Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

paulcorr wrote: »
    How can you seriously compare a stadium that closed its doors in 1987 to dalymount park today?

Stupidly?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How can you seriously compare a stadium that closed its doors in 1987 to dalymount park today?

That there's very little difference in Dalyer today as 1987?

Though you could say the same sentence and replace the year with 1887..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What's the craic with this team meeting with the fans lads?

Jesus Christ, talk about pathetic. And a boycott too? Hilarious.

I haven't heard a thing about a boycott.

Perhaps I'm being boycotted by the boycott?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

dfx- wrote: »
    That there's very little difference in Dalyer today as 1987?

Though you could say the same sentence and replace the year with 1887..

Thats what i was thinking to,what this fella was saying is that glenmalure park in 1987 was a kip.Yet dalymount park today is a death trap on at least 2 sides of the ground and is probably the most run down stadium in the league of ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

SantryRed wrote: »
    What's the craic with this team meeting with the fans lads?

Jesus Christ, talk about pathetic. And a boycott too? Hilarious.

What boycott?

obsession-eau-toilette-spray-01758484005.jpg

It just gets better every day, a rovers fans boycott of the cup semi final dont make me laugh.As a rovers fan and season ticket holder for god only knows how many years i for one have not heard of a boycott or fans meeting, so if anyone can throw some light on this im sure the other 1000s of rovers fans would only be to happy to find out wants going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It just gets better every day, a rovers fans boycott of the cup semi final dont make me laugh.As a rovers fan and season ticket holder for god only knows how many years i for one have not heard of a boycott or fans meeting, so if anyone can throw some light on this im sure the other 1000s of rovers fans would only be to happy to find out wants going on.

Well there definitely was a Fans meeting out in Tallaght last Wednesday or Thursday, O'Neill being one of those who attended. Less than 100 people at it.

• Advertisement

You should be honing in your new obsession with acting superior to cork, Gav. Funny how yis think your ****e smells of perfume but you never pass comment on Bohs. You'll be in the same league soon enough anyway.

stovelid wrote: »
    You should be honing in your new obsession with acting superior to cork, Gav. Funny how yis think your ****e smells of perfume but you never pass comment on Bohs. You'll be in the same league soon enough anyway.

Say wah!?

What are you talking about our sh**e smelling of perfume?

Just answering a question, I know the answer too. Reason why I've never commented on Bohs secret meetings because I'm not mates with a Rovers lad who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Gav always passes comment on Bohs...

Shels will be playing out of Vatican City when Tolka is sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shels will be playing out of Vatican City when Tolka is sold.

Dalymount if rumour 1 is believed.

Rumour 2 is way funnier Sporting Shelbourne, or ShelFingal whichever is best. Makes sense tbh people on here always say merging dublin clubs would work, sure look at St Francis and how it worked out for them :D

dreamers75 wrote: »

Rumour 2 is way funnier Sporting Shelbourne, or ShelFingal whichever is best. Makes sense tbh people on here always say merging dublin clubs would work, sure look at St Francis and how it worked out for them :D

You'd love that Gav, wouldn't you? :pac:

• Advertisement

Jesus if they merged with Fingal it would mean at least an extra 50 fans every week ;););)

It's not a rumour, if we leave Tolka at the end of this season we're heading to Dalyer.
    You'd love that Gav, wouldn't you? :pac:

I'd rather support Lourdes Celtic out in Sundrive Park tbh.:D
    Jesus if they merged with Fingal it would mean at least an extra 50 fans every week ;););)

Wouldn't bank on that, we don't allow any freebies in so we'd probably gain around 2 extra fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Nah thats not fair. I think they would bring at least another 100 to Fingal in fairness.

Gavin"Fingal", has a nice sound to it. Ya love it gav come on.

On a side note. Not over my dead body. The last thing our club needs is an influx of moany gits blaming everybody else for their troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Well there definitely was a Fans meeting out in Tallaght last Wednesday or Thursday, O'Neill being one of those who attended. Less than 100 people at it.

There was no members meeting. 100 people is too big for a board meeting.

Or... it was somethign totally unrelated to shamrock rovers and O'Neill and maybe a player or two went out to help out with a charity night...etc etc.
    Could have been someone renting out the Glenmalure suit too.

None the less, no fans meeting.

derek-tracey-testimonial.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Any word on who is playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Delighted to see him finally get the testimonial. Jesus, I remember when it was slated to be the first game in Tallaght all those years ago. Absolute legend.

Hope he gets a decent crowd

Great central midfielder...not so great right back, but still ploughed on in the dark years..

Looking forward to it. Hopefully a decent crowd.

Looks like tickets for the final will be 10 quid for adults and a fiver for kids.

Good move by the FAI if true. Will really encourage people to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Looks like tickets for the final will be 10 quid for adults and a fiver for kids.

Good move by the FAI if true. Will really encourage people to go.

Excellent. How many do you reckon will turn up?

Its a funny old game really.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm so happy for you's!!!!:(:(:(:o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

The Hoops are having a party
    The Bohs are going bust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Ye're welcome

Tickets for Bray onsale by ticketmaster by phone, mad scramble ahoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

All tickets from them are gone. Can't believe this. Loads of touts going to be very happy on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Those tickets should be cancelled and refunded. ****ing joke that the touts grabbed them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

If you're not a member, getting out to Bray today, tomorrow or Tuesday sounds like the thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    If you're not a member, getting out to Bray today, tomorrow or Tuesday sounds like the thing to do.

This scares me! any estimation on how many we're likely to get. Was out there earlier on in the season and i'd say there was about 700 or so? Must be a least triple that looking to get to this easily!

It's safe to assume that the Carlisle will be at least three-quarters Rovers. Despite the hyperventilation, I'm sure everybody will get sorted whether out at Bray today and tomorrow or up at Tallaght tomorrow.

Let's keep it in mind that nothing has been won yet although we've a smashing chance. We've had enough evidence of what complacency does already this season.

Hopefully any touts get a "warm welcome" if they try and sell out the ground on Friday. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

No need to panic. Just back from Bray and they have wads of tickets left. The lad there felt they would be well able to cope with demand. KOH.

ollaetta wrote: »
    No need to panic. Just back from Bray and they have wads of tickets left. The lad there felt they would be well able to cope with demand. KOH.
    What time is their shop open until? Can't get through to them on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1154

Open 'til two today and from nine 'til seven tomorrow.

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1154

Open 'til two today and from nine 'til seven tomorrow.

Nice payday for yous Jack. Think ill head out tomorrow to collect the tickets I ordered on ticketmaster, have a nice day at the seaside :)

Got my ticket out there today. Thank god :)

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

1,000 tickets for Rovers to distribute by all accounts, hopefully should be enough to cover one member each.

It's safe to assume that the Carlisle will be at least three-quarters Rovers. Despite the hyperventilation, I'm sure everybody will get sorted whether out at Bray today and tomorrow or up at Tallaght tomorrow.

Let's keep it in mind that nothing has been won yet although we've a smashing chance. We've had enough evidence of what complacency does already this season.

Hopefully any touts get a "warm welcome" if they try and sell out the ground on Friday. ;)

3/4 rovers were are Bray going to get 750 fans from ?

3/4 rovers were are Bray going to get 750 fans from ?

I meant the ground will be at least 3/4 full of us.

That doesn't necessarily predict how many Bray will be there.

• Advertisement

I meant the ground will be at least 3/4 full of us.

That doesn't necessarily predict how many Bray will be there.

O....K.... :P

Anyway Bray saying theyve no more tickets on sale.

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1155

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I hope one of you put all considerations of class aside and do one big bohsboy quoting post when ye finish the job next weekend.

Much prefer to see ye do it.

CiaranC wrote: »
    O....K.... :P

Piss off you. :pac:

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas here. Except it's a Christmas where you could just as easily get loads of presents or end up in a children's home.

Piss off you. :pac:

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas here. Except it's a Christmas where you could just as easily get loads of presents or end up in a children's home.

Tickets got through Bray mate got them at the weekend so no travelling to Tallaght from Gorey tuesday.Up thursday for cup final tickets and christmas is not even close to how i feel about this game.Just hope its not spoiled by the same idiots as the cup semi final if we do win.I can see an unreal amount of garda and stewards in place for this one.

And an unreal clean up on Saturday morning for Ireland's Tidy Town winner :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement