Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

CiaranC wrote: »
    There will be an announcement of any going on general sale on shamrockrovers.ie around midday.

I've been refreshing that page for 40 minute now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Due to overwhelming demand from Shamrock Rovers club members and season ticket holders, there will be no public sale of match tickets for the game against Juventus.

The capacity limit of the Stadium has been taken up between club members, season ticket holders, sponsors and travelling fans from Italy. We regret that we cannot offer more tickets to satisfy the obvious demand that is out there for this match.

There is a limited availability of season tickets, detailed here, that guarantee a Juve ticket along with Rovers' seven game league run-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Season ticket offer ain't bad.

Juve ticket included and the Bohs game will be a cracker, and probably sell out as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

If you go to all of the home games under that offer, you're essentially getting a free pass to the Juve match.

Fair enough, think its the norm nowadays to include tickets for a good game in a package with smaller games. I would have been supporting juve anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Great stuff. All home tickets going to rovers supporters and none to event junkies. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any of yous know anything about a Conor Murphy who plays for your A team? Under18 Irish international striker who started a few of your Leinster Senior Cup matches including the one against us. Ex-Middlesboro player.

Pity lansdowne wasn't finished a month earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Pity lansdowne wasn't finished a month earlier

dont think rovers would have played it there anyway. i hate rovers with a passion but the decision even if they had no choice to hold it in tallaght is a good one imo. they havent had a home in over 20 years so why move a fixture like this out of the ground after struggling and nearly dying to get there in the first place.

the way i look at it look after yer own fans first!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Plus there's no chance that the FAI would have their meaningless 'showcase' kick about upstaged by a proper game of football.

major bill wrote: »
    dont think rovers would have played it there anyway. i hate rovers with a passion but the decision even if they had no choice to hold it in tallaght is a good one imo. they havent had a home in over 20 years so why move a fixture like this out of the ground after struggling and nearly dying to get there in the first place.

the way i look at it look after yer own fans first!!!
    6,000 x €30 = €180,000
    50,000 x €30 = €1,500,000
    They might say otherwise, but if the option was there I reckon they would move.
    Plus there's no chance that the FAI would have their meaningless 'showcase' kick about upstaged by a proper game of football.
    Slightly scary that game looks like its sold out. I was hoping about 7,000 tickets would have been sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

6,000 x €30 = €180,000
    They might say otherwise, but if the option was there I reckon they would move.

It's not all about the money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

1.5m - I presume vastly increased matchday costs and possible stadium hire costs

And there's more chance of Shels fans recognising Fingal as a valid club than getting a guaranteed 50,000 attendance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

6,000 x €30 = €180,000
    They might say otherwise, but if the option was there I reckon they would move
    How much do you think the FAI would charge to rent Landsdowne.

There was no interest in our club for a move. The buzz generated in Tallaght will be worth more than a oneoff payday. We are looking to build for the future.

I'd rather see the club put even deeper long-term roots in Tallaght rather than a once-off cash-grab in another location. You won't get a chance like this for a long time. The coverage alone has been with a fortune and the game is the talk of Tallaght, as Rovers have been since they moved there. I saw one or two faces from Tallaght in the queue (and also at games) that I haven't seen since I was a kid. And a decent amount of money (that wasn't budgeted for) has already been made from the TV rights and competition money anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Picked up my ticket today at 13.15. Had an hour wait in a queue or so... Could have been maybe been run a little smoother perhaps but I don't care. Can't wait for this match should be epic.

The Season Ticket + Juve match offer was sold out by about 13.00 with me about 15 people down the queue so I'm well chuffed I headed out to Tallaght yesterday.

Not letting this ticket out of my sight now!

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Picked up my ticket today at 13.15. Had an hour wait in a queue or so... Could have been maybe been run a little smoother perhaps but I don't care. Can't wait for this match should be epic.

The Season Ticket + Juve match offer was sold out by about 13.00 with me about 15 people down the queue so I'm well chuffed I headed out to Tallaght yesterday.

Not letting this ticket out of my sight now!

Benvenuti all'Irlanda e, auspicabilmente avete un buon tempo sul vostro viaggio qui.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Good grief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Says it all really 'I was there the last time Juventus played in Ireland against Athlone Town'.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dfx- wrote: »
    1.5m - I presume vastly increased matchday costs and possible stadium hire costs

And there's more chance of Shels fans recognising Fingal as a valid club than getting a guaranteed 50,000 attendance
    Hahaha excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Walsh wrote: »
    Says it all really 'I was there the last time Juventus played in Ireland against Athlone Town'.....

Its annoys me how people are allowed on TV and just talk shite and get away with it. Like they clearly dont have a clue what they were on about it. Same with RTE a few of their radio stations are incredable. Like who wants to listen to their clueless opinions!!:mad:

Sorry rant over. Roll on Thursday. It should be something special alright.

Any of yous know anything about a Conor Murphy who plays for your A team? Under18 Irish international striker who started a few of your Leinster Senior Cup matches including the one against us. Ex-Middlesboro player.

No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No?

Used to play for Kevins. Was lightning quick two years ago so I doubt he lost it. Very surprised Rovers let him go.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Used to play for Kevins. Was lightning quick two years ago so I doubt he lost it. Very surprised Rovers let him go.

Nothing I didn't know there Ben.:D

No?

Rovers' performance in that game probably didn't help, but it's a no from me anyways. Definitely wasn't upfront in the game, so maybe a bit unfair to judge - Twigg and Barrett/Stewart were upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I see the rovers website asks supporters to arrive early. Not to sound stupid how early is 'early'?

What time would you be heading to the stadium?

I see the rovers website asks supporters to arrive early. Not to sound stupid how early is 'early'?

What time would you be heading to the stadium?
    Depends how long it takes to get a beer in the pub across the road.

I like to be in the ground half an hour before kick off. Every other Rovers fan seems to arrive together with 30 seconds to the whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Apparently David Trezeguet left Tallaght Stadium with an icepack on his knee today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Apparently David Trezeguet left Tallaght Stadium with an icepack on his knee today.
    Robert Bayly no doubt.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Robert Bayly no doubt.

Been well-behaved for us so far. Wonder was his problem with Bucko? That's a cue for him to get a red tomorrow....

20-30 minutes is grand. Only because on big nights, people may stay in the pub and all turn up at the last minute. Less if you're in the West Stand. If you're in the East Stand, it's the more hardcore stand while the West if the seated, more sedate one although on a night like tomorrow... :) In the East Stand. the crowd tends to bunch up around the middle where the Ultras are so be prepared to stand if you want to go there as you'll not see much sat down.

The away fans (that is, from Italy) will be in the Square end of the West Stand.

Enjoy the night and come back for some more of the games on your mini season ticket. If you do, post here if you want to meet a few people for a beer to get you settled in.

stovelid wrote: »
    The away fans (that is, from Italy) will be in the Square end of the West Stand.

What kind of segregation do you reckon there'll be?

What kind of segregation do you reckon there'll be?

Never been in the section. I'm sure others here have. For Bohs and Pats, there is usually an empty block of seats (just in front of the camera which always makes the place look empty) between the section and the rest of the west stand with access blocked between both stands. The away section has its own jacks and grub.

No clue about tomorrow but I assume the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hah my mate's Facebook status is:

You know you're in Rovers territory, when 3 Juventus players and the coach walk into the brother's gym fully kitted out for a session and not one person gives them a second glance!

stovelid wrote: »
    Never been in the section. I'm sure others here have. For Bohs and Pats, there is usually an empty block of seats (just in front of the camera which always makes the place look empty) between the section and the rest of the west stand with access blocked between both stands. The away section has its own jacks and grub.

No clue about tomorrow but I assume the same.

I've been there as a Galway United fan. I imagine it'll be different for Juve though. :P

Edit - that link in your sig made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Usually for lower key big games i.e. not Pats or Bohs, it's some of that netting stuff over a few columns of seats. I'd say tomorrow those seats have a price and name on them, so maybe a line of stewards instead.

18 hours...

dfx- wrote: »
    18 hours...

Heading out in afternoon.

Forecast for day: messy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

A barbeque tomorrow evening would be made unbeliavably sweeter if Rovers make a good acount of themselves on the pitch.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Best of luck to Rovers tonight, from a Galway United fan.

I'll be roarin for yis ;)

Yee cheatin bastards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

rovers coach found with 70,000 worth of coke ?

Sarge wrote: »

I think 4 + 6 + 2 = 12. Otherwise, little else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Bring. On. Juven-tus!

Predicting a shock 1-0 win for rovers. Dan murray header from a corner. :pac:

We are rovers, super rovers....

I also predict much alcohol.

Bring. On. Juven-tus!

Predicting a shock 1-0 win for rovers. Dan murray header from a corner. :pac:

We are rovers, super rovers....

I also predict much alcohol.

and coke ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Is it sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Irrelevant, small time attempt to take the club off the high it's on tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think it's a story that was reported almost a month ago about someone who was not involved with the senior team and has no bearing at all on Shamrock Rovers Football Club. I think the timing of your interest in the issue and question is curious too.

I think it's a story that was reported almost a month ago about someone who was no involved with the senior team and has no bearing at all on Shamrock Rovers Football Club.

Makes it worst if he was involved with the kids/youth set up doesn't it ? Anyway onwards and upwards i think all of Ireland will be hoping that Rovers don't do a Dundalk :-)

Makes it worst if he was involved with the kids/youth set up doesn't it ?

What exactly are you insinuating here? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement