Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Can't wait for this season to start. Rovers have strengthned where required, but could do with another striker and goalie, but thats life. Interesting rumour abounds about a new signing too....

Very confident we can win the league this year, Deegan and Murphy are huge losses for the D7 shower and with Nutsy off in June, that bit of turmoil is to be welcomed.

Can see him playing a 433 this year as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Very confident we can win the league this year, Deegan and Murphy are huge losses for the D7 shower and with Nutsy off in June, that bit of turmoil is to be welcomed.

Can see him playing a 433 this year as well!

No chance of 433 happening Id say, Quigley has been playing right wing in preseason. Good luck to Rovers if they are going to start breaking the bank for players like Ndo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

An Ultras site with a forum in its last days it appears. A sad day.

Meanwhile, from it:

gaa44.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Why's the ultras forum shutting down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bohsman wrote: »
    Good luck to Rovers if they are going to start breaking the bank for players like Ndo.

His agent rang pete Mahon and mahon hung up on him 2 ****ing grand a week, thats more than he was on last time he was with us in name only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think MON has Bradley in mind for the creative role, especially now with more holding options in midfield.

Joe's still a great footballer if the price is right.

I'd take him on some kind of appearance/performance deal. Can't see any other deal being made by MON. More than one established player has left already because he's offered them a better 'assessment' of their worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

syngindub wrote: »
    park in killinarden..car will be grand

Park in Killinarden and you will be walking home mate, and i live in Killinarden.

Pre season has been very exciting some fantastic signings and without doubt Bohs will be pushed all the way once again this season. MON has built a fantastic team and kept the wage structure in place and he must be commended for that. I'm not a big fan of Bradley but it does look like he is starting to pull his weight a bit more. If Turner signs Ricer could be warming the bench as chambers looks the buisness and offers that bit more.

Only area i would be slightly concerned about is the GK mannus doesn't fill me with confidence and although Tuesday night was anightmare for keepers and can't say i seen him catch a ball cleanly, he is way to hesitant about leaving his line, and with duggan as back up well thats another days story.

Also heard one or 2 things about sives, he is suffering a bit with his knees again, hopefully just a knock and nothing too serious, has the potential with Dan to be the most solid centre back pairing seen in this league for some time.

Looking forward to the game with the Youths tomrrow night, what are there team like these days and how has there form been.

Come on The Hoops.

Park in Killinarden and you will be walking home mate, and i live in Killinarden.

I park my car outside my ma's up there sometimes and it's grand. Too much of a hike though.

I usually park in Old Bawn and cut through the park if I'm driving.

stovelid wrote: »

Joe's still a great footballer if the price is right.

hes an irsh citizen now so assumed he would **** off somewhere. Srsly tho 2k a week maybe im bitter considering hes a **** of the highest order but 2k a week :eek: we paid him 1600 plus rent and a car (which we havent got back :mad:) and what a few games for Johnny mac then his "injury".

dreamers75 wrote: »
    hes an irsh citizen now so assumed he would **** off somewhere. Srsly tho 2k a week maybe im bitter considering hes a **** of the highest order but 2k a week :eek: we paid him 1600 plus rent and a car (which we havent got back :mad:) and what a few games for Johnny mac then his "injury".

And turned out for us, remember?

• Advertisement

And turned out for us, remember?

yup we paid him for doing that , thanks for playing him. played more ****ing games for you then he did for us in 2 years.

im not bitter tho :D

Also makes a few bob from his Taxi's he has on the road including the one he drives himself. He's not worth 2k a month never mind a week blows hot and cold too much, needs to be wrapped in cottonwool too after every game and training session god love him. He's better off out in the D7 direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

2k a week.

fayfk8.jpg

He's better off out in the D7 direction.

Definitely not signing for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Pre season has been very exciting some fantastic signings and without doubt Bohs will be pushed all the way once again this season. MON has built a fantastic team and kept the wage structure in place and he must be commended for that. I'm not a big fan of Bradley but it does look like he is starting to pull his weight a bit more. If Turner signs Ricer could be warming the bench as chambers looks the buisness and offers that bit more.

Only area i would be slightly concerned about is the GK mannus doesn't fill me with confidence and although Tuesday night was anightmare for keepers and can't say i seen him catch a ball cleanly, he is way to hesitant about leaving his line, and with duggan as back up well thats another days story.

Also heard one or 2 things about sives, he is suffering a bit with his knees again, hopefully just a knock and nothing too serious, has the potential with Dan to be the most solid centre back pairing seen in this league for some time.

Looking forward to the game with the Youths tomrrow night, what are there team like these days and how has there form been.

Come on The Hoops.
    Although I'm in Wexford 25 years, I'm born a Dub and I took that suggesstion of parking in Kilinarden with a smile.

This will probably be a holding season for the Youths, we've lost 2 key players in Conor Sinnott to St Pats and Peter White back to Limerick. Having said that, we have Danny Furlong back from a year off with injury and he is one player who could make the grade if he applies himself.

As always, we will struggle for goals and our new manager, Noel O'Connor shares the same tactical ethos as Mick Wallace, i.e defend and lets see what might happen up front.

Some excellent prospects coming through the underage set up and that structure looks to set us up well for years to come. However, it is still a little early in my opinion for some of them who have been named in the senior squad this year.

We will compete to the end tonight, but I think there is too much of a gulf between the teams for us to get a result. Looking forward to it though

Dave! wrote: »
    Why's the ultras forum shutting down?

Excess muppetry I suppose.

Thought Wexford looked good tonight and probably felt they deserved a draw. I wonder if Rovers were that poor or playing well within themselves deliberately.

When Dennehy got the ball in the second half, Rovers looked threatening. I really don't think Ollie is suited to a middle of 5 man midfield - even moreso than left back :) Barrett I thought was alright as the one man upfront and was denied a perfectly good goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Congrats on the win, it was well deserved. It was one of those games where you should probably have won by more, yet we could easily have fluked a win ourselves.

Beautiful stadium, very courteous stewards and staff. The lads on the gate waved us in to your car park with a friendly nod and as soon as some fans saw our colours, they wished us the best in the game. Great shop you have there and it looks as if it is a good revenue stream for the club. 9/10 for the curry chips. Lovely to see your schoolboy lads get involved in selling the raffle tickets, it had a real sense of club spirit about it.
    Special thanks to the lady stewards who let my elderly dad in to the foyer of the members area at HT to get a bit of warmth, it was very kind of you.

Very disappointed that we felt we had to leave before the final whistle, but it was intimidating when SOME young fans made their way over and stood directly behind us singing some of your more colourful songs. They then proceeded to phone their mates to come over and join them. When the 2nd lot ran over, it was time to go. Why the watching stewards let them do that, I don't know. It was only when our supporters club chairman spoke directly to the stewards, that they were asked to move.

Anyway, great to see a club that I used to watch in Glemalure Park for many years find such a fantastic new home. Good luck in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What's the new forum called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

since its gone you can always keep up to date with matters Rovers at thebohs.com :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

baz2009 wrote: »

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread @ boards.ie

• Advertisement

Pal wrote: »
    since its gone you can always keep up to date with matters Rovers at thebohs.com :)

The tragic thing is that this is pretty close to the truth. :)

baz2009 wrote: »

www.srfcforum.net its alright baz will do for the mean time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

All the best for the season gents.

syngindub wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread @ boards.ie

Also means this thread is the only(?) active place where that balmy night in Mar 2009 is recorded..

The tragic thing is that this is pretty close to the truth. :)

True, works both ways tho, where am I going to go to see the rovers verdict on Bohs 09 accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

So who is this Northern striker we are supposed to be signing? Is it Stewart who was with Derry & Linfield?

New kit out:

2010%20home%20kit%20reveal.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gold suits the Bohs jersey much better, looks out of place with the Green and White imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would prefer it with a white collar, but the deep green is cool.

Nice new shiny members card got today. Looks well as does the season ticket. :cool:

dfx- wrote: »
    Nice new shiny members card got today. Looks well as does the season ticket. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the new badge... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Declan Edwards, Admir Softic and Samuele Emiliano have been released by CCFC because the club has not received international clearance as a result of their registrations with their previous clubs.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/cork-city-lose-three-players-449327.html#ixzz0hhdKnWLr

May be a stupid question but does this mean we can have him back on loan or is it why he was shifted off to Cork in the first place?

If Cork cant register him I doubt we can

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would have thought ye have enough of 'our' players already!

Turner deemed a free agent and allowed sign subject to him paying 5k back to those gob****es in Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

CiaranC wrote: »
    subject to him paying 5k back to those gob****es in Sligo
    Rightly so too

CiaranC wrote: »
    Turner deemed a free agent and allowed sign subject to him paying 5k back to those gob****es in Sligo

Unlucky. Thought yous were going to dodge a major bullet there.

So he cant play until he pays back the money?

• Advertisement

Well we need whatever attacking options we can get with Twigg out and Baker sidelined courtesy of Sligo RFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So he wasn't a free agent!!

monkey9 wrote: »

"The decision of the DRC was that Chris Turner "is not a participant of the National league and is a free agent, entitled to sign for any club and seek registration of an SPC" (standard player's contract)."

5k is better than what they were looking for, I guess. I wonder will there be further fall-out from this. Sligo may really regret starting this whole thing.

As said, we really need goals from midfield until Baker and Twigg return so this is welcome news.

So he cant play until he pays back the money?

He can. Thats a private issue between Sligs and Turner.

In talking to someone involved here, there appears to be a contradiction. Turner is a Rovers player, the registration that was parked when Sligs put in a complaint is now registered.

However, both Sligs and Turner are going to be investigated further for off the books payments. The pig headed culchie thicks actually opened that can of worms themselves.... :rolleyes:

This means that Turner could be looking at a ban?

Could be dodgy for Sligo, epscially after the obvious no-ticket arrangements last weekend.

monkey9 wrote: »

He was. He was given 5k up front as an advance on wages in a contract that was never registered. Then Sligs asked him to take a pay cut, he refused to sign that contract and he approached Rovers to see if our deal was still on the table. It was, so he joined us.

The FAI decreed that a non registered standardised contract is not binding. If the Sligs were dense enough to 'loan' him money in the absence of a contract or repayment schedule, thats their lookout to get back. If this was an undeclared signing on bonus, then they are similarly dense.

I said a few weeks ago that the Sligs were the most likely candidates for a *, and I was right....

This means that Turner could be looking at a ban?

Could be dodgy for Sligo, epscially after the obvious no-ticket arrangements last weekend.

I would personally expect a ban for Turner and a large fine at least for Sligs.

If they keep acting the way they have been acting in the arbitration, the FAI might turn that ban into a points deduction. Like I say, pig headed culchie thicks. Their press release tone will be a major factor in how hard the FAI ride them on this.

A total own goal from them. Seriously, imagine telling the FAI you were breaking the rules simply to try and hurt another club? Morons.

Twigg out for 8 weeks.

Baker out for at least 4 weeks.

:eek:

At least it levels the playing field for SPA..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dfx- wrote: »
    Twigg out for 8 weeks.

Baker out for at least 4 weeks.

:eek:

At least it levels the playing field for SPA..
    You could play 6 midfielders instead :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement