Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compressor this morning

Options
  • 13-03-2009 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Did some clever person start a compressor and jackhammer this morning at 5am?(park direction) If so did anyone source where it was from and complain? I was trying to get a child back to sleep. It went on for an hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Left for work at 5:50 this morning and heard that noise. It sounded very distant though, not sure it was coming from Charlesland.

It sounded like construction and there was some very heavy duty machinery breaking up concrete. Thing it was too early for that so god knows what it actually was.

I heard it from the Court BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

No responses up until then so thought it might havr been the clampers. They were clamping last night too. AHHHHHHHH! Just struck me. Maybe someone was trying to get a clamp off. I see they're clamping people who park a little on the path. i.e. two cars in one driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Yip we heard it too in the Grove, sounded like an industrial sledgehammer. Looked out but couldnt see anything.. bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

i've heard this noise a few months ago coming from the beach. i think (and i am only guessing) that there is a dredger working over there in relation to the harbour project.

when there is a breeze coming in off the sea the noise travels and sounds much louder.

i know this sounds a weird suggestion but i have heard it on several occasions! :D

Advertisement