Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

As much as I'd love that to be true, I don't think it is. FAI cup third round is week ending 5th of June for all LOI teams I think.

Oops my mistake. I was doing a prizemoney vs games played and was checking our fixtures and just seen

"
    Fri 14th
    L
    Rovers v Bohemians - Tallaght Stadium 8.00pm
    (FAI Ford Cup Semi-Finals)
    "

Meh, its only an additional 3 games though. As I said the actual prize money isnt amazing, its more the other revenue streams that really boost it. Ones the EA cup just doesnt have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Setanta final tickets on sale tomorrow at Tallaght stadium.

One per member (who have it reserved for them) and one per season ticket holder - first-come first-served.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1918-setanta-final-tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

stovelid wrote: »
    Setanta final tickets on sale tomorrow at Tallaght stadium.

One per member (who have it reserved for them) and one per season ticket holder - first-come first-served.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1918-setanta-final-tickets

Ours go on sale from today to Wednesday evening. Any unsold tickets will then go back on sale to Rovers. I'll be extremely surprised and delighted if you don't get at least an additional 1000 tickets. In fact going by attendances this year we may only take circa 1k to Tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Lads, the little brother is askin' about the match where you's hosted Real a while back. What's the story with the extra stands? Were they just temporary scaffold jobs?

Lads, the little brother is askin' about the match where you's hosted Real a while back. What's the story with the extra stands? Were they just temporary scaffold jobs?

Yup put up for our Summer tournament. Games vs Newcastle/Madrid and hibs (I think).

Not allowed for europe though unfortunitly. But ye just scaffold jobs, although very nice ones at that with tunnels running through them.

• Advertisement

Were they not up to European Standards? Were they standing or seated?

Were they not up to European Standards? Were they standing or seated?

All seated.

No temp stands are up to european standards unfortunitly. We applied for the Juve game this year and were shot down too.

Deemed unsafe acccording to them.

Another question I meant to ask. What was the story with the flares the Rovers lads used in Dalyer? Why were they flashing instead of burning constantly? and did the Club get in any trouble for the lads usin them?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Another question I meant to ask. What was the story with the flares the Rovers lads used in Dalyer? Why were they flashing instead of burning constantly? and did the Club get in any trouble for the lads usin them?

They're strobos, a different kind of flare. Haven't heard of any fine for them yet but you can be sure we did yeah. What's with the odd questions?!

If I can think it I'll ask it. Check my post history :D

• Advertisement

Just realised I had a video of them

Are you a bohs fan Tangy?

You can see strobos being used to a bit better effect here and here, obviously plenty of examples out there, look the dogs when used well.

No I'm not a Bohs fan. They look great with the smoke in the first vid. How much are they and how do you get your hands on them? Anything Iv searched so far has been around the 80dollar mark.. and they are electrical ones so Im sure Im searching the wrong term.

No I'm not a Bohs fan. They look great with the smoke in the first vid. How much are they and how do you get your hands on them? Anything Iv searched so far has been around the 80dollar mark.. and they are electrical ones so Im sure Im searching the wrong term.

Who do you support?

http://www.ultrasshop.com/ or any Ultras suppliers site.

Noone at the mo, but Iv always had a soft spot for Shels so tend to be leaning towards them at the moment. Iv also been to more Shels matches than anyone else this season.. so If I had to answer I would say them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Any ITKs know if the rumoured friendly v. LA Galaxy is a goer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Voltwad wrote: »

I'm afraid you have to be in the clique. Only those ITK know and it's a no no to let anyone outside the clique know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Voltwad wrote: »

Basically yes. In November.

LA on tour and it will be Beckhams last games as a pro. The issue is around timing within the tour, if its his actual last game, its in the Aviva, if not, Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm afraid you have to be in the clique. Only those ITK know and it's a no no to let anyone outside the clique know :)
    I thought they'd done away with that clique business :pac:

This would be another PR coup for the club and hopefully it comes off, chance to see Landon Donovan too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If it does happen, that's Beckham, Ronaldo, Del Piero, Raul..at this rate Messi and Xavi will finish their careers unfulfilled to not play at Tallaght:pac:

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    If it does happen, that's Beckham, Ronaldo, Del Piero, Raul..at this rate Messi and Xavi will finish their careers unfulfilled to not play at Tallaght:pac:

I dunno, summer window is open and we could always use a bit of back up for twigg and finn tbh.

Turner would get the nod first, Xavi would be useful to change the game from the bench at 0-0 though:pac:

Kick off at 18:45:

We can confirm that the kick off time in Tallinn will be 18.45 on Tuesday 19th July in the second leg tie between Shamrock Rovers and FC Flora Tallinn.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1999-tallinn-kick-off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kick off at 18:45:

We can confirm that the kick off time in Tallinn will be 18.45 on Tuesday 19th July in the second leg tie between Shamrock Rovers and FC Flora Tallinn.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1999-tallinn-kick-off

Was it always on the tuesday? Going?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Was it always on the tuesday?

Yeah, but the kick-off has only just been confirmed there.
    Going?

Oh yeah. :cool: Booked since the draw. Thankfully a more affordable trip than some of the other ones we could have got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Sadly I won't be going. Wife is due 2 weeks after that so travel plans as of now are shelved.

Did Crolly resign today?

Yes he did. To be confirmed by the club today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Confirmed on Aertel that he has resigned and no reason has been given.

Trouble in the camp or "personal reasons"?

• Advertisement

Trouble in the camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

crises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Birmingham looking for persmission to speak to Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood, this morning. Michael O'Neill linked very heavily to Hibs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Trouble in the camp.

Are you able to elaborate at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Strong rumours now that O'Neill's leaving. Who would replace him? Fenlon?

Christ I hope not.

Would have had Croly as a caretaker myself, maybe Liam Buckley til the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Fenlon scrapes in ahead of Collins at the very bottom rung of potential managerial replacements category. Having said that, the doctor guy who comes out onto the sideline everytime a player goes down with cramp or bruised ego would be ahead of both.

Should it come to pass that MON goes..

You know there's nothing but an apple and the last printed copy of the The Evening Press in that black briefcase he carries.

Lots of 2+2=5 at the moment, I see.

Lots of 2+2=5 at the moment, I see.

2+2 = 3,000

See what i did there :D

The rumour around Twiggs dropping is my favourite :)

Which one of the Twigg rumours. I've heard plenty :)

• Advertisement

iregk wrote: »
    Which one of the Twigg rumours. I've heard plenty :)

rumours are Oneill told players BEFORE the sligo game that if the players performed better and if they were further ahead then MON would get a better contract and more money.
    Twigg told him to **** off and lost the head.he got dropped.

that one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

So O'Neill has had bust-ups with Croly, Dan Murray and Dean Kelly, and it's only like half way through the season.:eek:

So O'Neill has had bust-ups with Croly, Dan Murray and Dean Kelly, and it's only like half way through the season.:eek:

Sure that's Nobel Peace Prize winning stuff compared to what Pat Scully used to get up to.

There was a heated dispute over a bottle of Timotei Herbal Essence found in the showers and MON pulled rank on account of having more hair than TC. It got out of hand and TC had to be restrained from giving MON a wedgie in front of the squad.

Man management, my arse.

RTE
    "Over the past few months my football relationship with the manager has changed somewhat," was what Trevor Croly has had to say today. Tune in to Sport at 7 Extra on Radio One from 18.30 this evening for analysis of the current events at Shamrock Rovers

for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It was always going to be hard to keep all the players happy and you knew if things weren't running smoothly there would be a bit of trouble in the squad. I remember people saying it pre-season that the only way they wont win the league is if there is trouble off the pitch. We'll see how they deal with it in the next few weeks though.

rumours are Oneill told players BEFORE the sligo game that if the players performed better and if they were further ahead then MON would get a better contract and more money.
    Twigg told him to **** off and lost the head.he got dropped.

Thats not bad. Not quite up there though with the one I heard from a bohs mate of mine. Apparently they got heated and had to be seperated but not before Twigg and Murry came to blows :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

I heard Hooperman saved the day when he came to MON rescue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

paulcorr wrote: »
    I heard Hooperman saved the day when he came to MON rescue.

Has Larry Murphy not legged it abroad yet?:D

There's a cracking deal on the Champions League tickets against Tallinn. One adult and two kids for €20.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/2000-3-in-1-ticket-offer

• Advertisement
Advertisement