Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can see it being a very bad Shels attendence tonight in Tallaght.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'll be surprised if there's 2,000 there tonight...the West Stand only will be open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Why is the East Stand closed?

I'd guess it's not worth opening the stand for a non-league game when the West Stand could cover it. I hope it's not a sign of things to come though with regular closures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Why is the East Stand closed?

1,500 at most there tonight. So why double your stewarding and cleanup costs?

3-1 to Shels, highlight of the game was one of our A Team players Alberto Pinto doing a flip throw, genius stuff. Best I've see Shels play in a long time, 3 players from the A Team deserve starts imo, Giller didn't do to bad centre back considering he's a centre mid, Ian Ryan and Giller had Twigg and Barrett in their pockets for the night.:D

Oh and lads found out why yous have been muck this season, players eating Papa Johns in Tallaght pre-match, was in there and Turner, Mannus and 3 other players were munching away.:D

Keely was a spoilsport on the throw-ins after the second goal :(

How strong was the Shels side? Mind you Rovers rolled over and got tickled at the back. Don Cowen made an impact coming on for Twigg.

Maximum 1000 I'd say

dfx- wrote: »
    Keely was a spoilsport on the throw-ins after the second goal :(

How strong was the Shels side? Mind you Rovers rolled over and got tickled at the back. Don Cowen made an impact coming on for Twigg.

Maximum 1000 I'd say

Ref told Pinto at half-time that throw-ins like that are illegal, when they're not, that's why he didn't do anymore.:D

Our starting squad was 5 first-teamers, 3 bench warmers and 3 "A" Teamers. On the bench of 7 only one or two would have been regular first teamers. So not a very strong side.

Apart from Twigg, Barrett, Paddy K, what other first teamers did you's have out?

How much does that stand hold? Was only about 70 or so Shels fans there.

When he thought of doing it just before the second goal and didn't..Keely summoned him and the right back over after the goal to stop the crowd getting involved...boo :)

Sean O'Connor was on the teamsheet, but wasn't seen much on the pitch and Enda Stevens at left-back would be a bench warmer. Don Cowen would be a substitute first teamer too

Stand holds 3,000..there was a few audible Shels fans near the halfway line too.

• Advertisement

Stand holds 3,000..there was a few audible Shels fans near the halfway line too.

Would say a little over 1,000 so from where I was standing so. Many Shels down at the halfway?

10, 15 at a push, but loud enough..

Meanwhile...any excuse...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Gav that wasn't Pinto it was Marwan.

http://vimeo.com/11100333 The famous throw, at about 1 min 48 seconds.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Boy needs to knock that fancy-dan stuff on the head sharpish. Players must be sharpening their studs all over the first division already. :D

stovelid wrote: »
    Boy needs to knock that fancy-dan stuff on the head sharpish. Players must be sharpening their studs all over the first division already. :D

He's an A Team player, won't be seeing much first team after that I'd say.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Bohs away moved to 1PM on the Saturday just to be shown on Sellotanta Sports:rolleyes:

Joke.

Sauce

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Bohs away moved to 1PM on the Saturday just to be shown on Sellotanta Sports:rolleyes:

From the minute the fixture list was out, I'm sure nobody expected the match to actually go ahead on a Saturday evening. At least it's better than a Sunday lunchtime kick-off like last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

From the minute the fixture list was out, I'm sure nobody expected the match to actually go ahead on a Saturday evening. At least it's better than a Sunday lunchtime kick-off like last season.

True, nothing wrong with a nice Friday night fixture though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Name your 11 lads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

dreamers75 wrote: »

Name your 11 lads ;)

12 Gary Twiggs
    11 Gary Twiggs
    10 Gary Twiggs
    9 Gary Twiggs
    8 Gary Twiggs
    7 Gary Twiggs
    6 Gary Twiggs
    Fiiiiiive Gary Twiggs
    4 Gary Twiggs
    3 Gary Twiggs
    2 Gary Twiggs
    And the best striker in the league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

12 Gary Twiggs
    11 Gary Twiggs
    10 Gary Twiggs
    9 Gary Twiggs
    8 Gary Twiggs
    7 Gary Twiggs
    6 Gary Twiggs
    Fiiiiiive Gary Twiggs
    4 Gary Twiggs
    3 Gary Twiggs
    2 Gary Twiggs
    And the best striker in the league...

So you's finally admit, you's really really are a one man team. You's were sh!te last season, except Twigg kept you's up there!!

Sh!te this season while Twigg was out injured!!!

Twigg Rovers!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    So you's finally admit, you's really really are a one man team. You's were sh!te last season, except Twigg kept you's up there!!

Twigg Rovers!!

At least rovers had a player to win them games last season unlike Pats who were shite all season. Enjoy that lofty position while it lasts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

monkey9 wrote: »

Twigg Rovers!!
    Dessie Baker was instrumental last season as well. Sives/Price partnership was a rock and Rice proved himself to be one of the best CM's in the league. Over 20 games unbeaten and it wasn't all down to Twigg.

There is an element of truth to what he is saying though

At least rovers had a player to win them games last season unlike Pats who were shite all season. Enjoy that lofty position while it lasts...

Even better...Pats rejected him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Twigg is a ****ing hero.

Twigg > Breen.

A lot of clubs rely on a striker. Trouble was last season, very little of our goals came from other areas.

I expect MON to stick with Stewart and Twigg tonight and bring Baker on at some stage. I don't think Baker will start until he's 3 stone lighter fitter.

I expect Twigg to stick with Stewart and Twigg tonight and bring Baker on at some stage.

Someone started their bank holiday drinking early!?:D

Loving the Twigg and stick pun.:D

• Advertisement

Someone started their bank holiday drinking early!?:D

Loving the Twigg and stick pun.:D

Updated. Should I take a bough? :D

Started the bank holiday drinking last night which is the problem this morning. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

This is ridiculous about not being able to get away end tickets at the gate. Pats just doing themselves out of money the way I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

What's the story with the Rovers forum?

Looks like someone forgot to put money in the meter

Have to be happy with that. Delighted for Stewart.

Im itching to get back now.

money-drain.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

They take it down anytime something controversial happens.

money-drain.jpg

Can rovers be punished for something that happens in Oriel? Rovers can't help who travels to away games and have no say in the policing or stewarding at the game. It's not like rovers sold them the tickets.

Can rovers be punished for something that happens in Oriel. Rovers can't help who travels to away games and have no say in the policing or stewarding at the game. It's not like rovers sold them the tickets.

yup

punishment to be dealt with in 2 weeks time, i reckon another strongly worded letter is in the post.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Can rovers be punished for something that happens in Oriel? Rovers can't help who travels to away games and have no say in the policing or stewarding at the game. It's not like rovers sold them the tickets.

Generally stewards from the home fans team travel as well and help police the away end. With Fran Gavin in charge it's unlikely anything will happen to Rovers.

Check out your own forum if you need Rovers threads to keep you ticking over. There's certainly enough of them there.

• Advertisement

It's been working fine for me since before the latest controversial incident. You're timing is a little bit off as the site was down last week which was when the question was asked. Good try though.:rolleyes:

In fairness, Oriel is a kip. That place and certain rovers supporters are a match made in heaven. I'm glad I stuck to my word last year and decided not to give my money to Dundalk this year. Treat people like animals and they'll start acting like animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

In fairness, Oriel is a kip. That place and certain rovers supporters are a match made in heaven. I'm glad I stuck to my word last year and decided not to give my money to Dundalk this year. Treat people like animals and they'll start acting like animals.

Give it over. The minority of rovers fans acted like idiots and animals, proper rovers fans would admit to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Give it over. The minority of rovers fans acted like idiots and animals, proper rovers fans would admit to that.

Hang on, what did you expect here?

It's always "someone else's" fault.

I posted this before, but it's applicable here too

ali-1.jpg?t=1273096921

Hold on a second. Where did I say they didn't act like that? :confused:

If you went through my posts from last year, you'd see that I said I wasn't going back to Oriel because of the way they treated the away fans.

Des wrote: »
    I posted this before, but it's applicable here too

ali-1.jpg?t=1273096921

Is it applicable here?

Nobody here is saying that they were not shamrock rovers fans. I know you were dying to use that photo again but it's a bit misplaced here...

Is it applicable here?

Nobody here is saying that they were not shamrock rovers fans. I know you were dying to use that photo again but it's a bit misplaced here...
    Uh no , its in reference to that.

Btw Des my pic you stole it i had him in the jersey in mine :mad:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Uh no , its in reference to that.

Btw Des my pic you stole it i had him in the jersey in mine :mad:

"Treat people like animals and they'll start acting like animals" does not equal "He is not a shamrock supporter". Do we need to start teaching basic English around here?

It's fairly obvious that they were rovers supporters and nobody is saying otherwise so the poster makes no sense. That is all.

Lads, nearly every Rovers regular here has condemned what happened.

Who are you again?

btw: the forum is up, just some kind of forwarding error as I can view it from some places and not from others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The forum hasn't been not working for me in ages.:confused:

I don't think Murray should be anywhere near the captaincy, tbh.
    Can't wait for Sives to come back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement