Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

stovelid wrote: »
    What exactly are you insinuating here? :confused:

The previous poster made the point of clearly stating that he wasn't involved with the senior team , I stated that having a coke dealer in charge of a youth set-up/team isnt exactly anyway better is it ? Anyway I'm not here to have a slagging match about this , because there is no getting away from the facts of this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sarge wrote: »
    I stated that having a coke dealer in charge of a youth set-up/team isnt exactly anyway better is it ? .

How would anybody know what the guy was doing in his personal life until he got caught? Unless you're implying otherwise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

The previous poster made the point of clearly stating that he wasn't involved with the senior team , I stated that having a coke dealer in charge of a youth set-up/team isnt exactly anyway better is it ? Anyway I'm not here to have a slagging match about this , because there is no getting away from the facts of this case.
    All LOI clubs and clubs across grassroots levels depend on volunteers to help out with the development of youngsters. It's unfortunate this happened but it's no fault of the club's given that they can't exactly turn away volunteers, anyway, he'll most likely not have anything to do with the club again.

In circumstances where this is the biggest night for the club in years, your timing of posting this and overall motive in bringing it up is really pathetic.

kerash wrote: »
    Is it sold out?
    Yeah indeed it is.

How would anybody know what the guy was doing in his personal life until he got caught? Unless you're implying otherwise?

Of course im not implying otherwise. Unless you know something the rest of us dont ? see how questions can be easily turned to actually mask the post.Fact is that €70,000 worth of Cocaine was found on a coach of Shamrock rovers youths/kids kitchen table.

Here is a question though , I mean this sincerely and no other motive for it. When you work with kids do you have to get a background check done ? If the gardai are using surveillance on you do they announce this in the background check ?

Reason for the question is the Gardai who found the coke didn't exactly just call up for tea and biscuits. And if they were aware of this man's actions why on earth did they not contact shamrock rovers fc ?

I sincerely wish rovers the best tonight and i for one will be cheering them on.

Voltwad wrote: »
    All LOI clubs and clubs across grassroots levels depend on volunteers to help out with the development of youngsters. It's unfortunate this happened but it's no fault of the club's given that they can't exactly turn away volunteers, anyway, he'll most likely not have anything to do with the club again.

In circumstances where this is the biggest night for the club in years, your timing of posting this and overall motive in bringing it up is really pathetic.

It only came to my attention today via another forum , and i thought I'd ask rovers fans on boards about it. I didn't realise that there was a time frame on boards about posting on news articles. Must stick that in my moderator memo.

:rolleyes:

You're fooling nobody, Mr. Green Eyed Monster sir.

I mean this sincerely and no other motive for .

Bollocks.

Wouldn't have taken you for the bitter sort, Sarge. Maybe that's what the last few week's football humiliation does for you?

IMust stick that in my moderator memo.

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

It only came to my attention today via another forum
    Of course it did, yeah

Looking forward to the Maldron tonight. I had a dream that we lost nine nil :(

Bollocks.

Wouldn't have taken you for the bitter sort, Sarge. Maybe that's what the last few week's football humiliation does for you?

??

Ok lads you got me , lets all cover our eyes and ears about this story then and just cheer on rovers.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »
    Of course it did, yeah

I hope not , Dundalk style :-(

Yeah, I've been sweating on it too. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I had an "animated discussion" yesterday in college about whether Juventus scoring early would be a good thing for Rovers.

Point 1. That's stupid, go away.

Point 2. Rovers will have nothing to lose and play better

Where I reverted to point 1 again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Irrelevant, small time attempt to take the club off the high it's on tbh.

Is that a pun?:D

Is that a pun?:D
    Freudian slip :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Irrelevant, small time attempt to take the club off the high it's on tbh.

Well i laughed :D

0-0 tonight 9-1 thats were my moneys going.

///Damn you gavin!!!!

To think a few years ago Seán O'Connor and Twigg were rejected by Pats in what must've been their lowest point in their glittering careers.

Now they're preparing for Juventus. Very noble of Pats to let them go for the greater good. :cool:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Well i laughed :D

///Damn you gavin!!!!

Ironic because you're a Pats fan.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

There's always one that tries to put a Dampner on a big event in Irish football, always!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

hard one to predict this one, first competitive game in charge for the juve manager and they still in pre-season rovers buzzing over last week i reckon it will be tight, nil all most likely result but i wouldnt write off a 1nil just dont know for who yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

major bill wrote: »
    hard one to predict this one, first competitive game in charge for the juve manager and they still in pre-season rovers buzzing over last week i reckon it will be tight, nil all most likely result but i wouldnt write off a 1nil just dont know for who yet.

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Best of luck to Rovers tonight, hope they make you proud and do your supporters the world of good and LOI proud. Although my boyhood club are playing 2nite, I will be watching Rovers as a avid Youths man, think our man will be up in Tallaght 2nite the game, Mick Wallace of course.

Come on Rovers!!!

Seriously?

nil all written all over it and i dont believe this is impossible,look at shels and deportivo if the fans get on juves back then why not.

nil all written all over it and i dont believe this is impossible,look at shels and deportivo if the fans get on juves back then why not.

I want Rovers to do well and, as you say, it's definitely not impossible but surely Juve are big favourites.

I want Rovers to do well and, as you say, it's definitely not impossible but surely Juve are big favourites.

ah yea dont get me wrong they are but for some reason it has nil all written all over it and usually im right, we will see anyway i hope im wrong and juve win:pac::P

• Advertisement

1/5 on Boylesports.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

ah yea dont get me wrong they are but for some reason it has nil all written all over it and usually im right, we will see anyway i hope im wrong and juve win:pac::P

I have a feeling for a nil all draw too for some reason. Really hope not though.

Don't think Juve will fancy this tie at all. A lot of pressure on a team that hasn't performed at all close to what was expected of it last season.

Had a dream that Rovers nicked a goal, although it wasn't the final score.... woke up before it ended...

Rovers' best chance of scoring is probably from a set piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I dont have a local LOI team but I always like to see Irish teams do well for the sake of the domestic game. I hope Rovers and their fans enjoy the next week no matter what the result is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

What's all this nil all draw buisness?

Are we delusional?

Shams are going to get hammered ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

All the best tonight lads. And who knows, maybe sneak it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

match thread?

ntlbell wrote: »
    What's all this nil all draw buisness?

Are we delusional?

Shams are going to get hammered ffs.

why?? cos its juve cop on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

No, it's cos Bohs got absolutely raped last week.

baz2009 wrote: »
    No, it's cos Bohs got absolutely raped last week.

anyone that knows football and seen Tns would know 9 time out of 10 bohs would beat them,some players had an off day with the bonus row in the back of their heads its unfair to compare rovers with that game.
    if rovers get beaten 3 nil they get beaten its hardly to be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

As a Juve and Shels fan I have to support Juve in this one, normally I'd be shouting for the LoI teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

sometimes playing against a quality team can actually bring on your own performance and playing against poor oppotition can have a negative effect.
    ok, this is not always the case but more so than not

anyone that knows football and seen Tns would know 9 time out of 10 bohs would beat them,some players had an off day with the bonus row in the back of their heads its unfair to compare rovers with that game.
    if rovers get beaten 3 nil they get beaten its hardly to be expected.

I wasn't having a go at you or anything, I was just giving an explanation as to why ntlbell is in a pissy mood.:)

I wasn't having a go at you or anything, I was just giving an explanation as to why ntlbell is in a pissy mood.:)

knew that:cool: just explaining it meself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

syngindub wrote: »
    sometimes playing against a quality team can actually bring on your own performance and playing against poor oppotition can have a negative effect.
    ok, this is not always the case but more so than not

Yep, juve have a nasty habit of not lowering their standard against smaller teams. Unfortunately for juve fans, the players seem to think everyone is a smaller team! Bring back Moggi!

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Yep, juve have a nasty habit of not lowering their standard against smaller teams. Unfortunately for juve fans, the players seem to think everyone is a smaller team! Bring back Moggi!

Juve fans are being very cocky and obnoxious about it themselves.

n.

Not because it's juve, because it's the reality of the situation

lol

not in a pissy mood at all, well i am, but i would have said the same thing if it was boh's.

just realistic that's all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Juve fans are being very cocky and obnoxious about it themselves.

How So?

As a Juve fan I have to apologise for that idiot Pepe losing the head, none of us like him, and as you plainly saw he's a muck player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    How So?

As a Juve fan I have to apologise for that idiot Pepe losing the head, none of us like him, and as you plainly saw he's a muck player.

Are you from Turin? Do you go to the game? Why had yous no fans there? What happened to your allocation?

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    How So?

One or two on the Rovers forum talking absolute horse shíte and one of them posted a link to a Juve forum, where they were 'congratulating' us before the game had even started, basically 6 pages of pure condescending shíte "Oh it's such an honour for them to play Juve".:rolleyes:

One or two on the Rovers forum talking absolute horse shíte and one of them posted a link to a Juve forum, where they were 'congratulating' us before the game had even started, basically 6 pages of pure condescending shíte "Oh it's such an honour for them to play Juve".:rolleyes:

Was it J1887 or VS?

To be honest, yes I did feel confident about the game, I never thought Rovers had a chance, I knew it was 11 v 11 and that they'd give us a difficult physical game but I 'knew' that Juve would win.

Had Delneri used different players and tactics it could have been 5 or 6-0 imo, still though, hats off the Rovers.

Same Old Juve, Always Cheating :D

Are you from Turin? Do you go to the game? Why had yous no fans there? What happened to your allocation?

Nah I'm Irish and I can't tell you why there were so few fans, Juve normally have hug away support. My only Guess would be that a lot of the fans just weren't arsed due to the horror show of last season and won't start going until the board sign some decent players (Motta excluded).

In fairness, they were initially responding to the welcome on Rovers' website abot Juve being the most prestigious Italian club and I think Rice saying if someone scored they'd be a hero. They certainly didn't react well to Bayly or the Juve cheating chant :D

Different players...how far off was that from the strongest possible side? Not including players in isolation by choice of Del Neri. I can't think of too many others.

• Advertisement

VS

Advertisement