Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Can't wait for the final haul. Really tough game this Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

That stand should be condemned, asking anyone to pay €20 to risk life and limb there is a joke.

What's wrong with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What's wrong with it?

Lack of all services in the stand. It's a smelly fcuking dive of a stand.

So, no bar or toilet = deathtrap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Is it not a human right to have available access to toilets?

Holding on for the duration of a match isnt going to kill you in all fairness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So why can't other fans be put in it if it's safe...

dfx- wrote: »
    So why can't other fans be put in it if it's safe...

I dont understand your question, Im asking out of genuine curiousity. I cant see how not having toilets and a bar makes a stand a hazard to your health, short of someone slipping and falling in someones piss.

The Connaught St terrace is deemed structurally unsafe and not to be used, except Rovers..Pats and Shels in recent games have been in the Des Kelly Stand.

If it's not safe for 2 Salthill fans, why is it safe for 500 Rovers fans

Oh ok, thanks. Iv just done a little search and found a bohs forum saying that only the scumbag fans are put there, maybe thats the answer youre looking for ;)
    Apparently the stand was deemed unsafe and they had an engineer in to do a repot on it. Do you know if thats been made available to read?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Eh..the Connaught stand has access to toilets. The way the Council stadium has access to a few portaloos for the away fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Connaught St terrace is deemed structurally unsafe and not to be used, except Rovers..Pats and Shels in recent games have been in the Des Kelly Stand.

If it's not safe for 2 Salthill fans, why is it safe for 500 Rovers fans

The only reason it is allow to be used is due to Garda instruction.;)

Sure if they put yous in the Des Kelly yous would be giving out that there's not enough tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Sure if they put yous in the Des Kelly yous would be giving out that there's not enough tickets!

and bohs would be giving out that there are more away fans than home fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Guards wont let Rovers fans in the shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bohsman wrote: »
    Guards wont let Rovers fans in the shed.

Or what passes for Guards over in that part of the city.

stovelid wrote: »
    Hopefully the league will be over by the time we go to Dalymount. Then they could just show the game in the Glenmalure Suite, we can all go there, pay a few quid in and deprive Bohs of the needed funds.

The only reason it is allow to be used is due to Garda instruction.;)

So the Gardai must think it's safe - I'd love to see Fitzgibbon St explain that if anything went wrong..

I'd wager that the shed is safer for a crowd - maybe harder to police, but of course nobody doubts the ability of the police force to take on the challenge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

So the Gardai must think it's safe - I'd love to see Fitzgibbon St explain that if anything went wrong..

I'd wager that the shed is safer for a crowd - maybe harder to police, but of course nobody doubts the ability of the police force to take on the challenge...

id agree with the hoops on this, fitsgibbon street monkeys gards are a shambles if they done their job right they would put rovers in the shed end where there is access to food and portaloos then bohs could charge them the same price that they charge our own fans in.
    sure fitsgibbon street not only are responsible for 80 percent of the trouble with their bully tactics sending rival fans down to doyles corner where they clash head on but they have been known to break supporters arms in the past ie setanta cup final and baton people for been in the way they are a bigger mob of hooligans than both bohs and rovers together.

really does put me off football in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The difference between the policing of games in Tallaght and the Gypo camp is unbelievable. Well organised, level headed and even friendly Gardai in Tallaght compared to think-headed clumpers who are just looking for an excuse to wave their sticks about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

major bill wrote: »
    they are a bigger mob of hooligans than both bohs and rovers together.
    Agreed 100%. The contrast with Tallaght couldnt be greater, the Garda over here are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The difference between the policing of games in Tallaght and the Gypo camp is unbelievable. Well organised, level headed and even friendly Gardai in Tallaght compared to think-headed clumpers who are just looking for an excuse to wave their sticks about.

100% disagree with that, Setanta Cup final was a complete joke up there.

Between the event controller, stewards and inept gardai i was shocked only Bohs fans were hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

dreamers75 wrote: »
    100% disagree with that, Setanta Cup final was a complete joke up there.

Between the event controller, stewards and inept gardai i was shocked only Bohs fans were hurt.

the majority of gards that day were fitsgibbon street!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Our guards are better than yours" is a new low, they're all ****.

bohsman wrote: »
    Our guards are better than yours" is a new low, they're all ****.

They treat us pretty decently in Tallaght, unlike the robocops treat youse and us over in D7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

They treat us pretty decently in Tallaght

I can tell you they don't treat us like that.

Anyway, Bohsman is right. Arguing over who's cops are better......................................

• Advertisement

They treat us pretty decently in Tallaght, unlike the robocops treat youse and us over in D7.

A fair few times they show (feign) interest in the game even...asking in the line to cross the bypass afterwards about games coming up and the result. They are human with smiles and manners...:eek:

There's no argument, anto

I can tell you they don't treat us like that.

Anyway, Bohsman is right. Arguing over who's cops are better......................................

Whos arguing? We are just saying the cops are nice for our games. They are.

Kilmainham gaurds suck balls, treat people like animals and they will bite.

Must be weird for Rovers fans to be treated nice :D

Anyway, Bohsman is right. Arguing over who's cops
    are better......................................

Who's doing that?

The topic was policing at our respective grounds and I gave an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Kilmainham gaurds suck balls, treat people like animals and they will bite.

Must be weird for Rovers fans to be treated nice :D

Kilmainham guards are bang on, maybe not to you junkies but they're sound anytime they've been called to my shop.

• Advertisement

Our guards are better than your guards. No your's are robots, ours are people!

Right lads its coming time to drop the trousers and lets do this like men.

Well can we at least agree that our team is better than yours? :P

Massive win last night, with a great atmosphere. You could feel the goal coming in the second half with the players feeding off the crowd. Sligo might think themselves hard done-by after the shaded the first half, but at least it'll give them another chance to moan about us and MON and at the end of the day, that's what they really want.

The way the crowd picked up the atmospjere and the players visibly fed on it was fantastic.

The way the crowd picked up the atmospjere and the players visibly fed on it was fantastic.
    Yeah it was really something special. Hooperman's dance moves had me in stitches too :pac:

Sunday, 05 September 2010 08:52

The initial allocation of 1,380 tickets for the game away to St Pat's in Richmond Park next Friday sold out at Saturday's three hour sale window. The club expects to receive a further limited allocation of tickets which will go on sale at the club office on Tuesday to members and season ticket holders only. The game is also live on RTE2. Kick off is at 7.35pm. Please bring your membership card or season ticket when purchasing the tickets.

The club also has tickets for the following match away to Dundalk on Monday Sept 13th and these are available at the club office.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1598-st-pats-match-tickets-update

How many tickets per person?

I'm surprised it sold out that quickly..

Looking forward to Inchicore now, hopefully Pats can promote the game and get a good home crowd out

Thankfully got my ticket. Best craic ever is with my fellow hoops in the shed end :)

Jesus, never even got a chance to get one. Should be alright for Thursday though.

Went done and got one too. Hopefully everybody gets sorted. The ground will be rocking.

If it goes all the way to the wire, I can see ticket pain ahead for Belfield and the Carlisle.

• Advertisement

Jesus, never even got a chance to get one. Should be alright for Thursday though.
    I may have one spare. If I do then I'll let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

How many tickets per person?

I'm surprised it sold out that quickly..

No limit as far as i could see. How are you surprised? Absolutely massive game, can't wait.

Afaik i know you will be getting mroe tickets.

Lower end of Camac and part of the stand plus the shed.

€20,700 and counting :D

If yous had any sense youd plough the money into an advertising blitz or a discount ticket scheme and try to bring out 3000 yourselves. These are the sort of nights that make new LOI fans.

Rovers should register as a charity. Dispensing money to the football clubs of the country. :pac:

Looking forward to it. Hopefully a good home crowd too. The last few games in Richer have been excellent.

We will get our normal rovers crowd of around 2500, the kids that dont get brought (mine) are offset by the retards that show up twice a season.

Cant see us getting anything out of the match, our defending has been shocking since the break. Once we stay in the top 3 im happy.

Rovers should register as a charity. Dispensing money to the football clubs of the country. :pac:

New way of settling your debts ? :D

offset by the retards that show up twice a season.

we all have those. one lad i only ever see at rovers games when we are at home to bohs. An absolute scumbag and usually drunk as a skunk shouting the entire game "we f**kin hate bowez..." muppet.

Pats releasing another 200.

• Advertisement

Yep, just saw that - if they sell, I'd imagine they'll release another 200 on top of that too. Will be up there tomorrow.

Advertisement