Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

iregk wrote: »
    Not a done deal yet!

Most likely gonna happen, good deal for everyone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

dreamers75 wrote: »

How much do Pats get? :D

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    How much do Pats get? :D

About 20 euro, hes a nice lad and decent player. Brilliant during the Euro run so EPL assumes that hes good :p League form vs us anyway wasnt great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Pats, UCD & Cherry Orchard all due to get a cut of that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Ahem! Really hope we can hold on to him until January, also he's worth more than the figures rumoured.

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Ahem! Really hope we can hold on to him until January, also he's worth more than the figures rumoured.

Sell now and get him back on loan would be the best deal for all, he gets 6 Euro games Villa get him in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Looking like it's not going to be in Tallaght unfortunately.

http://twitter.com/#!/KieranHoldenTV3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Very surprising! He hasn't been that effective for most of the season, has struggled with the step up.

Good to see him back playing, only ever see him moaning that he didn't play on his facebook. :D Few of us still plan on getting over to a UCD match see how an old school mate is getting up since his step up from playing in the smallest school yard in Dublin.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Foxx92 wrote: »

No decision made

http://twitter.com/#!/ShamrockRovers

I don't expect it to be Tallaght, but live in hope..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Looking like it's not going to be in Tallaght unfortunately.

http://twitter.com/#!/KieranHoldenTV3

The club responded saying that there has been no decision made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How else does one get to Dundalk? Is it really €20 by train??

ps rarely go to away games so kinda new :P

Posted this is wrong thread before :o

IvySlayer wrote: »

Most either drive up or get one of the supporters' clubs buses which is the best value and entertainment in the long run and membership is always open. I go for the Hoops SC myself..

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/fanzone/supporters-clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Stevens is staying with ye until January, then he'll move to Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Corholio wrote: »
    Stevens is staying with ye until January, then he'll move to Villa.

No way?

@Ivy Slayer: Handy drive up to Dundalk on the motorway if you have a car. If not, the supporters buses or one of the private buses ran by supporters is your only man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Was Stevens contracted to the end of next year? I assume so if the fee was what we are hearing.

Was Stevens contracted to the end of next year? I assume so if the fee was what we are hearing.

Signed a two year contract at the start of this season.

Can't hold on to a player in this league that gets an offer on the magic airplane. After losing Chambers and Mannus, a half-decent transfer fee and his services until January would be the best outcome we could have hoped for.

Don't disagree with you at all. Figured with the fee he can't have been out of contract in November.

Good to see him back playing, only ever see him moaning that he didn't play on his facebook. :D Few of us still plan on getting over to a UCD match see how an old school mate is getting up since his step up from playing in the smallest school yard in Dublin.:D

How do you know Samir Gav?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

You signed Rohan Ricketts. Top quality signing if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

BOHtox wrote: »
    You signed Rohan Ricketts. Top quality signing if true.

Looks like it is, the man himself has said he's completed the medical and is on verge of signing a contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Already Rovers European exploits are having an effect.

Looks like it is, the man himself has said he's completed the medical and is on verge of signing a contract

Could be a bit of a journeyman which somewhat goes against Rovers policy of getting younger players, rushed in from across the water to provide a few more legs for MON to use I'd say.

As long as he's within the playing budget, I don't mind. It could've been worse, we could've got Willo McDonagh ahead of Roderick..:eek:

The only 'rickety' thing I'm interested in is our current centre half cover.

stovelid wrote: »
    The only 'rickety' thing I'm interested in is our current centre half cover.

Oh football is a fickle bitch, would you like Conor Kenna giftwrapped, i can personally drop him off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I heard you've signed this guy too.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Paterson

This is what I was afraid of. Although I thought it would happen later. I just hope you don't beat our record of largest gap between 1st and 2nd. You can have all the leagues you want while we rebuild but don't take that:o

• Advertisement

Both signings officially confirmed.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/2151-hoops-complete-double-signing

Shamrock Rovers have had a successful day in the transfer market, completing the signing of Rohan Ricketts and Jim Paterson.

The signings are a boost for the Hoops ahead of the run in to the end of the Airtricity League season, and the Europa League Groups Stages campaign.

Both players signed as free agents.

Midfielder, Ricketts (28) previously had spells with Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, and Wolverhampton.

And defender, Paterson (31) previously played for Dundee United, Motherwell and Plymouth Argyle.

Commenting on the signings, Hoops boss, Michael O’Neill said: “We’re delighted to have added the two players to our squad, especially given the limited time period we had.

“Jim will add great experience having played over 300 games at SPL and Championship level, and can play in a number of positions.

“Rohan is a very exciting option and can add a little bit extra in the final third of the pitch. He has also played first team football at the highest level.”

The Alan Moores of this generation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Chairman now on Off the Ball on Newstalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

wheres the best place to buy a rovers jersey?
    gona jump on the bandwagon if theres any room left on it?

Plenty of room, the Rovers megastore at the stadium is the best place (only place?) for the shirt. All the money stays within the club that way..

• Advertisement

cool, was lookin in shops + online with no joy, live a bit away from the ground

who was ricketts with last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

dfx- wrote: »
    Plenty of room, the Rovers megastore at the stadium is the best place (only place?) for the shirt. All the money stays within the club that way..

Don't Carrolls carry most Dublin based LOI shirts?

I'm guessing you can get it from the online store from Rovers' website too if you can't make the ground.
    cson wrote: »
    Don't Carrolls carry most Dublin based LOI shirts?

Do they? I don't darken their door..I don't think they'd have Rovers or at least the current Rovers jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Jonathan Roche said they'll have permanent seating on both the currently empty sides by Tuesday when Uefa inspect it :confused: I gather they'll just be ''temporary seats'' but left there permanently?

I went in there about a year ago to pick up an Irish shirt that wasn't destroyed with the Eircom Logo [Shelled out €90 iirc for a No.9 with Ireland v Argentina embroidered on it; robbery but far and away my favourite shirt ever] and they definitely had Bohs, Pats and Rovers shirts in that FAI/Ireland/Whatever shop they call it downstairs in Westmoreland.

colly_06 wrote: »
    Jonathan Roche said they'll have permanent seating on both the currently empty sides by Tuesday when Uefa inspect it :confused: I gather they'll just be ''temporary seats'' but left there permanently?

Brighton had it at the Withdean Stadium before they moved this year - its the same type of stands you'd see at Golf events.

I'd imagine it'd be somewhat similar to what Leinster have at the RDS, I've been there a good few times and I'm positive both the end stands and the one across from the old stand are "permanent" temporary stands.

wheres carrolls lads?
    in town is it?
    60eish im guessing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

sc86 wrote: »
    cool, was lookin in shops + online with no joy, live a bit away from the ground

Westmorland St. or even easier just go to the online store on the official website and get it delivered to your door :) i would send you the link but im on my phone.

Seems to be good news filtering through regarding Tallaght being suitable. Wont be official untill next week. Exciting times ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

wheres carrolls lads?
    in town is it?
    60eish im guessing?

They have them in Tallaght Stadium (more profit for the club plus take online orders/delieveries) Then the two FAI shops on suffolk street and westmorlan street also sell them

57 Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

wheres carrolls lads?
    in town is it?
    60eish im guessing?
    Yup, its the red 1 with Cab 2000 on the front, the green and white 1 is a special European jersey.

• Advertisement

colly_06 wrote: »
    The structure and seats are rented. They are expensive to rent, but that's nothing compared to building something permanent.

They will come down in Dec. Can't imagine they've bought them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Rohan Ricketts in his Spurs days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If he can replicate that sort of form he'll do very well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Two meh signings imo, and a worrying indication of where they might spend this windfall going forward.

Both players have played very little football the last couple of seasons, and I can't imagine they agreed to deals far under €40k per annum. I personally believe it would be a grave mistake to start getting into this end of the market - players around the 30 mark who have Championship level credentials in their past.

Hopefully they were just stopgaps with the glut of fixtures coming up in mind, and have been signed to much lower wages than I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

IvySlayer wrote: »

It'll be €24 by train!! :mad:

Best public transport would be Matthews coach which is €12 return and can be quicker than train if a direct bus. Leaves from Parnell St and free wifi so you can read match reports on way back. Timetables can be gotten from here;
    http://matthews.ie/images/pdfs/01-dundalk-timetable.pdf

If he can replicate that sort of form he'll do very well!

And the chances of that are between slim and none I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    And the chances of that are between slim and none I'd imagine.

I think he could be a very good signing. Probably sees this as a chance to get back to a big English club and if he does well in Europa league would certainly increase those chances

The other lad seems to be a bit of a strange one. Not good enough for a league two team but good enough for Rovers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

doncarlos wrote: »
    I think he could be a very good signing. Probably sees this as a chance to get back to a big English club and if he does well in Europa league would certainly increase those chances

Eh, he's made 30 senior appearances (at clubs in Canada, Hungary, Moldova and the lower German divisions) over the past 2 and half years, and failed to secure a deal earlier in the summer after trials at Stevenage and Chesterfield. When he was good, it was because of phenomenal pace and athleticism. This guy is done, and I'd be shocked if he does much at LOI level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

cson wrote: »
    I went in there about a year ago to pick up an Irish shirt that wasn't destroyed with the Eircom Logo [Shelled out €90 iirc for a No.9 with Ireland v Argentina embroidered on it; robbery but far and away my favourite shirt ever] and they definitely had Bohs, Pats and Rovers shirts in that FAI/Ireland/Whatever shop they call it downstairs in Westmoreland.

The Umbro store moved about 5 doors down from Carrolls and should have jerseys in stock but the club wont see much of the money.

• Advertisement

Rohan Ricketts in his Spurs days

It's not the best of highlights reels as these things go on youtube...

Advertisement