Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

CiaranC wrote: »
    Word is no tickets, home or away, will go on general sale.

Any news on when they go on sale to season tickets? and how many per season ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

micks wrote: »
    Any news on when they go on sale to season tickets? and how many per season ticket?

does your season ticket not include setanta and european matches?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You forgot Ronny Rosenthal & Avram Grant :D

And how could I forget Dudu Aouate...

I'll be in Munich from next weekend...Modena is a surprisingly difficult place to get to by train :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Where you getting this? They dont have the rights to the Europa League

According to the Ultras Forum it is anyway, how true it is I don't know, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

ntlbell wrote: »
    does your season ticket not include setanta and european matches?
    No home league games only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

micks wrote: »
    Announcement on the website tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

At a guess I'd say a maximum of two tickets for each season ticket holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

well done to rovers and good luck in next europa game:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

At a guess I'd say a maximum of two tickets for each season ticket holder.
    That's what it does be for the Bohs games do I'd imagine that's spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Where you getting this? They dont have the rights to the Europa League

RTE don't have the rights for the group stage but anyone can bid to televise the qualifying rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »

Thats unreal, oddly not shocked the FAI allowed this even tho saying no to everyone else for the last 4 years and punishing Foster for asking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Thats unreal, oddly not shocked the FAI allowed this even tho saying no to everyone else for the last 4 years and punishing Foster for asking :D

****ing shocking , while agreeing game should be postponed it seems "every club is equal but some clubs are more equal than others"rolleyes.

Fair play to UCD. Think the only reason this doesn't happen more often is because the other clubs won't agree to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Tickets are going on sale to Members and Season ticket holders only on Monday.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1475-juventus-ticket-news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

so no chance of tickets? thats crap, thought there would be some going on sale for the public

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

If they moved it to the Aviva they would garner at least 20,000 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Moving it to the Aviva would absolutely kill the atmosphere! Best keeping it in Tallaght, will be much more special

Fuuuuck. Working late on Monday. Will have to get my oul lad to head down and get the tickets.

• Advertisement

Can't play it in the Aviva anyway, because the first game has to be a rugby match, and the RDS has a horsey show or something on, so it can only be Tallaght, thank God.

Limited edition stuff on sale Monday too, embroidered jerseys and the likes.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1473-souvenir-clothing-range-v-juventus

madma wrote: »
    so no chance of tickets? thats crap, thought there would be some going on sale for the public
    Theres still time to buy a season ticket :)

madma wrote: »

There are tickets for the public: for the members of the public that support the club week-in, week-out, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Bloody hope I get one! :( Just booked flights over to Bologna there!!

Been going all season but just don't have the season ticket like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Bloody hope I get one! :( Just booked flights over to Bologna there!!

Been going all season but just don't have the season ticket like!

I can get you a ticket :pac:

• Advertisement

Jaysus I'll be up queuing from about half 5 to be sure!

Th greatest moment of the year so far

Voltwad wrote: »
    Jaysus I'll be up queuing from about half 5 to be sure!

Theres no need, if youve a season ticket or a members card you'll get a ticket. Two if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Brilliant video.

Top of the league, away win in Europe, Bohs out, Juventus next in Tallaght...

Back home and back to the grind...of Juventus. Juventus. Shamrock Rovers v. Juventus.:eek:

• Advertisement

Th greatest moment of the year so far

The Maldron has just given up any pretence to being a hotel bar and just become a Rovers social club. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Theres no need, if youve a season ticket or a members card you'll get a ticket. Two if you want.

I would say most people will take two tickets. Isn't there about 3000 season ticket holders? 3000 X 2 = 6000. I'm sure there are also a good few tickets reserved for corporate tickets, special guests, etc.

I think I'll get there a little early just to be sure...

Oh by the way, Bring On The Juve :eek:

I would say most people will take two tickets. Isn't there about 3000 season ticket holders? 3000 X 2 = 6000. I'm sure there are also a good few tickets reserved for corporate tickets, special guests, etc.

I think I'll get there a little early just to be sure...

500 members, 2500 season ticket holders but practically all the members are included in the season ticket holder figure so 2500 x 2 = 5000 which still leaves 700 tickets for away fans, corporates and a couple of hundred for general sale.

Great deal to be honest as it includes the Bohs match which will be a deadly night.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1477-special-season-ticket-with-juve-ticket-offer

stovelid wrote: »
    Great deal to be honest as it includes the Bohs match which will be a deadly night.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1477-special-season-ticket-with-juve-ticket-offer

Excellent move by the board. And great value too. These will sell like hot cakes.

http://vimeo.com/13617726

Great clip here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

So the match isn't going to be on Irish TV? I've given up hope of getting a ticket.

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    So the match isn't going to be on Irish TV? I've given up hope of getting a ticket.

According to PaddyPower it's on TV3.:confused:
    If it isn't on tele, there'll surely be a few streams about, anyway.

You can get a ticket through the offer above.

No confirmation on TV yet.

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    According to PaddyPower it's on TV3.:confused:
    If it isn't on tele, there'll surely be a few streams about, anyway.

Tv3 says Setanta, Setanta say they are showing 'The Sports Show'.

It's quite surreal, the biggest club match in Irish history along with when Liverpool and Bayern were here almost two decades ago :rolleyes:

You can get a ticket through the offer above.

No confirmation on TV yet.

I don't have €100 to spend on one match, I'm a massive Juve fan and was hoping to blend in with the Rovers fans.

It's quite surreal, the biggest club match in Irish history along with when Liverpool and Bayern were here almost two decades ago :rolleyes:

I don't have €100 to spend on one match, I'm a massive Juve fan and was hoping to blend in with the Rovers fans.
    Weve always been ignored by the media here, if its on TV its because Juventus are playing in Dublin, no other reason.

And tbh, there are no tickets for people who want to come to Tallaght for one game. Cant say Im too upset about it.

Weve always been ignored by the media here, if its on TV its because Juventus are playing in Dublin, no other reason.

And tbh, there are no tickets for people who want to come to Tallaght for one game. Cant say Im too upset about it.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm not going for the 'spectacle' of the match itself, I've gone to a fair few Juventus games including the Fulham disaster (maybe I can be a good luck omen for Rovers :D).

I just happen to be a fan of the other team that wants to see the match for the football and to support 'my' team. If Rovers were playing Barcelona I wouldn't want a ticket, if you see my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's quite surreal, the biggest club match in Irish history along with when Liverpool and Bayern were here almost two decades ago :rolleyes:.
    On what crazy grounds is this bigger than the Shels-Deportivo game (especially the 2nd leg) which offered a place in the CL group stages?

CSF wrote: »
    On what crazy grounds is this bigger than the Shels-Deportivo game (especially the 2nd leg) which offered a place in the CL group stages?

I meant stature wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I meant stature wise.
    Then say so, what you did say is completely incorrect.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm not going for the 'spectacle' of the match itself, I've gone to a fair few Juventus games including the Fulham disaster (maybe I can be a good luck omen for Rovers :D).

I just happen to be a fan of the other team that wants to see the match for the football and to support 'my' team. If Rovers were playing Barcelona I wouldn't want a ticket, if you see my point.

Have you contacted your club to get get tickets for the away section?

Match is on RTE

Match is on RTE
    Source?

• Advertisement

RTÉ won the rights for the home leg half an hour ago, and are also in talks for the away leg, apparently.

Advertisement