars Opinions

• 13-03-2009 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey all
    Just completed Halo Wars and wanted to get other opinions on the game play and story line.

I was a bit hesitant at first as to whether the control s would work but i must say its brilliant I can easily see Starcraft 2 being played on the Xbox 360.

As for the story line, its was ok but could have had more Spartan action haha. The AI was very entertaining.

One thing that bugged me was the maps seem terribly small.

Hopefully there will be another,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Really not one person here played the game or has any opinions what so ever?

Well when I get back to Dublin I ll be increases the difficulty level and away we go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i finished the game myself aswell.

have to agree with you about when i first taught about it i was like no keyboard or mouse wha!!!!!!!!
    I then relised all the games that need a keyboard and mouse were designed for a kb and mouse. This game was made excellent with the joypad. The Controls are very simple to get use to. Remember to Just adjust the sensitivity to suit your needs as sometimes it might be too fast or too slow.

all and all i taught it was a very good game and a good add-on to the halo franchise.

would be great if they made another one but with more interactivity down the long run. just seems that after the first 3-4 mission its the same after that with what weapons you have to use.

what i think would be good if the story line had 2 parts. one in which the story is the covenant side.

now that would be an interesting game if they made one.

i know you can play as the covenant on skirmish and multiplayer but a storyline for them would be great.

Halo wars: The Covenant Alliance

has a nice ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Didn't Ensemble Studios kick the bucket? Maybe I just imagined that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeh this is their last title

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've only played the demo as I was *very* sceptical about how it might work with a console controller (having played Red Alert 3 and seeing how much it didn't really work). Good news, I think it does work. Bad news, it's not going to be easy to micro your troops, but not impossible with the right trigger cycling through the selected lot.

I might see if I can pick it up on the cheap, it's not worth paying full whack IMO, but could be a fun distraction :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Bought it and didn't really find it too challangeing. I was expecting there to be a Covenant side to the campaign once you finshed it....or even a storyline where you controlled the Flood.

Probably best to rent it unless you're really interested in chasing the achievements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I've never been into rts's but thought this was excellant - the view is one item I'd have the biggest problem with, shoulda been able to zoom out more.

I ended up buying it the other day. There's a part of my brain that enjoys RTS skirmishes against several AI opponents as a nice way to relax (it's not about killing them, it's about killing them off quickly :)).

Just finished Act II last night on the campaign. It hasn't provided any significant challenges yet, but there's been a couple of levels where I didn't get gold and the Black Box/Skulls things.

But it's a grand wee game. Wouldn't mind launching into some co-op and multiplayer just to see what it's like - add me as a friend (details in my sig) if you're interested :)

*bump*

Finally got around to finishing this last night. It was a decent enough campaign, gonna try it again with the achievement's list beside me just to extend my e-penis :p

Knowing it's Ensemble's last thing though sucks, it's the sorta game that'd benefit greatly from periodic releases. The engine's there, gods damnit why can't it be a PC game which'd have a big modding community already :D

You should be able to select the Flood as a playable race though, that'd be great fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Played the demo, and thought it was alright. Would buy it if the game is fun. If its a challenge, i dont think i could be bothered dealing with the controls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement