Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homevision.ie

• 13-03-2009 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Came across these guys offering Phone, Broadband and TV www.homevision.ie. Don't know if this has been posted.

Their TV, 3MB BroadBand and basic TV service is cheaper per month than eircoms 3MB equivelant, and your getting a base TV service.

Does anyone know anything about these guys? Or is anyone already using them? Hope they are not another SmartTelecom.

Would consider switching from eircom to them and onto their 7MB service, saving me money and also getting an additional TV service. Would see what the TV service was like and if it was any good, drop SKY and bundle some of homeservice SKY packages, saving money over SKY.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about these guys? Or is anyone already using them? Hope they are not another SmartTelecom.

What?

Smart are in the top three ISP's in Ireland, along with Magnet and UPC and offer an excellent service.

Homevision on the other hand has a terrible reputation here on boards. Their TV service is IPTV, meaning it works over the telephone line and IPTV doesn't work very well at all.

I also find it very suspicious that they don't list the 31 free channels on their site, I'm guessing that you could get the same 31 channels free from your Sky box, if you cancel the Sky subscription as they are all free to air channels.

Your best bet would be to switch your phone and broadband to either Smart or UPC and cancel your Sky sub and just use FTA sat instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

bk wrote: »
    What?

Smart are in the top three ISP's in Ireland, along with Magnet and UPC and offer an excellent service.

Homevision on the other hand has a terrible reputation here on boards. Their TV service is IPTV, meaning it works over the telephone line and IPTV doesn't work very well at all.

I also find it very suspicious that they don't list the 31 free channels on their site, I'm guessing that you could get the same 31 channels free from your Sky box, if you cancel the Sky subscription as they are all free to air channels.

Your best bet would be to switch your phone and broadband to either Smart or UPC and cancel your Sky sub and just use FTA sat instead.

Thanks for that. Regarding Smart I only ment in the context where their residnetial business went belly-up and left a lot of customers with no phone service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Regarding Smart I only ment in the context where their residnetial business went belly-up and left a lot of customers with no phone service.

They're a different company these days though. Much better and more efficient. The name and the top notch products are the only thing that remained the same since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

bk wrote: »
    What?

none of which are available anywhere in ennis (you'd swear we were in outer mongolia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭DoubleBogey

So anyone using these guys for broadband? Looks like a good deal. Optional fixed ip for extra €3 p.m seems attractive too. But I'm very wary of the dreaded awful customer service that cones with a lot of broadband services...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Current thread, no need to drag up a 2 year old one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement