Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

TBH, I think I over-reacted to the signings.
    Rickett's last two clubs were German Division 4 and a Moldovan club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Eh, he's made 30 senior appearances (at clubs in Canada, Hungary, Moldova and the lower German divisions) over the past 2 and half years, and failed to secure a deal earlier in the summer after trials at Stevenage and Chesterfield. When he was good, it was because of phenomenal pace and athleticism. This guy is done, and I'd be shocked if he does much at LOI level.

Have to say I'd be inclined to agree but Twigg was playing in the second division in Scotland when we signed him and had also failed to settle at a lot of clubs.

A lazy comparison to older players sleepwalking to an easy pay day doesn't make sense: 28 year old on short deal for big games. More likely that he'll try hard to get noticed and get another club.

Would have preferred other signings but it's tough to find out of contract players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

stovelid wrote: »
    Would have preferred other signings but it's tough to find out of contract players.
    Yeah, Europa League or not, a short-term deal at a LOI team might not be the easiest sell to players who would add significant quality to Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

dont know much about tha guy ricketts but looks a decent player from that you tube vid, if im right hes still only 28 goin on 29 so should still have a bit of pace and plenty of confidence by the looks of things. who was the lad signed from motherwell?? does anybody know anything about him? anyway hope they go well for you and help get yez out of that group:D

dont know much about tha guy ricketts but looks a decent player from that you tube vid, if im right hes still only 28 goin on 29 so should still have a bit of pace and plenty of confidence by the looks of things. who was the lad signed from motherwell?? does anybody know anything about him? anyway hope they go well for you and help get yez out of that group:D

Don't know much about him. MON and Magilton supposed to be very keen on him and he can apparently play a few positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

See what you're saying stovelid. Anyone know anything about the particulars of the deal in terms of length and salary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    See what you're saying stovelid. Anyone know anything about the particulars of the deal in terms of length and salary?

Id say your talking a 6 month contract here, supposedly Ricketts is on 1500e per week.

How did he get on against Dundalk, heard he was fairly lively? what about Paterson?

You can say what you want about Ricketts but he is relatively young and has played at the highest level albiet 7 or 8 odd years ago he will add invaluable experience.

scruff321 wrote: »
    You can say what you want about Ricketts but he is relatively young and has played at the highest level albiet 7 or 8 odd years ago he will add invaluable experience.
    Early days yet but I think he could end up being a big player for them.

scruff321 wrote: »
    How did he get on against Dundalk, heard he was fairly lively? what about Paterson?

Decent prospect I thought. Provided assists for both goals (a goal and a penalty) and some other clever touches and through balls on a very very poor pitch. Faded a bit at times but probably down to match sharpness.

Paterson looked good at left -full I thought. Looked solid and very experienced and made two last ditch tackles that prevented very possible goals. Looked in good shape for a 31 year old but he hadn't played for ages though and it showed as he ran out of steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Is there an announcement expected from UEFA today regarding Tallaght Stadium?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    How do you know Samir Gav?

Was in Secondary School with the lad.

Just on a side note, Neale Fenn signed for your neighbours out in Tallaght, Sacred Heart!:D Did he retire from yous or just leave?:D

A magnificent sight

305393_1909322023253_1547927728_31427313_2043840498_n.jpg

A windbreak too...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Reckon it could hold a good 45k :pac:

Surprised no official club release as of yet. Inspection must have not went totally as planned today.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Tallaght has been given the go ahead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Where is the information coming from, The twitter account says they are still awaiting a UEFA Decision. ??

Its all over the rovers forum at the minute and i'd say the club will anounce it around midday with the price of the tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I look forward to sitting in that stand on a balmy November Thursday night up the Dublin mountains.

obi_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

dfx- wrote: »
    A magnificent sight

what kind of figure woud it take to make permanent seating there??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

A magnificent sight

them seats get around the country any way;)

Biggest fear is they will look out of place, need random dashes of paint. After years homeless, you know the colour of our seats is usually top priority of most of our supporters and LoI supporters in general.

Wonder will the sligo game be moved to tolka :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I totally mis read that and thought it said 70 per game and almost had a heart attack!

Also from site:

Individual match ticket prices will vary; tickets for the first Europa group game against Rubin Kazan next Thursday are €25 for adults and €15 for concessions.

That's a killing of a saving for concessions..might be renewing my student card tomorrow so. Insane value.

10am Saturday morning...all other appointments are off.:)

Going on recent queues, I think it's ambitious to get through the season ticket queue in just three hours :pac:

That's a killing of a saving for concessions..might be renewing my student card tomorrow so. Insane value.

10am Saturday morning...all other appointments are off.:)

Going on recent queues, I think it's ambitious to get through the season ticket queue in just three hours :pac:

With the use of postal addresses and potential credit card machines, you'd be lucky to catch the Pats match if you're in the ST queue. Might come back for 1pm just to see what general sale looks like :pac:

Ebbs wrote: »
    Biggest fear is they will look out of place, need random dashes of paint.
    Out of place?

It's the only part of the bloody ground with colours that make any fúcking sense!

Ticket queue was nuts out at Tallaght Stadium when I left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I got my tickets at 4pm after queuing since 2:30, still people in the queue when i left but it was dying down.

What time did the ST queue end at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

What time did the ST queue end at?

They allowed the general sale queue to join the end of the season ticket queue at about 1.15 but there were still dozens of season ticket holders waiting. Queued two and a half hours myself, just glad the weather was dry. Can't imagine what it would have been like if it was pissin' down.

ollaetta wrote: »
    They allowed the general sale queue to join the end of the season ticket queue at about 1.15 but there were still dozens of season ticket holders waiting. Queued two and a half hours myself, just glad the weather was dry. Can't imagine what it would have been like if it was pissin' down.

From what I hear nearly all ST holders and members must have been sorted so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Queued from about 10.45 till half 1, the odd dickhead skipping in line up to their mates was fairly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, but does anyone know if any pubs in Central London might be showing Thursday's Rovers vs Kazan match?

Amy advice would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Try this thread on the rovers forum, should help you find a place.

http://srfcultrasforum.eu/forum/showthread.php?2763-Hop-Pole-Pub-Wansworth-London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

I wonder how much the tickets are. It says 25 of the queens pounds. How much is that in IMF, EU, ECB money.

If you arrive with I'd say thirty of the IMF/EU/ECB money, you'd leave with a ticket.

With us having the Upper South stand too. Its marked for "UK based hoops" but should be easy enough to get a ticket if in dire need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

North and Rogers rumouringly heading Tallaght bound, cracking signings if true.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Not till January surely?

Dont believe Rogers for a second. He'd be behind Thompson and Brush in the pecking order, unless one is Europe/England/Jamaica bound.

Not till January surely?

Dont believe Rogers for a second. He'd be behind Thompson and Brush in the pecking order, unless one is Europe/England/Jamaica bound.

lol you sign the Best Keeper in the league and hes no 1.

Both for next season assuming North comes back over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

North has always impressed me, looks a bit fitter now too. Some of the forwards signed at the start of the season haven't really worked out for rovers too well. O'neil, kilduff...

And also I'd have Rogers ahead of Thompson and Brush. Thompson frightens the life out of me and although I haven't seen enough of Brush to judge him properly, I do rate Rogers highly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

North has always impressed me, looks a bit fitter now too. Some of the forwards signed at the start of the season haven't really worked out for rovers too well. O'neil, kilduff...

And also I'd have Rogers ahead of Thompson and Brush. Thompson frightens the life out of me and although I haven't seen enough of Brush to judge him properly, I do rate Rogers highly.

No doubt he's a very good player, but seeing him at the Cross tonight he dosen't look in any great shape, does that mean he was in worse shape?

Not sure we need Rogers as things stand, but I rate North. That said, I rated Kilduff last season as well. I like O Neill in terms of his support play but he needs to score a little bit more.

Twigg, Kelly, Shephard and North would be an awesome squad of strikers.

Twigg,

He staying? Assume if Mon goes he goes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

He staying? Assume if Mon goes he goes too.

Wouldn't count on it. Especially if he goes to Norn Iron. ;)

He staying?

Haven't heard otherwise. In contract anyway.

As said, MON would be a shoo-in for the NI job if the bigot goes, but hopefully he (MON) will sign the new contract.

Got me Spurs away tickets this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Rogers is going nowhere. Confirmed by a player last night who was talking to a friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement