Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Voltwad wrote: »
    True that but ye have been very fortunate of late as well. Blackie hates Bohs more than we do and he'll do everything he can to upset them. He has turned them over twice this year so far. A draw will do us please Galway.
    I wouldn't bet on that the way we're playing at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Nutsy's not for screwing up now.
    2 games to go and Rovers in freefall.

Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on that the way we're playing at the moment!
    It's not like watching Brazil. Ye couldn't beat Bray a few weeks ago, not exactly setting the world alight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

These are great days we're living my friend.....

This will rank as the best, most satisfying league title ever. And the best thing is.......? It hurts you so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm gutted, sincerely so. We've bottled it pure and simple.

But I can say without a trace of bitterness (despite the bitter lemon pictures and thanks that will follow it) that I'd rather lose five leagues to Bohs than go through what they are about to go through and I mean that from my heart.

I really hope it was all worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

I just keep telling myself something has to go our way over the last 2 games, some booed at the final whistle yesterday, we were just incredibly un****inglucky, another day the junkies would've got a draw and we could've been 3-0 up, incredibly depressing leaving Tallaght yesterday though.

I don't understand MO'N not making any subs though and ****ing Mannus had to come for that ball.

stovelid wrote: »
    I'd rather lose five leagues to Bohs than go through what they are about to go through and I mean that from my heart.

What are we about to go through?

bohsboy wrote: »
    What are we about to go through?

You're having a laugh?

Half your squad will be pimped up in Tallaght as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

You're having a laugh?

Once we reach the start of next season not owing players money and get rid of all our players we should be ok in the short term - easier said than done.

At the rate Rovers are going they'll pass us in the debt stakes soon enough.

You're having a laugh?

Certainly not having a laugh. From the whispers I'm hearing from Wicklow way, all is not as it seems financially so. Financial problems looming on the landscape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

bohsman wrote: »
    Once we reach the start of next season not owing players money and get rid of all our players we should be ok in the short term - easier said than done.

At the rate Rovers are going they'll pass us in the debt stakes soon enough.
    Are you for ****ing real?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Are you for ****ing real?

Which part?

Certainly not having a laugh. From the whispers I'm hearing from Wicklow way, all is not as it seems financially so. Financial problems looming on the landscape.

We will be in the black or close enough come November. You owe over 7 million euro.

We will be in the black or close enough come November. You owe over 7 million euro.

No we don't.

Obviously your whisperers are not as in the know as they think they are. You can counter whispers in two ways: I prefer letting time take its course. We'll see who is fucked and who isn't. And it isn't us.

As for the game, I honestly thought we had it. Well on top and playing well until Price blundered but can't blame anybody except ourselves.

No we don't.

lol, ok so.

As soon as Bohs win a few football matches it revert back to type time I see. The couple of heads who clung on and managed to finally get a board statement about austerity will be overrun to the Bohs comical ali clan all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nothing worse than a bit of bitterness

lol, ok so.

We owe a ridiculous amount of money but its not 7m.

Trilla wrote: »
    Nothing worse than a bit of bitterness
    What do you ****ing want? Gypos posting taunts in the Rovers thread followed by sunshine and rainbows?

GTFO

• Advertisement

We owe a ridiculous amount of money but its not 7m.

Oh well thats ok then. :rolleyes:

It will be over the 7M mark as soon as the first payment to Zurich is owed on Jan 1st. Of course you know that, right?

Oh well thats ok then. :rolleyes:

It will be over the 7M mark as soon as the first payment to Zurich is owed on Jan 1st. Of course you know that, right?

No it wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What do you ****ing want? Gypos posting taunts in the Rovers thread followed by sunshine and rainbows?

GTFO

Fair enough, just try not to rise to it! The league is nowhere near over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

No it wont.

So what will it be?

True, I fully expect Sligo to pip you for second on goal difference. ;)

• Advertisement

comical_ali.jpg

Its considerably less than 6.8m but believe what you like with your own 900k debts.

Its considerably less than 6.8m but believe what you like with your own 900k debts.
    You havent a ****ing clue. I feel sorry for you.

Sunday Tribune describes yesterday as the greatest choke in the history of Irish soccer

Don't you just love it :)

Oh, on the off topic pain driven sideshow, Bohs will be fine financially.
    The assets comfortably outstrip the liabilities.
    (See we own the place. Not renting from Council)
    Short term cash flow is the problem but the group stages of the Champions League should sort that.

Pal wrote: »
    The assets comfortably outstrip the liabilities.
    (See we own the place. Not renting from Council)

Good lord.

How quickly can you realize that asset if somebody calls time on you? You're like some twat with an overpriced house boasting that it's worth x amount of money, unaware that he probably can't sell it even if he wanted to b) if he does, he's homeless and further up **** creek

In a way Harrsstown would have been a laugh. You would have spunked the money on players for as few years and then died as a club. You can't get more than a thousand in to see you in your traditional area during a push for the three-in-a row and you think you'd have get people to traipse out to the arse-end of Dublin Airport?

No wonder we're the laughing stock of barstoolers when you're boasting about the "asset" that you could end losing over debts of a fraction of that asset's value. You can't even hionour your existing wage bill and you have stiff bank repayments on the way in January.

I wouldn't wish what happened to us, Shels, Derry or Cork on anybody and I like most of the Bohs supporters here but Jesus Christ, I'll almost gloat when the shit does hit the fan for you lot: any hint of good times back on the pitch and you revert back to type. The only thing that stops most of the other clubs on here hating your guts is that they hate us more.

I wouldn't swap another 15 league titles to be in your shoes right now. If you think that is sour grapes, you do that.

• Advertisement

Good lord.
    You can't get more than a thousand in to see you in your traditional area during a push for the three-in-a row and you think you'd have get people to traipse out to the arse-end of Dublin Airport?
    :D
    Hilarious stuff, you brought just over 1,000 to Dalymount for a title decider, for your first trophy in nearly twenty years and have a pop at our crowds?

When this hilarious season ends, check out how many will be going to Tallaght with the novelty factor worn off and the damage the team of bottlers has done.

Bohs will be fine, you just look after yourselves. You took your eye of the ball again this season and are going to pay a very very heavy price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Good lord.

How quickly can you realize that asset if somebody calls time on you? You're like some twat with an overpriced house boasting that it's worth x amount of money, unaware that he probably can't sell it even if he wanted to b) if he does, he's homeless and further up **** creek

In a way Harrsstown would have been a laugh. You would have spunked the money on players for as few years and then died as a club. You can't get more than a thousand in to see you in your traditional area during a push for the three-in-a row and you think you'd have get people to traipse out to the arse-end of Dublin Airport?

No wonder we're the laughing stock of barstoolers when you're boasting about the "asset" that you could end losing over debts of a fraction of that asset's value. You can't even hionour your existing wage bill and you have stiff bank repayments on the way in January.

I wouldn't wish what happened to us, Shels, Derry or Cork on anybody and I like most of the Bohs supporters here but Jesus Christ, I'll almost gloat when the shit does hit the fan for you lot: any hint of good times back on the pitch and you revert back to type. The only thing that stops most of the other clubs on here hating your guts is that they hate us more.

I wouldn't swap another 15 league titles to be in your shoes right now. If you think that is sour grapes, you do that.

I think their is sarcasm in Pal's post.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I think their is sarcasm in Pal's post.

You reckon?

Hilarious stuff, you brought just over 1,000 to Dalymount for a title decider, for your first trophy in nearly twenty years and have a pop at our crowds?
    When was this? Numbers really arent your strongpoint.

It was nearly 1500. To an away fixture with limited ticket allocation. On a shit third-world terrace. How is that comparable to what I said about Harristown.

You won't have to worry about how Tallaght fares for us because baring a miracle or gigantic slice of fudge, you'll be a a different division soon enough.

Don't even know whom you are. I've not seen you much on the soccer forum before a week or two ago. And I don't expect to see much of you when your aberration of a club goes tits-up either.

You won't have to worry about how Tallaght fares for us because baring a miracle or gigantic slice of fudge, you'll be a a different division soon enough.

Our only licensing worry is whether we owe players money without their agreement. We are way way under the 65%

Our only licensing worry is whether we owe players money without their agreement. We are way way under the 65%

You have a wonderful ability to understate things. Truly wonderful.

You have a wonderful ability to understate things. Truly wonderful.

As I said earlier

Don't even know whom you are. I've not seen you much on the soccer forum before a week or two ago.

Of what relevance is this?

You've got to expect some flak, you're on the brink of being mugged by your fiercest rivals from a nine point lead. Its pure comedy gold. You could'nt make it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

You do understand the whole concept of limited ticket allocation to away fans? Rovers were given 500 tickets by Bohs and they asked for more as the 500 would have lasted 10 minutes. Bohs wouldn't give anymore than 1000 as there would have been more away fans than home fans.

In any case we have thrown the league away. 7 clear with 7 to play to 1 back with 2 to play is not good in anyones language. Its a collapse of epic proportions. Why did it happen? Haven't a clue but we looked absolutely shattered against Fingal.

• Advertisement

You reckon?

Sorry to burst your bubble...... but yes, there was a sprinkling of deliberate nonchalance on my part.

Anyways, thanks for the rant.

I got a wonderful sense of how Rovers fans must be feeling right now :p

iregk wrote: »
    In any case we have thrown the league away. 7 clear with 7 to play to 1 back with 2 to play is not good in anyones language. Its a collapse of epic proportions. Why did it happen? Haven't a clue but we looked absolutely shattered against Fingal.

You were actually nine points clear at one stage, but I agree, Rovers are looking very tired. Your squad size might be a big factor, it's been a hectic couple of weeks. You've a nice long break until Pats on Sunday and then another 5 days until Drogs.

Might be more twists to come.

Can't see many twists to be honest. Galway are a shadow of their former selves with their threadbare, young and tired squad. A 1-4 defeat at home to UCD doesn't leave me thinking they'll upset Bohs. Dundalk also look disinterested in anything and I wouldn't expect much from them on the last day.

I'll get the lyrics of Galway Girl tattooed on my arse if Blackie and his lads can lend us a hand though.

Pal wrote: »
    I got a wonderful sense of how Rovers fans must be feeling right now :p

And we only have to look back to 2005 to get a wonderful sense of how you'll all be feeling soon enough.

Minus the large fire-saleable asset of course.

I have to agree, I've been annoyed with Galway the last few weeks. They were a shambles in Tallaght for the 3-0 defeat and were destroyed by UCD at home at the weekend. They've thrown in the towel very early this season. The general state of soccer in Galway is horrendous, with themselves Mervue and Salthill barely able to combine 1,000 fans between themselves.

You only know the reason we're rubbing it in because you are going to walk it next year! :o

I have to agree, I've been annoyed with Galway the last few weeks. They were a shambles in Tallaght for the 3-0 defeat and were destroyed by UCD at home at the weekend. They've thrown in the towel very early this season. The general state of soccer in Galway is horrendous, with themselves Mervue and Salthill barely able to combine 1,000 fans between themselves.

You only know the reason we're rubbing it in because you are going to walk it next year! :o
    Don't forget the 6-0 defeat the week before :pac:

I'll be behind the team until the very end but it's a very very slim chance: it's very much been-there, done-that for Nutsy and Bohs. They had their wobble(s) and we squandered that.

The only faint hope is that Blackie might want to spite Bohs but Galway look to have switched off and Dundalk won't do us a favour (possibly the opposite) unless they really need the points which they don't now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

You were actually nine points clear at one stage, but I agree, Rovers are looking very tired.

9 clear of Bohs but never more than 7 clear at the top. Pats used to be there too remember :)

Still its not dead yet, I will be screaming myself horse in the final two games hoping something will happen. I've watched too much league of ireland over the years to rule out any more slip up's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Of what relevance is this?

The phrase 'you only sing when you're winning' comes to mind.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The phrase 'you only sing when you're winning' comes to mind.

Been singing nigh on twenty five years win, lose or draw.

But when your rivals gift wrap it, you've got to sew it in. ;)

Advertisement