Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktail Bar in Dublin

Options
  • 13-03-2009 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Looking for a good cocktail bar in Dublin...south side if possible or city centre!!

Anyone reccommend one??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I can recommend the Dublin forum*

* and Capitol Bar on George's Street

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Venu on Annes Lane off Grafton Street is good but expensive!

You said cock

teehee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I don't like money

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

can't really beat Capitol on Geoge's Street alright, huge selection of cocktails for €5 til 11 or 12

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

gandalf wrote: »
    Venu on Annes Lane off Grafton Street is good but expensive!

Yup.
    Their apple strudel cocktail. Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Looking for a good cock in Dublin...south side if possible or city centre!!

Anyone reccommend one??

Fixed that for you..

also sent you a pm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mewaved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FlexiLexi

Try Howl at the Moon on Lower Mount Street

Also, personal fave is the Westbury for cocktail, quite expensive, but the Westbury Mojito made with bacardi 8 and crushed berries is a definate must!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Wouldn't agree with capital at all, I worked for a few years as a cocktail barman and their cocktails are €5 for a reason.

For really good cocktails in dublin you have to go to hotel bar or Restaurants. Good Cocktails don't come cheap your looking at €10+ per cocktail.

Here are some of my favourite:
    Mint bar in the Weston
    Octagon bar in the Clarence
    Venu
    Diep Le Shaker (restaurant off baggot st lower)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

best cocktails for me are in the octagon bar in the clarence hotel (pretty expensive though)

the cocktails in the capitol bar are cheap and seriously nasty. they haven't got a clue how to make a decent cocktail

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

the cocktails in the capitol bar are cheap and seriously nasty. they haven't got a clue how to make a decent cocktail

+1

I could be wrong but I think TGI Fridays are renound for their 'tails'. They have a humongous cocktail menu, and you can get them size big or ultimate! And the food's not bad either!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Capitol is cheap and cheerful. As others have said, the drinks are E5 for a reason.

TGI Fridays are doing special deals at the moment, a fiver a pop I think.

Koh, near the Millenium Bridge, do fantastic cocktails.

It's a pity though that cocktails are generally so expensive in this town. I was in Edinburgh recently in two different cocktail bars, and the choice/value was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

saba ( vietnamese/thai restaraunt at the back of the westbury ) is reputed to be good for cocktails.

I can recommend it for food and atmosphere though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Solas make good cocktails, green 19 getting some good reviews, Fitzwilliam Hotel bar can make good cocktails but they're too expensive. I always found very little alcohol in the ones in Capitol

Advertisement