Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Never even got a chance to pick up a ticket. Gonna have to go undercover for that one - wish me luck

Another allocation on sale tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Thanks to college commitments I wasn't able to make it out to tallaght to get a ticket either. Really don't want to end up sitting near the home crowd so if anyone has a spare could they keep me in mind? Ye all know me I'm a genuine Hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Thanks to college commitments I wasn't able to make it out to tallaght to get a ticket either. Really don't want to end up sitting near the home crowd so if anyone has a spare could they keep me in mind? Ye all know me I'm a genuine Hoop

Feck college commitments, you had a Tallaght commitment on Tuesday! :P

Ah no, genuinely good luck getting a ticket, have to say the ticket operation on Tuesday was the best yet, well especially for members, in and out in no time! Can't wait for Tuesday now!

But of course UCD tomorrow which is going to be very tough and i'm unfortunately not that confident, will take any sort of win.

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Feck college commitments, you had a Tallaght commitment on Tuesday! :P

Ah no, genuinely good luck getting a ticket, have to say the ticket operation on Tuesday was the best yet, well especially for members, in and out in no time! Can't wait for Tuesday now!

But of course UCD tomorrow which is going to be very tough and i'm unfortunately not that confident, will take any sort of win.
    Not when there's a degree year staring you in the face :( I've only missed two games this season, one of which was Dalymount last time out due to work and them changing the KO time so I'll go to any means necessary to make sure I don't miss this one!

Maybe they'll release more closer to the date.

They must be bulling with the police for preventing more cashflow at a time like this.

Can't wait for this. Might be the last trip to Dalyer for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

stovelid wrote: »
    Maybe they'll release more closer to the date.

They must be bulling with the police for preventing more cashflow at a time like this.

Can't wait for this. Might be the last trip to Dalyer for quite a while.

We could have had double the allocation for the Connaught Street Tip if Bohs had more consideration for Health and Safety ahead of paying ridiculous money to players who aren't worth it.

Massive game Tuesday now folks. Managed to get hold of a ticket so I'm delighted in that respect. KOH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm still considering the Fingal game is much bigger. A draw and two final wins against Drogheda and Bray would be enough..

Need to forget about Friday, awful team selection, bring on Tuesday, avoid defeat at least, really cannot wait, absolutely massive game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Is the Rovers forum working for anyone?
    I tried to go onto it there and a orange and blue page comes up saying "This Account Has Been Suspended"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Im not even a member of the forum and thats what I got when I tried to get onto it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jimmy Calderwood 4/1 Derek Adams 5/1 Michael O'Neill 6/1 Gus McPherson 7/1 Tony Mowbray 8/1 Billy Reid 10/1 Mark Venus 10/1 Alan Pardew 14/1 Pat Fenlon 14/1 Paul Ince 16/1 Stuart McCall 16/1 Henrick Larsson 18/1 Ian Dowie 18/1 Mike Newell 20/1 Csaba Laszlo 25/1

Hibs next manager betting, their fans as usual expect it to be an ex player which has worked out well so far 10 managers in 10 years :eek:

They're robbery odds if he loses his next two games...

Which won't happen of course [/trying to sound convincing]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »
    They're robbery odds if he loses his next two games...

Which won't happen of course [/trying to sound convincing]

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1005/oneill_hibs.html

No betting sites in work but told Scottish ones have him at less now.

he have any Fenlon style clauses in his contract :D

Was last night a bad dream?

• Advertisement

It was, but I don't know what's worse. The nightmare on Saturday night or the sleepless nights beforehand..

When's the forum gonna be back up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

When's the forum gonna be back up?

You'll realise when Rovers lose the forum goes offline, so a win on Saturday would mean the forum will be back online Saturday night.:D

You'll realise when Rovers lose the forum goes offline, so a win on Saturday would mean the forum will be back online Saturday night.:D

You're an oddball.

Dying for Saturday, a result in the earlier game will set the tone for the day, here's hoping the junkies do us a favour, we need it.

You're an oddball.

:confused:

Why's that?

• Advertisement

Funnily enough, this isnt the first place that Iv read that, but Iv also read that they got hacked and it will be down for a while. Anyone know for sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Duno about being hacked but it was down since Monday so Gavs theory kinda goes out the window. Anyway roll on Saturday must win game. And tonight:confused::confused::confused:

They were sayin on thebohs.com that it was gone down in preparation for their defeat on tuesday :pac:

Can someone put up a link to the forum? I cant actually find it, cheers.

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    but it was down since Monday so Gavs theory kinda goes out the window.

Didn't yous lose on Friday too!?;)

Got an email saying it's being redone. Going to be called www.wearerovers.com as well

Any idea when it will be ready?

Any idea when it will be ready?
    Nope, just said soon. It's also wiping all accounts that weren't logged into after September 1st for anyone who's interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What a time to "redo" it. Thousands of hoops depend on it for day to day info at this point. The way its run is mad.

Nope, just said soon. It's also wiping all accounts that weren't logged into after September 1st for anyone who's interested.

No, that's the other forum set up a while ago, not the same one.

Gav, you're an oddball if you actually believe what you said, fairly certain i've been on the forum post-defeat before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

keep us updated when the Rovers Ultra Forum comes back.

If Rovers lose top of the table spot tomorrow, there will be little chance I reckon. :D

• Advertisement

It stayed up through the defeats and Oriel Park this year. There can tend to be a lot of inane sh!te on it as well as good stuff

Last time I remember it going was after the cup defeat to Fingal in Tallaght last year...and that's not an omen of course.:eek:

If it doesn't come back, this thread resumes as the only account of excitement of March last year

According to posts on that other forum, the old one is gone for good so looks like a move to that one for most hoops.

Gav, you're an oddball if you actually believe what you said, fairly certain i've been on the forum post-defeat before!

Touchy!

But anyway for the last few years after certain loses that forum account would be "suspended" for a couple of days. Would have been last and past seasons when I actually read it.

What's the other forum?

EDIT: I'm a spa, course ya do.:o

So, from the other forum. Ste (the lad who ran the original) got pissed off with running it and so god rid of it. This is the one that will be changed soon to wearerovers.net http://srfcforum.net

Remember

membersnight09-10-10%20revised.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Bad day lads ?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

464586.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I bet yas feel sick!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Ill just put this here, shall I :)

413022.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BOHtox wrote: »

454dbe4b-6a87-4e0d-8c0d-5ff7b6ca9569&t=1&usg=AFrqEzclL0zldzd2LHKkfhwDH5ZVCHjhag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

come on rovers , not over just yet

Who's Leejo and why has he thanked every post in the last two pages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Got an email saying it's being redone. Going to be called www.wearerovers.com as well

it'sallover.com

*surfaces*
    dekbhoy wrote: »
    come on rovers , not over just yet

It is. You'd get as much fight from Dundalk on the last day as you would from Liverpool..

Fairplay to Buckley today in the second half, he saw Rovers sitting deep and made positive changes. Kirby, 3 at the back, kept Crowe on Flynn. It wasn't lost today - it's the manner of the defeat that is painful with the penalty and the three one-on-ones at 1-0.

I thought the ginger one had let us off after 7 minutes, but then he was booed in the second half and that sealed our fate. Abuse = Crowe goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

its only one point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

orourkeda wrote: »
    its only one point

You were 7 ahead a few games ago

You were 7 ahead a few games ago
    True that but ye have been very fortunate of late as well. Blackie hates Bohs more than we do and he'll do everything he can to upset them. He has turned them over twice this year so far. A draw will do us please Galway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement