Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yep, just saw that - if they sell, I'd imagine they'll release another 200 on top of that too. Will be up there tomorrow.

Dont think they can it will be pushing the segregation lines, atm you have packed out the end of of the ground. I forsee problems with Rovers fans buying tickets for the home and trying to squeeze into the away end.

Could get squishy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    No limit as far as i could see. How are you surprised? Absolutely massive game, can't wait.

If there's no limit I'm not surprised. Just that usually the tickets we get are enough/more than enough - even for Pats where there's always a big Rovers turnout. Like the 800 in Drogheda seems to have been enough, but I remember people giving out that it wasn't enough..

What's the supposed capacity of Richmond...I read somewhere (have no idea where) that is 5,000+. No way could you get 5,000 into that ground.. :)

2800 Seated.
    1000 in the shed
    1000 on the camac.

Have fit 5000 in there before (Celtic :rolleyes: Cork :D )

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2800 Seated.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If results keep going our way, we'd better start queuing outside the Bowl now...

• Advertisement

They could always just ask to build a stand on the far side...since the FAI are in on the conspiracy for Rovers to win the league, they'll agree and receive backing...

Not the greatest of grounds to win it if the stars and moon were to align like that..

But the chance to go to Dalymount as champions...

dfx- wrote: »
    But the chance to go to Dalymount as champions...

I have this idle daydream that we win the league and have the chance to do it at Dalyer so the home fans boycott the game and the Jodi is full of Rovers at the Bohs-over-the-barrel negotiated ticket price of a tenner.

*sigh*

I don't even like daydreaming after last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Rovers fans tickets v St Pat's sold out
    Tuesday, 07 September 2010 14:17

The club has sold out the full allocation of 1,600 tickets for the game against St Pat's on Friday. The match is live on RTE2, kick off 7.35pm.

http://shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1604-rovers-fans-tickets-v-st-pats-sold-out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got mine this morning :)

Got me Pat's and Dundalk tix. Looking forward mow.

• Advertisement

Another 100 tickets released by Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

so long as Pats win, I don't care how many tickets they sell to Rovers :)

A win that would put them ahead of you. And you still have to play each other.

Slug it out, lads. :)

stovelid wrote: »
    I have this idle daydream that we win the league and have the chance to do it at Dalyer so the home fans boycott the game and the Jodi is full of Rovers at the Bohs-over-the-barrel negotiated ticket price of a tenner.

They'd also have a chance to play the party pooper then though..

I think if Rovers win on Friday I think that's the league done, but I can't see the win...

I think if Rovers win on Friday I think that's the league done, but I can't see the win...

Bit worried too, have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

46927_1574819940515_1536088273_1451283_3609586_n.jpg
    46631_159055454110449_100000179858754_547914_5408216_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Nice photos lads. Expect a few fines though for the flares and breaking the advertising hoardings.

In all honesty though, you defintely deserved the win and the title should be on it's way to you. I knew we bloody scored too early :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Who gets fined for the flares? The club? or the lads that used them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Who gets fined for the flares? The club? or the lads that used them?

Club, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The actual quality of those photos are superb!

I still hate you's though!!!! :p

• Advertisement

You don't really though - everyone's a Hoop afterall :)

The club gets the fine and the lads pay it I think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You don't really though - everyone's a Hoop afterall :)

Proper order. Flares look great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If it was the Ultras that's what will happen ye, did the stewards or guards not go to take them away? Or did the Rovers board get the FAI to break ground rules again like out in Tallaght with flares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm sorry but blaming Rovers for the advertising boards getting broken is ridiculous. It's cramped to bits in that joke of a stand.

Voltwad wrote: »
    I'm sorry but blaming Rovers for the advertising boards getting broken is ridiculous. It's cramped to bits in that joke of a stand.

Well in all fairness when you's sell 1,700 tickets and the majority seemed to be in the shed with only a handful in the stand, there's your problem.

I'd say the majority chose the shed...I would've picked the Camac side..I hate that main stand.

That anybody could pick wherever they liked, well there's your problem..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Well in all fairness when you's sell 1,700 tickets and the majority seemed to be in the shed with only a handful in the stand, there's your problem.
    Practically all the seats in the stand we were allocated were full :confused:

Voltwad wrote: »

Uhh they kicked them down, then moved onto the next 2 and kicked them down too. Its not really blame when they quite clearly did it. We did the same when we scored our equaliser vs Bohs so dont think anyone really cares.

Gavin not a hope in hell a steward would go into the shed and try get a flare, less dangerous to let them hold it and burn it out. Believe a bucket of sand was left there for that reason :)

CiaranC wrote: »
    Practically all the seats in the stand we were allocated were full :confused:

Didn't look it on TV.
    Gavin not a hope in hell a steward would go into the shed and try get a flare, less dangerous to let them hold it and burn it out. Believe a bucket of sand was left there for that reason :)

Wasn't being serious, Shams Ultras somehow managed to let flares off in the Tallaght stadium a few matches back while standing right down the front of the stand but under the instruction of their board they were allow which would have had to be passed by the FAI, who yet again broke their own rules.

• Advertisement

........what was the score tonight, lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

........what was the score tonight, lads?

Don't know tangyzizzle, but what i do know is we are top of the league and 4 points clear, is that any help to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

5-1 Dundalk, Kyuss Fan.

Don't know tangyzizzle, but what i do know is we are top of the league and 4 points clear, is that any help to you?
    still an embarrassment :D
    Nailz wrote: »
    5-1 Dundalk, Kyuss Fan.
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

still an embarrassment :D

:cool:

Top of the heap is an awlful Embarrassment it really is, getting this dizzy feeling the last few weeks.

Take my seat so :)

• Advertisement

You're right TangyZizzle, it is pretty embarrassing losing to Dundalk..

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

sbp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

All will be rosey when Bohs lose 2 or 3 out of their last few games anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Sets it up beautifully for us to win the title in dalymount!

Seriously though as I was saying to a few pats fans mates on Friday night being a rovers fan and football fan for 26 years if I've learned nothing else its never celebrate before the job is done. Too many hoops fans discussing the presentation of the trophy and all yesterday. We've won nothing yet.

Can't think of a worse journey home in years but hopefully a welcome restoration of reality as some people were starting to display a Bohs-like tendency to gloat about trophies that are not actually won.

Although it was a horrible night up there, not least the terrible conditions, I was proud to see that everybody around me right stayed right behind the team and we must now do so until the end of the season.
    Didn't look it on TV.

Wasn't being serious, Shams Ultras somehow managed to let flares off in the Tallaght stadium a few matches back while standing right down the front of the stand but under the instruction of their board they were allow which would have had to be passed by the FAI, who yet again broke their own rules.

What match?

Gav, youse will have to negotiate your own "deal" when you have actually enough fans to stump up for a flare. Tifo technology may have moved on in the meantime, but.

Or just throw the flare on the pitch, like youse did in Tallaght?

• Advertisement

Can't think of a worse journey home in years but hopefully a welcome restoration of reality as some people were starting to display a Bohs-like tendency to gloat about trophies that are not actually won.

Didnt you do that 3 pages back ? :p

Didnt you do that 3 pages back ? :p

Did I? There's no way I'd ever think that.

It shouldn't be a problem vis a vis the league, but it could be down to one point by the next league game for Rovers (Bohs away to Sligo next Monday/Tuesday)

Hopefully Sligo won't rest anyone to the lose an upcoming cup final in the final few minutes..

Before the Sligo/SPA/Dundalk game, I was hoping to be unbeaten and then carry this momentum..maybe 5 points. 6 points, but a very heavy defeat...about equal I'd say.

What match?

Gav, youse will have to negotiate your own "deal" when you have actually enough fans to stump up for a flare. Tifo technology may have moved on in the meantime, but.

Was the match where they had flares behind a see through banner saying "Ultras" iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Have to say Gav as a member and season ticket holder who stands in the ultra's section I haven't seen a flare in a long time in Tallaght.

Was the match where they had flares behind a see through banner saying "Ultras" iirc.

As in the first game in the East Stand (against St Pats) last season? Hardly a 'few matches back'.

And none since the clampdown.

Cup game v Galway. Some great goals.

http://vimeo.com/15116824

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Bring on the scum! Rovers ticket allocation pretty much, if not completely sold out. Should be a good ocassion, top 2 teams, under the lights, big crowd, on the box etc.

Bohs 0 v 1 Rovers (Baker to score)

Mon the hoops!

FC_Shamrock_Rovers_Dublin__old_logo_-logo-14BDEA9DB2-seeklogo.com.gif

I <3 the second goal against Galway in the league...even made us aul West Stand OAPs get on our feet

I'd take a 0-0 at Dalymount, don't think I could handle the nerves though. Being abroad again I can't get a ticket, so will probably miss the last league trip to it for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Never even got a chance to pick up a ticket. Gonna have to go undercover for that one - wish me luck.

Plus that extra fiver to the Save Bohs fund will help them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement