Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So how many fans do yous think will be over to your lovely former home this weekend. Come see what we have done to the place. (feck all)
    And then go home happy in the knowledge yous still have the league to fight for:P

Looking forward to it, some bad memories of that place but should be good to go back. Reckon there'll probably around 1,000 Hoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Looking forward to it, some bad memories of that place but should be good to go back. Reckon there'll probably around 1,000 Hoops.

It will be nice to remind yourselves how far you s have come.

1,000 hoops would be great. Id say we might get between 800 to 1,000 ourselves (hopefully)

Should be our biggest crowd so far id say. We had a crowd of just over 1,400 for our shels game this season so hopefully this game will exceed that. Cant wait myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

We've been allocated 1500 tickets. They will sell out.
    A couple of differences since Rovers were last there: a new set of decent floodlights and a much improved pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

A couple of differences since Rovers were last there: a new set of decent floodlights and a much improved pitch.
    And a far better Rovers side :)

We have painted the steps as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lads any word on Bohs tickets? They sold out yet? On sale to public?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still only on sale to members and season ticket holders. Heard that they'll be on sale during half-time of the game with Bray next Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Still only on sale to members and season ticket holders. Heard that they'll be on sale during half-time of the game with Bray next Saturday.

Wats the craic horse box... another bad result for the northside degeneracy last night haha

I was in the bookies yesterday at 4pm and Jason Byrne (From Bohs) was in there losing his bollox ... and I do mean his bollox on horses and dogs... 3 hours before the kick off in a FAI Cup quarter finals HAHA no wonder they're doing shiite

They're players are losing interest lately they dont even know where their next pay cheque is comin from... Ole Jason must be counting on PaddyPower for his :P

Any confirmation of this? Could fly up at half time if that's the case !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If the game sells out, which I'm sure it will, Bohs should get the bare amount of tickets we're legally obliged to provide.

Any club would do the same.

Dave, I assume that tickets will be on sale inside the ground if they are for sale.

• Advertisement

Great game lads. Im sure yous are a little p#ssed off but you have to admit it was real end to end stuff at times. The two clubs could have done without the replay unfortunately. Whats the story about tickets for this game. Any chance of getting them on the night. Doubt it would sell out would it?

Doubt it would sell out would it?

Very much doubt it.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1003-cup-replay-tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Great game lads. Im sure yous are a little p#ssed off but you have to admit it was real end to end stuff at times. The two clubs could have done without the replay unfortunately. Whats the story about tickets for this game. Any chance of getting them on the night. Doubt it would sell out would it?

You'll easily get them on the night (most hoops will be doing the same thing TBF) theres a booth outside the ground that you'll be able to buy them from, cant see there being any 'special' security arrangements for this one either so i'd say it'll be the same spot for us all to get our tickets.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    You'll easily get them on the night (most hoops will be doing the same thing TBF) theres a booth outside the ground that you'll be able to buy them from, cant see there being any 'special' security arrangements for this one either so i'd say it'll be the same spot for us all to get our tickets.

So if I walk up in my Sporting Fingal hat, shirt and scarf to get my ticket Ill be treated with respect and dignity:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

So if I walk up in my Sporting Fingal hat, shirt and scarf to get my ticket Ill be treated with respect and dignity:D

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Other than the b*hs game supporters have mixed freely before each game in Tallaght with no bother, i'd fully expect this to be the same, so you'll get a ticket no bother, respect & dignity however is an entirely different matter :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just be careful that SDCC don't get a mob together for the fixture. :)

That said, as local authorities go, the Corpo probably have the tastiest firm.

A game both sides could've done without to tell the truth, hopefully Twigg can be rested for Saturday at home to Bray. Many going to this? Or have we got a crowd succoming to the lures of the CL group stages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'll be there tonight. It has the making of a great game. It could be close again. I think Rovers got a shock in the 2nd half on Saturday.

I guess I won't count though, since I won't be paying in.

We just have not turned up for any of the second halved against Derry, Dundalk, Pats and Fingal. Worrying signs that we had a lead at half time in all of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Paulw wrote: »
    I'll be there tonight. It has the making of a great game. It could be close again. I think Rovers got a shock in the 2nd half on Saturday.

I guess I won't count though, since I won't be paying in.

Are you a player or official? Are you on the agreed guest list? Are you an accredited member of the media and on the media list?

Are you a player or official? Are you on the agreed guest list? Are you an accredited member of the media and on the media list?
    He's climbing over the wall ! :D

Are you an accredited member of the media and on the media list?

Yes. I am.

I'm heading there tonight.

Just want the bleeding tie put to bed one or another at this stage.

stovelid wrote: »
    Just want the bleeding tie put to bed one or another at this stage.

At least that is one certainty from tonight - a result for someone. Extra time and penalties at the end, if there's no winner after the 90 mins.

I'm still hopeful that Fingal can do it. That could put a big damper on the Rovers season, and a good spur on for Fingal.

oops that wasnt supposed to happen was it.:D

Anyway. hard luck lads. good luck for the rest of the season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There's no describing how bad that is..

0-2 up, penalties, a reasonably strong side tested for 124 minutes (Bohs lost at FT), Bray go into Friday on the back of tonight and a win at Dalymount, a reasonably sizeable portion of a strong side playing rubbish, more missed penalties and to top it all, Sives suspended..

Alan Kirby has put Rovers out before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We were awful tonight. Fingal were better in all aspects. Anyone know what the sending off was all about? We just saw the ball being cleared and then the ref blew up and sent him off.

We were awful tonight. Fingal were better in all aspects. Anyone know what the sending off was all about? We just saw the ball being cleared and then the ref blew up and sent him off.

I missed that too, and was wondering what it was for.

I must say, that final Rovers penalty has to be one of the worst taken penalties I've seen in years.

After the final whistle -

3924648918_2651940cb8_m.jpg

• Advertisement

I think Winter (?) had a couple of times previously brought Rice/captain over to tell him Sives was on thin ice for repetitive fouling. The free-kick came in, ball dropped to him for Sives to hit, lazily(?) swung his leg at it and the defender nipped it away before him leaving Sives catching the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I must say, that final Rovers penalty has to be one of the worst taken penalties I've seen in years.

What was he thinking trying to place a peno in the top corner in the last minute of extra time?!

Just blast it in!

The last peno means that the curse is now officially back on too.

Seriously though, is that five missed (out of seven) at that end now? It's madness.

Seriously though, is that five missed (out of seven) at that end now? It's madness.

The penalty scored was at that end during the game though.

The penalty scored was at that end during the game though.

I know, aye. I meant that, if memory serves, of the last 7(6?) penalties taken at that end, only two have been converted, one of them being Bradley last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Popped over to the Tallaght Stadium tonight as I was on a 2 hour lunch in college and I must say it's cracking, haven't seen it since the work started back on it and it looks class, went into the shop aswell and robbed a few ideas to bring to the 2 lads who run our shop, love the Rovers umbro beanies and the magnets.;)

• Advertisement

Rovers-Bohs sold out.

Rovers-Bohs sold out.

:(

Anyone got 2 spares?

Dave! wrote: »

Anyone got 2 spares?
    How can you explain not getting a ticket for this? :O

Anyone got 2 spares?

Sorry Dave, I haven't. I'll let you know.

Bohs got 500 away tickets and the last 500 went on general sale in the shop yesterday. Think you could have picked up one at the Bray game last weekend too.

Apparently there are still people coming in trying to buy them.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    How can you explain not getting a ticket for this? :O
    I'm not a member or season ticket holder, and haven't been able to get tickets any other way... Did they even go on general sale?
    Sorry Dave, I haven't. I'll let you know.

Bohs got 500 away tickets and the last 500 went on general sale in the shop yesterday. Think you could have picked up one at the Bray game last weekend too.

Apparently there are still people coming in trying to buy them.

Dang... Was gonna drop into the shop a couple days ago as I was passing, but it was closed at the time.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dave you bandwagoner.

Local team Des, shurrup! :D

Don't worry, if Rovers don't win the league you won't see me posting here again ;)

IDang... Was gonna drop into the shop a couple days ago as I was passing, but it was closed at the time.

Cheers

For future reference:

Sunday and Monday: closed
    Tuesday-Friday 1-6pm
    Saturday 1-6pm

Open late match nights.

You should even ring in future and ask when/if tickets are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Had a ticket for the Rovers end, got one for the Bohs end today and got rid of the other one. No excuses for not getting a ticket tbh. Id say there'll be 1100 or so Bohs fans at it.

bohsman wrote: »
    Id say there'll be 1100 or so Bohs fans at it.

Not all of them will be able to open their mouths, I'd bet. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I used Pat Deans spare season ticket for the last one and was stuck sitting in Block B with a few rovers fans. Horrible way to watch a match.

I used Pat Deans spare season ticket for the last one and was stuck sitting in Block B with a few rovers fans. Horrible way to watch a match.

The traitor. :). I've done it myself. Sometimes it's just not worth the bother.

Can't win though: the Boez will try and sneak down to stand near the away end (although I think it will be a lot harder now with different colour tickets) and then they'll be much spunking off on fool.ie about any empty seats in the West Stand as evidence of Walter Mitty attendance reports.

I'm not a member or season ticket holder, and haven't been able to get tickets any other way... Did they even go on general sale?

They're usually on sale at half-time of the home game before the Bohs game.:)

Had a ticket for the Rovers end, got one for the Bohs end today and got rid of the other one. No excuses for not getting a ticket tbh. Id say there'll be 1100 or so Bohs fans at it.

1100? No Chance

• Advertisement
Advertisement