Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Project - Where can I do a course?

• 13-03-2009 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I'm involved in construction and I'd like to do a course on Microsoft Project. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

Having the same problem myself at the moment but I've been in touch with the head of engineering in trinity and the guy who teaches programming on the masters course in project management there. He told me best way to learn is for myself with the help of a book, I don't have the name of it to hand but I can get it if you like?

Most courses, and there are very few in the country are very expensive and you can save yourself a fair bit of cash by doing it yourself up until you reach a level of competence that to become more advamced you will need professional help.

I asked him about Primavera as well- told me only 10% of the biggest firms in the country use it and they're the likes of IBM and Pfizer. €5,000 to buy the licence for the software so I think I'll stick with MSProject for the moment.

If you want to see something very impreesive have a look at Synchro- 5Dimensional programming- looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gunnersonny

I know there was a course provider in Dublin providing a course through the CIF, but it's not on at the moment. If you got a name of the book that would be great. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Do you know project management already ?

It's just, depending on what course you do they might just teach you how to use Ms Project but not the basics of project management.

Open Workbench is free if you wanted to play around with a similar project management application at home.

Open Workbench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

I know there was a course provider in Dublin providing a course through the CIF, but it's not on at the moment. If you got a name of the book that would be great. Cheers

http://pmbook.ce.cmu.edu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

I bought training courses on CD for project 2007 and Visio 2007 a couple of years ago but never used them. I'll see if I can find them and post back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

These might help to get you started - they're not in logical order though.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project/CH100740881033.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Lots of great tutorials on youtube

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 TrimLad

You could google some of the computer training companies but they tend to be expensive

Advertisement