Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just watched it again on Setanta, we really were very good. Dan Murray is fast going from zero to hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

CiaranC wrote: »
    Just watched it again on Setanta, we really were very good. Dan Murray is fast going from zero to hero.

What did it sound like crowd-wise?

Murray has made mistakes, especially judging high balls but he's done more than enough for me in the past, albeit perhaps not enough to displace Sives or Price or be captain. His recent form has been really excellent though and he more than deserves his place.

It sounded fantastic. All the broadcasters seem to set up their mics facing the east stand and catch the atmosphere really well. The last two TV matches really are great adverts for the club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    Murray has made mistakes, especially judging high balls but he's done more than enough for me in the past, albeit perhaps not enough to displace Sives or Price or be captain. His recent form has been really excellent though and he more than deserves his place.

Murray is stuck or has been stuck between arriving at Rovers as captain and a decent wage. He also had a huge reputation..and got a lot of the abuse around May/June

I've been fairly happy with him, though I thought Danny Murphy had been doing better until Bray..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

4q520k.png
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

took yas long enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Mon the hoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Awesome

• Advertisement

Deadly craic up at the Hunky Dory. This is turning into as memorable a run of final games as last year.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    took yas long enough :(

Something else for Pete to complain about :D

Looks even better now that Sligo won 4-0..

235-01.gif

Still a lot of football to be played and there's still a few twists and turns but we seem to be hitting our stride just at the right time. The depth of the squad will be crucial in the next month or so.

Dear Jaysus,

I know I haven't been around much since my confo, but if you could arrange for us to:

a) Leather Sligo by more than 3 goals at Tallaght

b) Clinch the title at Dalyer

I promise to:

a) believe in you and your Da again

b) not care if we ever win the title again in my lifetime

KOH

Stovelid.

That's really not that much to ask for...I would've added a Fenn winner in Oriel in the only game that Dundalk really care about for the season...

In return for attending Mass forever and ever..

• Advertisement

How do you have 3 home games in a row?

Edited...

Its an FAI conspiracy to ensure the model club win the league

So Tommy Stewart can get rested up for youse. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Great couple of days work v Bray and the students, some super play/goals and good crowds at both, fair enough not the best teams in the league but seem to be turning on the style a bit now, into the last series and i don't know how my nerves will hold out but one game at a time, we're in a great position, just need to keep it up.

• Advertisement

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Great couple of days work v Bray and the students, some super play/goals and good crowds at both, fair enough not the best teams in the league but seem to be turning on the style a bit now, into the last series and i don't know how my nerves will hold out but one game at a time, we're in a great position, just need to keep it up.
    7500 punters through the gates in one weekend, its mad really. Might have taken us a month to match that number in Tolka

So Tommy Stewart can get rested up for youse. :)

It fine we will get him suspended for somfin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

just wondering about the cup game tomorrow night?many of ye coming down?like what you reckon will be the travelling support? looking forward to being fenced in again?:P!

its the cup,anything can happen!! we have 4 or 5 of yer lads playing for us on loan who have got clearance to play tomorrow night,so heres hoping they burst their bollix trying to impress and inspire a home win!!

LTFC

flas wrote: »
    just wondering about the cup game tomorrow night?many of ye coming down?like what you reckon will be the travelling support? looking forward to being fenced in again?:P!

its the cup,anything can happen!! we have 4 or 5 of yer lads playing for us on loan who have got clearance to play tomorrow night,so heres hoping they burst their bollix trying to impress and inspire a home win!!

LTFC
    I reckon 500-700 will travel. I wont be one of them, in work myself.

Would be nice if our fans were treated with a bit of respect this time

Respect is earned not given ;)

Respect is earned not given ;)

Just ban us or would your coffers be able to handle that?

LTFC

Hopefully cam make it but reliant on babysitter.

Would be nice if clubs started treating their biggest gate of the season with something approaching respect for once.

Be nice to see Don in action. Is he getting his game down there?

Would be nice if clubs started treating their biggest fate of the season with something approaching respect for once.

Again with the respect thing, your fans wrecked the place the last time they were there. Why in the name of jebus would the people who run Longford think anything has changed.

Has the model club forgot the last time they were in Longford? Good luck getting a pint.

My eldest will babysit for you tenner an hour :pac: plus something from the fridge, preferably coke :D

Again with the respect thing, your fans wrecked the place the last time they were there. Why in the name of jebus would the people who run Longford think anything has changed.:

I can name other clubs that have pulled up seats this season if you want. Indeed the SDCC could tell you a few stories about our away end.

Longford are getting like the sillage heads in Sligo and Dundalk.

just smashing glasses in pubs in tarmon and fu*king glasses out onto a main road doesnt exactly bode well for the vast majority of rovers fans,and acting the **** trying to get down to an end of the ground that is actually closed off and for insurance purposes no one is ever allowd sit into it except a steward doesnt exactly bode well for the vast majority of yer fans either! as someone already said respect is earned not just granted! would be alot easier if the rovers fans got rid of the nacks with tucked in tracky bottoms but sher rovers fans know this themselves!

ye will be happy to know that the FAI is providing the stewards for the rovers end tomorrow night so no complaints can come back at the club!

by the way,just having a look at the srfc ultras forum, the stuff said on there about longford being a kip is funny when consider tallaght is the 2nd dirtest town in the country!

LTFC, more succesful than the great shamrock rovers in this century! and the facts dont lie! :P

hope its a cracker of a real cup match with the underdogs coming out on top! tomorrow night is our cup final!

Out of genuine interest and not trying to start something but what are Longford's average crowds like?

The Model club should win this comfortably enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Out of genuine interest and not trying to start something but what are Longford's average crowds like?

The Model club should win this comfortably enough.

Longford Town attendance:
    Avg 231
    Min 100
    Max 400

our crowds are gone to **** to be honest!rovers are the envy of the whole of the league of Ireland in this regard and the crowds they have been getting has to be commended,fantastic work being done since the move to tallaght! if only everyone else could catch up it would be great! on a goood night we would have 600 or 700,thats a very very good night,bad night,250!usually around the bad night number unfortunatly! :(

our crowds are gone to **** to be honest!rovers are the envy of the whole of the league of Ireland in this regard and the crowds they have been getting has to be commended,fantastic work being done since the move to tallaght! if only everyone else could catch up it would be great! on a goood night we would have 600 or 700,thats a very very good night,bad night,250!usually around the bad night number unfortunatly! :(

Jesus them bandwagoners have well and truly left the building, tomorrow night should be a few quid for yas so if nothing else, although with the split of the gate maybe not so much!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just get your board to moan at them, that's what ours done and we were actually allowed out of the fencing this season.:rolleyes:

to be honest that fencing is a fcuking joke, basically its there since the setanta cup matches against linfield and its like someone in the hierachy was walking around the place one day,seen it there and goes,i spent a couple of hundred euro on that chicken wire and metal polls and we aren't using it anymore,lets lock up some opposing fans in it! stupid decision in every sense of the word!

the bandwagoners are well and truely gone, unless there is a chance of a big piss up they wont be back either, more interest in the legends game that is happening soon in flancare than in this match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

to be honest that fencing is a fcuking joke, basically its there since the setanta cup matches against linfield and its like someone in the hierachy was walking around the place one day,seen it there and goes,i spent a couple of hundred euro on that chicken wire and metal polls and we aren't using it anymore,lets lock up some opposing fans in it! stupid decision in every sense of the word!

the bandwagoners are well and truely gone, unless there is a chance of a big piss up they wont be back either, more interest in the legends game that is happening soon in flancare than in this match!

I was going to head to Longford tonight but this talk about the facilities/fencing etc has put me right off. Don't think I'll bother. What's the entrance fee?

Longford are getting like the sillage heads in Sligo and Dundalk.

Longford caught the disease long before Sligo..Sligo were safely in the FD while Longford were at it circa 2004/5.

Pulling up seats at a pre-season friendly?

dfx- wrote: »

Pulling up seats at a pre-season friendly?

I didn't mean we did. I don't know what incidents were being referred to in the other posts.

I just meant that seat-breaking sprung to mind as examples of other clubs misbehaving and it not being picked up on.

I was referring to dreamers75 saying it about seats the last time Rovers played there...I doubt there was that many fans there to wreck anything :)

Rovers have a habit through the years of slipping up outside the Pale in the cup.

Athlone, Waterford, Dundalk, Limerick in the league cup semi final..

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Rovers have a habit through the years of slipping up outside the Pale in the cup.

Athlone, Waterford, Dundalk, Limerick in the league cup semi final..

Was thinking of that myself this morning, though remember that great turn around in Athlone during the 1st Division season, what a night! Still though i think we'll do it tonight, anyone know for sure whether our players on loan are not allowed to feature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Was thinking of that myself this morning, though remember that great turn around in Athlone during the 1st Division season, what a night! Still though i think we'll do it tonight, anyone know for sure whether our players on loan are not allowed to feature?

Players who go out on loan are allowed to feature, the only reason they wouldn't would be because of a gentlemen agreement. There is no law in league rules to say they can't play, because you are simply transferring his registration to another club.

Was thinking of that myself this morning, though remember that great turn around in Athlone during the 1st Division season, what a night!

Yeah, that game was a prime example...Athlone were whipping boys for Rovers home and away in the league that year and yet I still remember being at the game, Rovers should've been beaten 3-0.

Athlone had a shot crawling across the line which hit both posts with 10 minutes left at 1-0...and Rovers got away with it...

Having said that, Rovers should win easily :)

God talk about leaving a game behind... 3 peno shouts, well at least 2 were clear cut absolute stone wall peno's and hit the up right! was a good game, dont think i have ever heard the rovers supporters so quiet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

See Bohs are trying to get Rovers fans to fork out €20 to be housed in the Connaught terrace for the game in a few weeks time :pac:

Voltwad wrote: »
    See Bohs are trying to get Rovers fans to fork out €20 to be housed in the Connaught terrace for the game in a few weeks time :pac:

Did the same last time and were told where to go, can only presume they'll get the same response this time around.

Anyway that's miles off, can't wait for Sligo on Friday, hopefully Podge has moved on by then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Of course Bohs asking us €20 to stand on that death trap is absolute fine and nothing compared to the shock threatment that they constantly complain about in Tallaght.

I really hope they won't engage in childish tit-for-tat and mete out the treatment on us that they get in Tallaght: making the stand structurally secure, providing toilets and access to food. That would just be petty and mean. :(

That stand should be condemned, asking anyone to pay €20 to risk life and limb there is a joke.

Galway at home in the cup, that'll do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement