Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live?

• 13-03-2009 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

Just a quick poll to see where people live (City or County) who peruse the Waterford City Forum

This affects potential canditates in the local and european elections. no point in looking for county votes if the majority of people here are from the City or vice versa

Where do you live 76 votes

Waterford City
    0% 0 votes
    Waterford County
    77% 59 votes
    Other Areas
    22% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

think you should expand the poll a bit to include an other section....
    I live in Co. Kilkenny, the very very southern tip but I work in waterford so I use the waterford forum board as I spend most of my time in waterford and when I am going out I go out in waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

robtri wrote: »
    I live in Co. Kilkenny, the very very southern tip

North Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Fajitas! wrote: »
    North Waterford?
    I second that proposal. Henceforth the area formally known as South Kilkenny will be known as North Waterford.
    That was easy and without dispute from the North Waterfordians.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

old gregg wrote: »
    I second that proposal. Henceforth the area formally known as South Kilkenny will be known as North Waterford.
    That was easy and without dispute from the North Waterfordians.

sure all of Waterford is known as South South Kilkenny, Kilkenny is pretty big these days ;)

We have three train stations (even if Waterford existed)

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Cabaal wrote: »
    sure all of Waterford is known as South South Kilkenny, Kilkenny is pretty big these days ;)

We have three train stations (even if Waterford existed)

:pac::pac:

And a McDonalds.......

KilkennyMacs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Freddie59 wrote: »
    And a McDonalds.......

try harder next time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

try harder next time :)

I LOL'ed TBF

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bare in mind this thread gets a lot of lurkers from the City. It has people posting that might not be able to vote here but have a very close connection to the city and there opinion should count.

Anyway, your poll is showing that its mostly city folk (so far!)

may be no harm adding a outside waterford option, given there are users on this board who don't actually live in waterford all the time so they may not consider it home as such

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

may be no harm adding a outside waterford option, given there are users on this board who don't actually live in waterford all the time so they may not consider it home as such

yes, ye move ye're caravans from place to place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

Balbriggan co Dublin,but me and the boss woman spend a lot of leisure time in Waterford,camping in Dooleys this weekend,Electric Avenue tonight,happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im living in some kip of a house in lismore park. usally big partys etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Ferrybank, so other areas really ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Blaa city boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

well before moving to my current location, i used to live beside St Otterans (twas mad place!!!!) anyway aye i do miss home from time to time, was back at christmas which was nice to see all the old sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Plug wrote: »
    Im living in some kip of a house in lismore park. usally big partys etc.
    lismore park aint a kip lol. Im up in posh hillview

Advertisement