Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Voltwad wrote: »
    1100? No Chance

I'd guess about 700 plus. The 500 allocation and then whatever they bought in the last day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

570 allocation, the last day or 2 and a fair few from Rovers members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Bohs fans who don't have orange tickets will not be allowed in. Do you even get near 1100 at your home games?

Bohs fans who don't have orange tickets will not be allowed in. Do you even get near 1100 at your home games?

Fortunately Bohs fans dont have to wear yellow stars, and yes we get significantly more than 1100 at home games, when youre selling out landsdowne on a weekly basis- with those buying tickets actually turning up you can brag about attendances.

We've no need to brag, we're complimented on it on a regular basis. A League of Ireland game sold out 8 days before it's due to be played. That's down to Rovers more than it is Bohs

To be honest, most of us would do the same although it'd be horrible having to keep schtum.

To their credit, the cub made sure that there was more than enough opportunity for non-members/season ticket holder Hoops to get sorted, whether through members and ST holders or on general sale.

Only thing I regret is that I reckon we'd have sold more and would also have had a fair few people dropping by on the night, as has been the case at a lot of matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How can they determine if you're a Bohs fan? If you were wearing a jersey doesn't mean you're a fan.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

bohsman wrote: »
    Fortunately Bohs fans dont have to wear yellow stars, and yes we get significantly more than 1100 at home games

In fairness the turnstile people aren't going to be interviewing fans on their way in as to which team they are supporting. To say Bohs fans wont be let in is a bit of a joke, unless of course your dressed head to toe in red and black.

Also, significantly more than 1100? Last game I saw on mns the estimate they gave was 700!!!

For a laugh, all supporters with a home ticket should be made to sing a Rovers song - recorded on CCTV - before entry.

• Advertisement

It wont be anywhere near 1100 bohs fans, we all know they can't count after their 65% farce :)

iregk wrote: »
    In fairness the turnstile people aren't going to be interviewing fans on their way in as to which team they are supporting. To say Bohs fans wont be let in is a bit of a joke, unless of course your dressed head to toe in red and black.

Also, significantly more than 1100? Last game I saw on mns the estimate they gave was 700!!!

As bad as fool.ie is, the attendance thread is well run and while Id say Bohs are overestimated by up to 20% the average is still over 2k http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1236567&postcount=1574

bohsman wrote: »
    As bad as fool.ie is, the attendance thread is well run and while Id say Bohs are overestimated by up to 20% the average is still over 2k

foot.ie is a shocking site by any standards. While I've absolutely no official backup to my claims the times I've been in Dalyer this season with Rovers I'd say over 2k would be a good guess. Rovers brought a lot of fans to those games.

I was there however for the Bohs -v- Galway (work mate is a bohs fan) game a few weeks back and we guessed that there wasn't even 1k there and certainly nowhere near 2k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Perfect result tonight.

All the pressure is on Bohs now.

Come on Derry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

:D:D:D:DWE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!:D:D:D:D
    Come on Derry!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Still in Bohs' hands and if they win in Tallaght, I'd say it's over, but what the hell...

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4754331/12698349

:pac:

Thought it was lost in the first, but in fairness to MON, it was turned around in the second.

At least 500/600 hoops there, and the atmosphere was brilliant.

As said already, I still think it's Bohs to lose though but still..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This season has surpassed even my most optimistic hopes. If we were to finish second, or even third, it'd still be a triumph - Rovers in Europe and the Setanta Cup would be amazing but the fact that we have a chance to do even more is unreal.

I think were all forgetting one there here when people say its in Bohs hands. No it isn't, its in our hands. We win all our games until the end of the season we are champions simple as that.

Whats really important here is the next two fixtures. Bohs away to Derry on Tuesday and pending on which Derry turn up that could be a loss for them. Should that happen and they fail to do us next weekend then they are staring down a 5 point gap. That would hurt, a lot!

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »

As I said on the fans forum...

Was a good player in the first division and served the club well. I never thought he stood up to it at the very top level. Remember we don't need 1st division players any more we need players who have the ability to win leagues. Tadhger just isn't at that level.

All the best horse and good luck.

Getting excited now...

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1035-matchday-arrangements-for-bohemians-game

Tuesday, 29 September 2009 13:04

The following arrangements will be in place for the game versus Bohemian FC this Friday (KO 7.45pm).

Fans wishing to sit in the Main Stand should enter the stadium via the turnstiles on the carpark side of the Club Shop only.

Fans wishing to sit in the East Stand should enter via the new turnstiles at the back of the carpark.

There will be a cordon in place behind the goal at the carpark end, resulting in no crossover being allowed between the two stands on the night. You must enter the appropriate turnstiles for the side of the ground you will remain on for the duration of the game.

Visiting fans will enter through the turnstiles at the junction between the Tallaght bypass and Whitestown Way. Only fans with away tickets (orange coloured) will be admitted through these turnstiles. No exceptions will be made.

There will be food outlets and toilet facilities on each side of the ground.

This game is completely sold out, so no tickets will be available on the night.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Come on Derry. Would be massive to go into Friday night still on top.

Would be massive to go into Friday night still on top.

:cool:

ahwouldloveit.jpg

Article in Indo today:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/hoops-boss-rules-out--switch-to-fulltime-structure-1901093.html

By Daniel McDonnell

Thursday October 01 2009

THEY may be attracting the biggest crowds in the league to their new home in Tallaght and enjoying the buzz of a title race but Shamrock Rovers have no plans to embrace full-time football because they don't believe it is sustainable.

Hoops boss Michael O'Neill is irked by the suggestion that his team are full-time in everything but name as their expanded squad prepares for tomorrow's sell-out Dublin derby with arch rivals and narrow League of Ireland leaders Bohemians.

Last week, Gypsies boss Pat Fenlon indicated that the money men at Dalymount Park have promised a budget which will maintain a full-time set-up next year.

However, Rovers will persist as they stand right now. At present, 30pc of their playing staff have jobs outside football, but O'Neill attributes that to the current economic climate rather than anything else.

The former Northern Ireland international -- a qualified financial advisor, who worked with Ernst & Young and started his own mortgage company in between the end of his playing career and entering management -- insists that his current employers have to be patient rather than making a jump too quickly.

"I don't believe it's sustainable (full- time) in this current climate," he says. "People will argue that essentially we are full-time. I can assure you we are not. We're going training at 5.30pm (last night) so we have to focus on the lads who are at work, to get them out early.

"At this moment in time, I'm not convinced the clubs can commit to full-time football in my view of what full-time football is, having experienced it in England and Scotland.

Analysis

"We have the players together essentially from about 5.0 to 7.30 every day. Full-time football for me would be having the players in at 9.30 and in until 3.30 or 4.0 on certain days. Now, we have very little time to do video analysis, all of those things you would do if you were in a full-time structure.

"I think the model we have here is the model which suits the league at this minute in time. Going full-time for a year and continually being under threat financially isn't really going full-time to be honest. It has to be done with a realistic five- to 10-year plan which you know is sustainable."

Rovers chairman Jonathan Roche is singing off the same hymn sheet. With their current operation, the Hoops have an annual turnover which he estimates to be in the region of €1.3m with a 10pc increase expected in 2010.

"I think it would have to be a long-term thing," he says of professionalism. "I think we'd be mad to jump into a full-time situation next year.

"We'd have to plan properly to make sure that the football club would get the full benefit of having a full-time squad and everything that comes from that. We'd be of the same mind that we build and we review the structure of the football club on an ongoing basis, so we can change that if circumstances change. But at the moment we're quite happy with where we're going."

Anticipation is high in Tallaght ahead of tomorrow's meeting with Bohs, who regained a one-point advantage at the top of the table with their win in Derry on Tuesday night.

All 6,000 tickets for the game were sold last Thursday, with the visitors receiving an allocation of 500. There will be a strong garda presence on the night, but Roche is anticipating no difficulties.

- Daniel McDonnell

Can see another big LOI game being a (tedious if neutral, otherwise agony) 0-0, but still...
    Getting excited now...

dfx- wrote: »
    Can see another big LOI game being a (tedious if neutral, otherwise agony) 0-0, but still...

Be pretty lucky if a game that tense will be free flowing. I'd take a draw.

Good to have a full squad (- Bermo) to pick from, especially Kavanagh, Sullivan and Darragh. Wouldn't mind another run-out for Johnson in the middle?

Brilliant news that Brennan is out.

Pic from their last visit to Tallaght to get in the mood... :cool:...although it'll probably be a jinxer...

00024b60-390.jpg

I'm not one for photography, but that is at least the best ever picture in the history of the world, league win or no league win :cool:

Hard to call whether the good palyers out should come in. Maguire ahsn't played well apart from Real when he was back the first time, but Price is error-strewn so far. Is Deegan in or out? I don't think Bradley is strong enough for the game..certainly at 0-0. Need Johnston or maybe Shane...

Deegan is out from what I've heard. Hopefully the case for Ricer's sake.

Deegan, Murphy and Brennan are out. Well, Deegan was on the list wasn't he?

Part of the FAI conspiracy, of course. :)

I'd still go for Darragh over Price.

Johnson, Robbo, Bradley and Chsholm offer different things in the middle. Although he's creative and can take a free, I think I'd drop Bradley. Too light. Ditto Chisholm (what's with those Stanley Matthews shorts by the way?) Kavanagh can provide the forward momentum. It's going to be war out there. Johnson, and even Shane, will stand up to Keegan if (when) he acts the dirtbird. Johnson looked perfect for the task. Went though people hard, no fucking about, and used the ball with no frills. Bit shot-shy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rovers will get 2 penos and win 1-0 from an offside twigg goal :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Rovers will get 2 penos and win 1-0 from an offside twigg goal :D

I'd take that.

I'll take any win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'll take any win.

is the game on tv?

Trilla wrote: »
    is the game on tv?

Yeah.

TG4, I think.

Defo on TG4.

Trilla wrote: »
    is the game on tv?

If you ain't heading over to the match, I'm sure the oul BSC wouldn't mind a few extra over at the Naas Rd again this time round.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

If you ain't heading over to the match, I'm sure the oul BSC wouldn't mind a few extra over at the Naas Rd again this time round.:D
    Naa sorry can't make it, won't be in Dublin tomorrow evening. Shucks. Ah well. Poo poo poo

Ryanair have put on extra flights from Wales and Glasgow....

• Advertisement

Ryanair have put on extra flights from Wales and Glasgow....

...and Belfast for the oul Rovers Hooligans imported lot.;)

...and Belfast for the oul Rovers Hooligans imported lot.;)

Bit harsh on Mannus and Johnson?

Bit harsh on Mannus and Johnson?

Might be on the same flight as the oul Cliftonville lads.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

Does anyone know if there would be any trouble getting tickets for the match tonight? I havn't been to the Tallaght stadium yet and thought tonight would be perfect.

Does anyone know if there would be any trouble getting tickets for the match tonight? I havn't been to the Tallaght stadium yet and thought tonight would be perfect.

They are completely Sold Out. I didn't manage to get one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

They are completely Sold Out. I didn't manage to get one :(

Ahhh ****, guess I'll have to wait till the next game.....unless thats sold out aswell. Is the match even on TV today?

• Advertisement

Yep, TG4.

Ahhh ****, guess I'll have to wait till the next game.....unless thats sold out aswell. Is the match even on TV today?

The match is live on TG4. mate.

Next home game is against Drogs on the 17th. You can get tickets from the club shop at the stadium. Info here:

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/matchdays/match-tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

Ahhh ****, guess I'll have to wait till the next game.....unless thats sold out aswell. Is the match even on TV today?[/QUOTE

Live on TG4 I believe.

Might be worth a shout on the night as there may be tickets floating around.

I got in to one soldout game there by asking around.

Game sold out over a week ago. I'd say chances of getting one in and around the ground is slim to none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Cant wait. Nearly feeling a bit sick with the nerves. Get there early lads and get this place rocking 5,500 people there to see the Rovers its gona be some atmosphere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement