Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Please try and understand, we don't care.

We get it. For some reason you still think you were harshly treated by the FAI when found to be running a money laundering operation for organised crime. But we don't need to read about your consipracy theories and disgruntlement that other clubs relegated after you got sorted before you on here.
    You just know Shels will drop this persecution complex the second they become competitive again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Monaghan in Tallaght this weekend and Waterford next weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Handy to have the games still coming to keeping trialling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

dfx- wrote: »
    Monaghan in Tallaght this weekend and Waterford next weekend?

and for a mere €5!!! beautiful.

Ken Oman signed for Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

stovelid wrote: »
    Ken Oman signed for Rovers.

Please tell me thats a wind up?

Please tell me thats a wind up?

Think it's on the site by now. Wouldn't be my first choice but he'll only be cover for Sives and Murray, I guess. You're right though: if Oman is the only centre-half cover we sign, I can't see how it's an improvement on Aido. Can't help feeling Shelley was banked too much on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I don't see the point in getting rid of one hoofer to replace him with an even bigger hoofer....especially when that hoofer is Ken Oman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I don't see the point in getting rid of one hoofer to replace him with an even bigger hoofer....especially when that hoofer is Ken Oman.

Rovers only signed him to play vs Pats 4 times a season, with Stewart possibly going someone has to take his place :(

Awful signing, so disappointed in that.

• Advertisement

Have to be honest, my heart sank a little when I got that text message today! Shocking signing to say the least.

:D

180676_10150390099290858_62673060857_17362878_2432291_n.jpg

haha, thats great

Whole rake of them on facebook if you use it. Great idea. One of him and Priestly. :)

Vote No hooperman?

0-0 with Monaghan..decent game, first look at Rovers since the Aviva for me. Oman looked good with Murray, but the Turner/Rice central midfield was lacking in creativity again..Monaghan played well.

According to the Ultras Forum, we could be finding out the answer to who will be the Last Man Standing...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

South end of the West (Main) stand is the Family section. No cussing etc. The West stand is far more sedate as the East Stand is the Ultras area

Also you get to see the full display of the mentalists in the East Stand!

0-0 with Monaghan..decent game, first look at Rovers since the Aviva for me. Oman looked good with Murray, but the Turner/Rice central midfield was lacking in creativity again..Monaghan played well.

To be fair, I thought Oman looked OK as well. Worked the ball out simply as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have scheduled their Leinster Senior Cup 4th round tie for Tuesday 22nd February. The game, which will be played at Oriel Park with a 7.45pm kick-off, is the first of the eight fourth round ties to be given a date.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4967/

• Advertisement

Should run Charlie O'Connor and Lenihan close at the very least:cool:

Congratulations to the birthday boy :)

app_full_proxy.php?app=7146470109&v=1&size=o&cksum=c83253e5f1111e3daae87a8e5f913a82&src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shamrockrovers.ie%2Ffacebook%2Fhooperman1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Quick question for my mate, whose knew to loi ;)

were there plans for stands behind the goals at Tallaght?

Were there?

Yes, in the original plans commissioned by SRFC there were stands behind both goals. Since SDCC took over the project, they committed to and built two stands.

There are currently no plans to increase capacity. Attendances would have to rise drastically for anyone to consider it. Doubt the council have the money anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Right, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

82, jaysus. How many tickets have you been allocated? Is it definitely 1000?

Yep, suddenly the Connaught St stand is too unsafe for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

my 13 year old son treated me to tickets to the bray game . :( very depressing . plus does anyone else notice how cold it gets in the ground during the second half? it was like a dam fridge . its always grand the first half second half bloomin artic lol could be starting to feel my age all the same . dam you late 30s

almanu wrote: »
    my 13 year old son treated me to tickets to the bray game . :( very depressing . plus does anyone else notice how cold it gets in the ground during the second half? it was like a dam fridge . its always grand the first half second half bloomin artic lol could be starting to feel my age all the same . dam you late 30s

Do not go to the away fixture, bray seems to an anomaly as its always ****ing freezing no matter what time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Yep, definitely 1000.

No queue up there on saturday as word had went around that members had claimed the whole 1000 share so no one went up. Theres going to be a lot of people with Jodi tickets pissed off they didnt gamble and go up on saturday :/

There's going to be Rovers fans in the Jodi? Christ, this just keeps getting better :D

It's just the way the season up set up now. The first month and last month can get nippy (espcially as Tallaght stadium can be a wind trap) but the majority of the season is grand. Much rather that than winter football again!

There's going to be Rovers fans in the Jodi? Christ, this just keeps getting better :D

There always is, last year they penned them all in to a block. Although they were more...family friendly hoops :P

You only really feel it when the game is over/teams playing for time/friendly..

Sometimes for me, a hat, gloves, scarf, jacket and my 'natural insulation' are not enough to stave off the cold - all part of the occasion:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

You only really feel it when the game is over/teams playing for time/friendly..

Sometimes for me, a hat, gloves, scarf, jacket and my 'natural insulation' are not enough to stave off the cold - all part of the occasion:pac:

its just my feet , oh god why cant i feel my feet:pac:

Celtic friendly last year was the coldest I've ever experienced it.

All tickets for Friday now sold out, cannot wait! Hopefully a decent result tonight to get us back on track too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Brilliant performance last night, sets us up nicely for Friday and then the home leg next Tuesday.

Two cracking goals as well. Is it too much to ask that we play like that every week ;)

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Celtic friendly last year was the coldest I've ever experienced it.

Rumor has it that was the coldest temperature ever recorded anywhere on earth!

marwelie wrote: »
    Brilliant performance last night, sets us up nicely for Friday and then the home leg next Tuesday.

Two cracking goals as well. Is it too much to ask that we play like that every week ;)

Here's hoping, super performance, same again on Friday lads!

• Advertisement

What a performance last night. Cant wait for Friday

marwelie wrote: »

I'd settle for close to it:)

Playing as well on Friday would be good to expunge the Bray game and rebuild momentum..

Setanta Final venue confirmed as Tallaght.

Let's hope it doesn't go to penalties...

Getting to be a joke now.

Least it wasnt in "that end" in tallaght tbf. No chance Kelly would have even scored the first.

I know I'll sound like an idiot but I'm glad we got knocked out. We dont have the squad for all these tournaments and look how badly we were effected last season by some injuries, this season we've a smaller squad. The cup has little to no reward money and we still have to compete in League, FAI Cup (already in semis in Nov), and the Europa League.

The first two we've a very good chance of winning, and the third we only need to win 1 game, draw another and thats another 4 guarenteed games. Which will take a huge toll on the squad in a crucial part of the season.

So ye, kids played today...shows how highly MO'N thinks of it, and I agree. Just poor to throw away a lead.

€10,000 for the winners? That's a fair bit (20 extra memberships) for the 'smallest' tournament of the lot. And some of the squad with stuff to prove and to make an impact yet like PK, Flynn, Kilduff. Ah well..

€10,000 for the winners? That's a fair bit (20 extra memberships) for the 'smallest' tournament of the lot. And some of the squad with stuff to prove and to make an impact yet like PK, Flynn, Kilduff. Ah well..

10k is tiny tbh. Splitting attendances etc means its actually not really worth it.

We're already in the semis of FAI cup, Final of the setanta (where we only played like 4 games) and the league.

- FAI cup is only a small bit bigger prize money but huge attendance raise/prestige.
    - Setanta very large win bonus for 5 games. Nearly 10k a game IIRC.
    - League double setanta..obviously the smallest win bonus vs games. Rewards are obviously elsewhere ie TV, sponsorship, CL spot.
    - CL game, win bonus is amazing. If we win the first round then the bonus is bigger than the combination of FAI/league/setanta x3/4/5...who knows the exact figure. Would be in excess of 500k for 6 games.

So ye, not overly worried. It's a luxury tbh, Mon would never take it seriously so would have been about as important as the A-championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Ebbs wrote: »
    We're already in the semis of FAI cup

As much as I'd love that to be true, I don't think it is. FAI cup third round is week ending 5th of June for all LOI teams I think.

Advertisement