Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Hi

I'm looking for a ticket for the Juventus match. Would love to see Juve play, however I'm in Drogheda and don't have a Season ticket.

What are the chances I'd be able to get a ticket on Tuesday?

Or would any Season Ticket Holders be interested in buying me a ticket. I'm sure we could come to an arrangement.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking for a ticket for the Juventus match. Would love to see Juve play, however I'm in Drogheda and don't have a Season ticket.

What are the chances I'd be able to get a ticket on Tuesday?

Or would any Season Ticket Holders be interested in buying me a ticket. I'm sure we could come to an arrangement.

Thanks

This is your best bet. Highly unlikely any tickets will go on general sale on Tuesday.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1477-special-season-ticket-with-juve-ticket-offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Absolutely delighted that the Bandwagoners won't be going, they can watch the Airtricity 11 Vs. Unireh in an atmosphereless farce :) Will be a great night for Irish football no matter what the result is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I am desperately looking for tickets too, but for the Juve match only. If anyone can help it would be much appreciate. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Walsh wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted that the Bandwagoners won't be going, they can watch the Airtricity 11 Vs. Unireh in an atmosphereless farce :) Will be a great night for Irish football no matter what the result is...

Too right.

Enjoy the night lads.

• Advertisement

This is your best bet. Highly unlikely any tickets will go on general sale on Tuesday.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1477-special-season-ticket-with-juve-ticket-offer

When do you think would be the best time to go to the club office to do this? From their website the club office isn't open on a Monday, but they're selling tickets to season ticketholders at 7, at the UCD match I understand.

I rang the office but no answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

People gloryhunt/bandwagon with Rovers? This Juve tie is going to your heads lads :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

When do you think would be the best time to go to the club office to do this? From their website the club office isn't open on a Monday, but they're selling tickets to season ticketholders at 7, at the UCD match I understand.

The UCD match has been postponed. From my understanding the office will be open today from 1pm. The shop definetly is so just pop down there they will have the forms. Fill it out. Give it to them or at the office. And your done. My advice would be to try do this as early a possable. Because the place will be crowed from about 6.30. Refreshment and Hooperman to be in attendance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    This Juve tie is going to your heads lads :rolleyes:

We're not the ones begging for tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm going down to tallaght for about 5.30. Not taking any chances at all!! So excited about Thursday night now, only 3 sleeps away. I'm still in dreamland!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    People gloryhunt/bandwagon with Rovers? This Juve tie is going to your heads lads :rolleyes:

:D Are you serious? Rovers could sell this tie out 3 times over with bandwagoners.

Did you contact 'your' club about tickets for the away section yet? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Unirea_Urziceni

Why are they opening the Aviva/Lansdowne? :confused:
    :D

The office is open today. If you go there this afternoon they'll sort you out straight away with your ticket.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/matchdays/fixture-list

Some massive amount of football left to be played this season guys, hope it's not too strenuous on the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

what CONFIRMED channel is the match on ? any news yet ?

Pal wrote: »
    what channel is the match on ? any news yet ?

Maybe try reading the thread first, it was asked and answered on the last page. RTE.

not listed on RTE website or liveonsat or Sky EPG , is it ?

only channel I see it on is Mediaset Premium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Pal wrote: »
    not listed on RTE website or liveonsat or Sky EPG , is it ?

only channel I see it on is Mediaset Premium
    It has not been confirmed anywhere. Word from a guy who works in the industry and seems to be a good source on these things is that RTE secured the rights yesterday for the home leg, and are in discussions for the away leg. There has been no official announcement though.

Thank you.

If it lists on any satellite I will post.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Shame but no surprise. It's a stroke of genius to offer the part season ticket with the Juve match for €100. Total bargain too when you consider that a 'premium' seat for that glorified kick-about in Lansdowne is the exact same price.

A ticket to a competitive match versus Juventus, a ticket for the Dublin derby, and a ticket for 7 other home games for a hundred quid. Makes a mockery of that nonsense in Landsdowne.

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    The UCD match has been postponed. From my understanding the office will be open today from 1pm. The shop definetly is so just pop down there they will have the forms. Fill it out. Give it to them or at the office. And your done. My advice would be to try do this as early a possable. Because the place will be crowed from about 6.30. Refreshment and Hooperman to be in attendance.

Cheers for the help 'antoSRFC' and 'Alive and Kicking'. Bought my ticket just there. Have to go back tomorrow to pick up my ticket though which is a bit of a pain but anyhow.

I think the season offer was a very good idea, hope all goes well on the top. The atmosphere could be quality if a decent amount of juve ultras attend.

Cheers for the help. Bought my ticket just there. Have to go back tomorrow to pick up my ticket though.

I think the season offer was a very good idea, hope all goes well on the top. The atmosphere could be quality if a decent amount of juve ultras attend.
    Good man, make sure you come back for a few of the other games at least. vs. Bohs is unmissable.

100% definately going to be on RTE, there'll be confirmation this evening. Streamed worldwide too.

Edit - Confirmed now http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0726/shamrockrovers_juventus_on_rte.html

Golden ticket secured!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Cheers for the help 'antoSRFC' and 'Alive and Kicking'. Bought my ticket just there. Have to go back tomorrow to pick up my ticket though which is a bit of a pain but anyhow.

in fairness to the rovers fans there could be fcukall juve there and the atmosphere would still be quality.

Tickets sitting beside me. :D

• Advertisement

Out of the 4 queues I was in the 1501-2200 or whatever. The blonde lady. God it was ten times slower than the two queues either side me. Very poor handling of the situation by the club today. Relieved to get my tickets. I thought I was early coming for 5.30 but thankfully I did.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Out of the 4 queues I was in the 1501-2200 or whatever. The blonde lady. God it was ten times slower than the two queues either side me. Very poor handling of the situation by the club today. Relieved to get my tickets. I thought I was early coming for 5.30 but thankfully I did.

Good stroke by the club to split into four lines. From what I could see a few people appeared to be giving dog ate my homework excuses to the sellers and holding people up.

The club volunteers made sure all the tickets went to us and not the barstoolers and the people were there tonight at very short notice.

A little inconvenience shouldn't be a hassle.

I just feel it could've been made run a lot smoother. But you're right. Most important thing is that all Hoops that were at Tolka on a Sunday afternoon against Kilkenny City for example were looked after.

I may have a spare adult ticket depending on whether my brother's able to come on Thursday night. If it's up for grabs it'll be at face value to a genuine Hoop and not a one-timer.

I am not letting this piece of printed cardboard/paper out of my sight...

I walked up at 8.45 pm expecting to be one of the last few...found out about the members' queue and had my ticket by 8.50. Have heard some stories about 2 hour queues and the queue starting up at 6pm :eek:

dfx- wrote: »
    I am not letting this piece of printed cardboard/paper out of my sight...

I walked up at 8.45 pm expecting to be one of the last few...found out about the members' queue and had my ticket by 8.50. Have heard some stories about 2 hour queues and the queue starting up at 6pm :eek:
    Before that. I got there at 5.30 and it was already in the hundreds.

found out about the members' queue and had my ticket by 8.50. Have heard some stories about 2 hour queues and the queue starting up at 6pm :eek:

Thankfully I was in Tallaght and headed down about six so only waited an hour or so. Did they open up a members queue later on? Good call.

• Advertisement

Was working so got my aul lad to pick mine up. I'll have to get him a bottle of Jameson or something now.

stovelid wrote: »
    Thankfully I was in Tallaght and headed down about six so only waited an hour or so. Did they open up a members queue later on? Good call.

Yeah, it was around at the players' entrance and the office there at the other side of the shop. Literally seconds wait.

The back of the queue was still where the old away turnstiles used to be when I arrived. Still I'd say a couple of hundred people left when I left at 9.15pm

Yeah, it was around at the players' entrance and the office there at the other side of the shop. Literally seconds wait.

The back of the queue was still where the old away turnstiles used to be when I arrived. Still I'd say a couple of hundred people left when I left at 9.15pm
    That's commitment. Hopefully they all got sorted.

:eek::eek:

5df173ecdb021d2512bc2dcd9ab6bd800159ad4d05.jpg

3f0deb95c982d1c0162cc1a5d1e800043ecf1bb857.jpg

(From the Ultras forum)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fookin ell, they doin a two-for-one special on 6-packs of Dutchy? :D

Thought I'd get in there before someone not from Talleh does so... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Jesus, fair ****s to the volenteers manning the ticket sales.

Did you see the article in the Irish Times about the game. ML was interviewed at length and used the word barstoolers... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Is it pointless heading out to tallagh looking for a ticket? Sounds like there's none left.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Is it pointless heading out to tallagh looking for a ticket? Sounds like there's none left.

The club will issue a news update on ticket availability for general sale on Tuesday around midday.

The season ticket offer here is still available to guarantee a Juve ticket along with Rovers' seven game league run-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I think the season ticket offer above is still available, but you'd want to be quick I'd say. Outside of that offer, I'd say there is very little chance of any more going on general sale.

EDIT: Super furry got there before me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The club will issue a news update on ticket availability for general sale on Tuesday around midday.

The season ticket offer here is still available to guarantee a Juve ticket along with Rovers' seven game league run-in.

Saw that. I'm a shels fan, so the mini season ticket doesn't appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

jeazis that's savage value - the run in has some potentially entertaining fixtures too. . .obviously i hope there is a slip up or two in there :D

good luck on thursday, lads

Saw that. I'm a shels fan, so the mini season ticket doesn't appeal.

There will be an announcement of any going on general sale on shamrockrovers.ie around midday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement