Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference between these 2 Satnavs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

If the one with Assist has everything the other one has, then as the cheaper model it would make sense to go for that one... just a bit unsure...

Any ideas?
    TIA

The "Assist" is a special promotional pack
    Breakdown assistance Receive 12 months FREE breakdown assistance in Europe.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/section.php?ID=778&Section=648&Category=0&Lid=1

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I you haven't bought already, Garmin is a better product that TomTom. I have seen a TomTom in action and wasn't terribly impressed. I have a Garmin. It's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭BennytheBall

Thks for the advice.

What model Garmin would you recommend around the same price (130 euro? delivered) - and what specifically would you recommend about that model over the TomTomV4 Western Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Thks for the advice.

What model Garmin would you recommend around the same price (130 euro? delivered) - and what specifically would you recommend about that model over the TomTomV4 Western Europe.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 200. It's the entry level model, but it works just fine. Got it on sale at Halfords about 6 months ago for €130.

I don't like how the TomTom actually navigates. It seems to go all over the shop sometimes. I was driving from Galway to Westport one day and the Garmin brought me one route, which was fine. A friend of mine was also going from Westport but his TomTom brought him on a fairly circuitous route. I've seen TomToms do stuff like that a number of times. I just don't like TomToms, for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Thks for the advice.

also remember, Amazon do NOT ship electronics to ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement