Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why? Guessing he gave it the old RIP lark?

yup

@DarylKavanagh pack your bag kavanagh you ****. #****himout
    @DarylKavanagh **** him you should **** off back to pats you ****

My favourite
    @DarylKavanagh do you respect Hitler, gadaffi or hussain??!

WTf ? :p
    You should get dropped on friday for that tweet... RT @DarylKavanagh: RIP Kilcoyne #respectthedead

Those are the nicest ones i can post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Jaysis Daryl Kavanagh getting the full wrath of rovers fans on twitter.

Obviously I couldnt hate the man more, he started what looked like our downfall for a long time. There was matches in morton/richer/tolka/dalyer where no one in the club knew how long we'd last for. So essentially the hate from Rovers fans is well justified, nearly killing something they love. So sure, if fans are on twitter, abuse him all they want.

I do not see why he needed to chime in though. What was his aim behind it? It was totally unnessesary and was only going to cause an eruption, and he knew it. Similar to his name sake, paddy, killed his Rovers career last year through twitter.

Couldnt control the ball on friday night, now he cant seem to control his mouth either.

Seems he was taking the piss. Didnt realise the story was true etc. He should still keep his mouth shut. There needs to be some control over what players post on twitter, I rathered when they just talked about Nandos and injunctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Kavo did OK: set up Billy for the second goal.

He just looked like a quality player with a rusty first touch from not playing much so far.

Didn't see the tweets but that sounds pretty dumb. Just keep your gob shut. Needs to cop on what playing for us means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Minute slience at all the LoI matches at the weekend supposedly, Rovers live on TV away to Pats shall be delightful I'd say, must set record on the digibox before I head up to Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

RIP Louis! A great man!!!
    There are some cracking houses around Milltown these days in fairness... ;-)

Minute slience at all the LoI matches at the weekend supposedly, Rovers live on TV away to Pats shall be delightful I'd say, must set record on the digibox before I head up to Dundalk.

Minutes applause at best.

FAI will bottle it anyway.

He's with Ollie now eh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    He's with Ollie now eh.

Perhaps Ollie can get an update on how great Tallaght turned out after all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

GUST will be meeting with Shamrock Rovers supporters today at The Goalpost, Woodquay from 1.00pm on. All United and Rovers supporters welcome, finger food will be served. See you there !

Good value ticket prices for today's LSC game.

KO 4PM.

120507-v-pats.jpg

• Advertisement

Great win too, nice to see the natural balance redressed a little. McCormack had a storming game back in the middle.

Great miss from Deano too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dfx- wrote: »
    Great win too, nice to see the natural balance redressed a little. McCormack had a storming game back in the middle.

Great miss from Deano too :D

I've had enough!! Bucko out!!! Embarassing losing to a lower placed team!! :D

So anyway, the ref is bollixed!!

I've had enough!! Bucko out!!! Embarassing losing to a lower placed team!! :D

Aww and so many Pats fans turned up for the game and all :pac:

Blatant penalty the first ref missed just after Deano hit the bar from a yard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

not a rumour, a fact. Sullys back until the end of the season at least

What's this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

What's this about?

The player who scored that cracker signed for Rovers again on Wednesday after going off travelling for a while. Not a moment too soon IMO.

I was joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Tolka can't come quick enough now!

Keep having to remind myself it's on Thursday night..

All ticket or pay at the turnstiles?

Pay at the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

pay at the ticket office ticket at the turnstile

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

When are Sligo going bust so we can nick some of their defenders? Afraid anytime opposition get into our half they will score

Twigg playing hard ball on his contract?

tbh any player in that position at his age should be looking for the best possible deal. 14 odd goals in 14 league games is amazing.

Him or North staying or going will decide the league title tbh.

• Advertisement

Same price as last season, can't be any worse in terms of results at home!

early-bird-st.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

anybody know why brian laws was down at the ireland training sessions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Same price as last season, can't be any worse in terms of results at home!

Often wonder why clubs don't do season tickets for couples. Thought it was only Rovers but having checked other LOI websites nobody seems to.

ollaetta wrote: »
    Often wonder why clubs don't do season tickets for couples. Thought it was only Rovers but having checked other LOI websites nobody seems to.

Who the fcuk brings their missus out on the piss to a football match on a friday night? :confused:

Its sacred alone time!!

anybody know why brian laws was down at the ireland training sessions?

"Networking", one would imagine. Pushing the oul book and...future job.

Whoever comes in probably needs to be someone who has connections and can bring players in. Big exodus expected this year with Turner already gone, then the likes of Twigg, Gilbert, Brennan, O'Neill, Greene, nearly all certainly going. With a few more expected to leave.

• Advertisement

Ebbs wrote: »
    "Networking", one would imagine. Pushing the oul book and...future job.

Whoever comes in probably needs to be someone who has connections and can bring players in. Big exodus expected this year with Turner already gone, then the likes of Twigg, Gilbert, Brennan, O'Neill, Greene, nearly all certainly going. With a few more expected to leave.

Someone should tell your board that.

Some cracking signings your board "agreed" too, if they all work out you will have the best squad in the LOI......but in fairness you had that this year.

Someone should tell your board that.

Some cracking signings your board "agreed" too, if they all work out you will have the best squad in the LOI......but in fairness you had that this year.

So Ive heard, all from originated from supports of other clubs though, so hard to judge. Budget next season has taken a serious hit and the whole AGM/EGM thing makes me wonder. Rumours of some sort of "scouting" system in place too advising in absence of the manager... bull more than likely too.

If we get our squad back to what it was last year id be happy. Although this amazing squad you're talking about... players like McMillan and Ward from bohs dont inspire me with confidence.

Ebbs wrote: »
    So Ive heard, all from originated from supports of other clubs though, so hard to judge. Budget next season has taken a serious hit and the whole AGM/EGM thing makes me wonder. Rumours of some sort of "scouting" system in place too advising in absence of the manager... bull more than likely too.

If we get our squad back to what it was last year id be happy. Although this amazing squad you're talking about... players like McMillan and Ward from bohs dont inspire me with confidence.

AGM sounds like great fun :D

Chambers and GOB from us to you.

Ward signing for us seemingly and Buckley too, oh jaysis your doing it again signing players before you got a manager :D

best of luck with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ward signing for us seemingly and Buckley too,

Buckley finds it hard to get from training at Dalyer to Tolka to watch Shels matches, be impossible to make it from Inchicore. :D

Is it common knowledge that Laws has a buddy high up in SEAT?

Buckley finds it hard to get from training at Dalyer to Tolka to watch Shels matches, be impossible to make it from Inchicore. :D

They paying his wages makes it common.

Rovers have enough to be doing paying Kennys.

Hence DoF instead of manager too...

They sponsored scunthorpe when he was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jason McGuinness and James Chambers have both signed up. A good few more look to be on the way too.

Fitness coach, strength/conditioning coach etc as well. Dalton as goalkeeping coach. Moving fast..

Moving fast, drawing slowly..

2-for-20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Might have to start going here for rovers chat. The ultras forum is like a lunatic asylum, and arguing with idiots gives me a headache.

• Advertisement

It's a place with peaks and troughs in confidence..

7-1, even Gary O'Neill scored

Some cracking rumours about the Rovers AGM
    At least 2 board members have walked away after allegations of european money being trousered.
    Croly to be gone after dundalk lc game, to be replaced by .....alan mathews.
    Club made a loss of €247k last year, and some players are to be offloaded in july as a cost cuting measure.
    aston villa friendly in jeopardy as villa want payment to play upfront, and Rovers not in a position to comply

All from foot.ie

Yup, I was there and I thought it was three resignations tbh.

:pac:

Yup, I was there and I thought it was three resignations tbh.

:pac:

Hold on, that post above is a pisstake surely!! :confused:

Not at all, chairman got Croly by the neck and threw him out of the window after a vote for just that too.

[Of course it is, it's a Rovers fan who posted them on foot.ie. No doubt someone will believe them..]

Not at all, chairman got Croly by the neck and threw him out of the window after a vote for just that too.

[Of course it is, it's a Rovers fan who posted them on foot.ie. No doubt someone will believe them..]

Ha!! I did hear though that after Croly was thrown through the window, he was going to go back in and gain his revenge, but then just decided to call it a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

2yv4b5z.jpg

Anyone want to divulge why the Ultras Forum is down. No display last Friday either....

• Advertisement

I would guess that it's that the fee - paid by the Ultras themselves - wasn't renewed with the hosting company or some such.

Advertisement