Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Hopefully by the sounds of things, a good amount of people have tickets sorted already through Bray, so hopefully there'll be plenty availible on sale from the club tomorrow to fufill the demand!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas here. Except it's a Christmas where you could just as easily get loads of presents or end up in a children's home.

Six Five Four sleeps to go to find out..

Looking at MNS, Bray weren't too overpowered against Pats, creating a few chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Tickets on sale 1-7 for members, after 7 for ST holders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

CiaranC wrote: »
    Tickets on sale 1-7 for members, after 7 for ST holders

Cant see to many left for season ticket holders after members get their quota.But seen as alot of people already got them through ticketmaster and from Bray themselves hopefully true Rovers fans will be there friday night not just the daytrippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Wouldn't like to be a tout out there Friday night.

Cold night to be taking a dive into the sea. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

If anyone spots a tout on Friday night could they please announce it very loudly?

Picked up a ticket there at 6.15. (:cool:) Long queue of season ticket holders even in the rain, they'll easily sell out with that queue alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

dfx- wrote: »
    Picked up a ticket there at 6.15. (:cool:) Long queue of season ticket holders even in the rain, they'll easily sell out with that queue alone.

Snuck in as well at picked mine up at round 6:45, big old queue there, my mate was in it and didn't get his unfortunately, tickets sold out, club got around 100 or so more, sold them, then took names and numbers of a decent chunk left in the queue so hopefully they can get sorted.

Roll on Friday! :D

The dart is a bit closer than the sea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

paulcorr wrote: »
    Cant see to many left for season ticket holders after members get their quota.But seen as alot of people already got them through ticketmaster and from Bray themselves hopefully true Rovers fans will be there friday night not just the daytrippers.

I don't think you can be too picky about who turns up for LOI football these days tbh, it's not like stadium's are reaching maximum capacity week in, week out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Bollox lads :( I'm one of the names on the list! Will die inside if I can't get a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Bollox lads :( I'm one of the names on the list! Will die inside if I can't get a ticket.

Same here, didn't get out until just gone 6.50 because of the poxy luas.

Thankfully got sorted.

Makes my blood boil to think about some of the chancers that might have got tickets through Ticketmaster when regular hoops got left out.

I predict that some tout might end up on the end of a kicking on Friday if they raise their head.

Id say head out anyway lads, there will be loads of spares about due to the way they were sold. Worst comes to the worst just batter a tout and take his.

Got the two I bought on Ticketmaster in the post this morning, so thats my whole crew sorted thankfully.

Augmerson wrote: »
    I don't think you can be too picky about who turns up for LOI football these days tbh, it's not like stadium's are reaching maximum capacity week in, week out.

For this game, we can. Possibly several times over..

Definitely head out either way any of yous that didn't get a ticket, hop a wall, pay off a steward, rob a tout, climb onto a roof, just do what you have to do to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Definitely head out either way any of yous that didn't get a ticket, hop a wall, pay off a steward, rob a tout, climb onto a roof, just do what you have to do to be there.

..as long as you leave the walls standing;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Snuck in as well at picked mine up at round 6:45, big old queue there, my mate was in it and didn't get his unfortunately, tickets sold out, club got around 100 or so more, sold them, then took names and numbers of a decent chunk left in the queue so hopefully they can get sorted.

Roll on Friday! :D
    SRFC90 wrote: »

Yeah I was on the list too. Just got a call from the club there saying they have one for me, anybody else get the call?

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ

well thank **** for that. now we can truly have a party as bohs go bust!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Drama :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Comhghairdeas lads... enjoy it..... might be a long time till yere next one ;)

Sweet jesus that was some night. Hooperman crowd surfing in the Maldron was a particular highlight.

some buzz was had. on the pitch at the end billy dennehy took my scarf!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Just out of bed in teh last while. Didn't enjoy last nights game one bit, the nerves were just ripped to bits. Sensational night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Congrats lads. Hope the fact you have won the title is helping yous all get through what must be one monster hangover. Till next year, you s never know yous might even beat us.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Congrats lads. Hope the fact you have won the title is helping yous all get through what must be one monster hangover. Till next year, you s never know yous might even beat us.:p
    That's if you're still in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

...or have a ground. Someone on our forum saying they're looking to rent Tolka.

Never doubted us...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

...or have a ground. Someone on our forum saying they're looking to rent Tolka.

We where looking to rent of a Prem div team but hey maybe the season after next.

The Europa?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We where looking to rent of a Prem div team but hey maybe the season after next.

Think we're just looking for a team next season to be tenants, rules yous out so come NAMA time!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Ah that's better....

Now where were we? Ah yes, Rovers are going to win the league this year and that is fact. You can take it from me.:p

I honestly believe the squad is in great shape and good enough to win it and with possibly one or two more players coming in, this will be our year.

:)

What's all this Northside squabbling doing in our thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You guys are no fun:
    bohsboy wrote: »
    These are great days we're living my friend.....

This will rank as the best, most satisfying league title ever. And the best thing is.......? It hurts you so much.
    True, I fully expect Sligo to pip you for second on goal difference. ;)
    :D
    Hilarious stuff, you brought just over 1,000 to Dalymount for a title decider, for your first trophy in nearly twenty years and have a pop at our crowds?

When this hilarious season ends, check out how many will be going to Tallaght with the novelty factor worn off and the damage the team of bottlers has done.

Bohs will be fine, you just look after yourselves. You took your eye of the ball again this season and are going to pay a very very heavy price.
    Of what relevance is this?

You've got to expect some flak, you're on the brink of being mugged by your fiercest rivals from a nine point lead. Its pure comedy gold. You could'nt make it up :)
    Been singing nigh on twenty five years win, lose or draw.

But when your rivals gift wrap it, you've got to sew it in. ;)
    And when does 6000 suddenly become 1000?

When they realise they've bottled it.....again.
    Great great days....to see the filth crying at the end of the game in Tallaght really made me smile.

I know it hurts them so much and it makes it so so sweet. ;)
    Galway are a spent force, destroyed in Tallaght by the filth and hammered at the weekend at home today to UCD. I reckon we should hit three or four. Rovers won't beat Drogheda, they're gone, the eternal bottlers that they are.

Congratulations on a great season lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Great post LL but bohsboy is correct. These are great days indeed, just not the way he wanted it!

Haha, classic

He's probably out fundrasing like mad and has no time for boards.

Bless.

I can't decide which is my favourite of bohsboy's posts:)

Seen as all his posts came true oh hang on a minute............. I take it he is not on the gambling forum on boards because you wouldnt take a tip off him would you.

• Advertisement

5,000 Cup final tickets sold at the Rovers shop today apparantly. Looks like the final could be heading for a sell out.

Just had a great laugh reading that LL, nice one.

Good to hear about the tickets sales as well, should be a cracking day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Congrats on the title and hope you get the double.

You can be assured that Sporting Fingal will be there to annoy you next season . In the meantime go and ask a dog owner for tips on how to hold onto a lead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Congrats on the title and hope you get the double.

You can be assured that Sporting Fingal will be there to annoy you next season . In the meantime go and ask a dog owner for tips on how to hold onto a lead ;)

I support St Pats. Hence the "Saint" part of my username

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I just thought you was a well behaved Rovers fan :)

Why does Gav thank every post thats made towards Fingal in every thread? :) You post that you are a pats fan and Gav thanks you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

You've got to expect the flak being thrown at you when the goings good. :D

Amazing the only response I get is when you win it. ;)
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The phrase 'you only sing when you're winning' comes to mind.

:pac:

You've got to expect the flak being thrown at you when the goings good. :D

Amazing the only response I get is when you win it. ;)

:pac:

Yeah and were all hoarse mate.

paulcorr wrote: »
    Yeah and were all hoarse mate.

Goal difference though....it's all a bit...how can I put it....meh.:rolleyes:

Yeah, meh when you don't win it. When you gift it to your rivals, are mugged to top spot by your rivals, beaten by a spent force with eyes on relegation who were hammered by your rivals, when you take your eye off the ball, beaten to the league by a side who were gone.

I can see why it would hurt so much, it's comedy gold for the rest of us:pac:

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »

Yeah, meh when you don't win it. When you gift it to your rivals, are mugged to top spot by your rivals, beaten by a spent force with eyes on relegation who were hammered by your rivals, when you take your eye off the ball, beaten to the league by a side who were gone.

I can see why it would hurt so much, it's comedy gold for the rest of us:pac:

Still a bit meh all the same though. :)

Advertisement